The Student Room Group

I want to learn a foreign language!

Scroll to see replies

Sorry to be a pain in the backside, but what does that Lennon translate to in English:colondollar:
Original post by pinda.college
Sorry to be a pain in the backside, but what does that Lennon translate to in English:colondollar:

"Cuenta tu edad por tus amigos, no por tus años. Cuenta tu vida por tus sonrisas, no por tus lágrimas"

Literally: "Count your age by your friends, not your years. Count your life by your smiles, not by your tears".

:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I want to learn Spanish...

...then I want to learn:
Portuguese
French
Italian
Original post by Dee Leigh
I want to learn Spanish...

...then I want to learn:
Portuguese
French
Italian

:woo:

Join us! :tongue:

Spanish Learners' Society: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1876693

Portuguese Learners' Society: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1818375

:biggrin:
Original post by thesilvermagnolia

Gracias!
Original post by Dee Leigh

Gracias!

De nada! Disfruta!
Original post by monicaa
how do you learn? :biggrin: i really want to teach myself italian :smile: (i have my family to practice with, but they don't have the time to teach me! lol)

(oh just saw the post above me, thanks, that really helps :biggrin:)

Me too! Got books from the library, just have to start :smile: Are you a complete beginner?
Reply 247
Original post by ShiphDeef:)
Me too! Got books from the library, just have to start :smile: Are you a complete beginner?

yeahhh i am!
i understand it, (well i could follow a conversation) but i don't know what everything means and how to reply :P
are you? :smile:
Original post by monicaa
yeahhh i am!
i understand it, (well i could follow a conversation) but i don't know what everything means and how to reply :P
are you? :smile:

Yes, complete beginner. I don't know anyone who speaks Italian :smile:

I think I'm going to start going to Italian classes after school.

I can talk to French people in French already, albeit not very well.

I would LOVE to be fluent in both French and Italian.

My aim is to be fluent in both by the time I'm 18. Then I can live in France & Italy during my gap year.

I love Italian culture: The country is beautiful, and the art, music, fashion, people, classical civilisation, architecture, need I go on :smile:

What are you doing to learn?
Reply 249
Original post by ShiphDeef:)
Yes, complete beginner. I don't know anyone who speaks Italian :smile:

I think I'm going to start going to Italian classes after school.

I can talk to French people in French already, albeit not very well.

I would LOVE to be fluent in both French and Italian.

My aim is to be fluent in both by the time I'm 18. Then I can live in France & Italy during my gap year.

I love Italian culture: The country is beautiful, and the art, music, fashion, people, classical civilisation, architecture, need I go on :smile:

What are you doing to learn?

wow! good luck! :smile:

I'll probably use online resources when I have spare time.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by monicaa
wow! good luck! :smile:

I'll probably use online resources when I have spare time. And my Mum is Italian, so i'll probably ask her random words :tongue:

your mum is Italian and you don't speak Italian? That's really sad. If I ever have kids in the UK, my main priority will be to teach them my language.
The language I wanna learn the most is Greek? Does anybody have experience in learning Greek on their own, not with a teacher? Is it very hard?
I already can read Greek alphabet pretty well but I only know like 15 words. :frown:

I've been learning Spanish on my own for about 3 years and I can already speak quite well, I think. :smile:

Good luck with languages for everyone!
Reply 252
Im learning japanese but i seem to be making slow progress. Ive never learned a language before so i dont know how long it takes.
Reply 253
Original post by HotfireLegend

Original post by HotfireLegend
Since I enjoy Japanese, I've been learning it. The romaji part is very easy, though I think that'll all change when I come on to do hiragana/kanji!

Watashi wa HotfireLegend desu ^.^

Hajimema****e

Ash4689 desu

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu
Original post by Ash4689
Hajimema****e

Ash4689 desu

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu

That's why I didn't say that! xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending