The Student Room Group

Girl I really like is off travelling

So there's a girl I like from work, known her since March and we've always got along really really well - strangely well.

Anyway, since then, we've become close friends and then I developed feelings for her around the summer but never told her. These sort of died away in September and we continued being friends.

However during the last month I've fallen for her like no other girl, to the extent I just want to be with her :s-smilie: and to sort of "reinforce" this, absolutely everyone at work says we look so good together and "why aren't we together"? all the time.

I had been planning on asking her out properly and seeing what happens when I next see her at work this weekend, but today she said she's off travelling for 6 months, leaving in March.

I don't really know what to do. March is still a long(ish) way off, but if in the best case scenario we hit it off and get together, its going to be looming over both of us she is going to be leaving the country for a significant amount of time and ultimately, we are going to break up?
Should I tell her? How should I tell her? Considering I was going to ask her out anyway this weekend, I think I should continue to do so and then just let things take their course?

Anyone had this similar happen to them?
Reply 1
Tell me where she's going and I'll tell you what you need to worry about :holmes:
Reply 2
Realistically, you should really bite the lip and leave it, obviously plenty more fish in the sea as they say?

But then again if it were me I'd tell her, then see what happens. Could end up in a variety of ways, good or bad. If it were bad, could ruin your friendship or you could be together until March and then she buggers off. However, the good could result in her postponing, you joining or her going travelling wouldn't be so bad as you could find ways to work. Skype, go see her for a month or two if you cant afford six months.

Just tell her, definitely is what I would do.
Reply 3
Just tell her!

Otherwise she'll go off travelling and you'll be back home kicking yourself that you never did.
Reply 4
You don't want to be waiting 6 months for her to get back, do you?

Tell her so she can make a decision.
Reply 5
I've been in a similar situation before.

My friend intoduced me a few years ago to a girl who I hit it off with straight away, I think we both knew we liked each other and everybody else seemed to know it too.

I didn't ask her out because she was travelling to the States from June to September.

I held off on asking her out back then because of her travelling, when she got back I decided to wait a few weeks to let her get settled back.

I guess she figured this meant I wasn't interested anymore because it turned out she started going out with another guy not.

I can offer you points of view from 2 perspectives, if you don't ask her out now, you're mind will be going crazy for the time she's away. If you do ask her out you're also gonna go mad with missing her when she's away. (I missed this girl so much, and it almost ruined my entire summer despite the fact I hardly knew her, so imagine it would be ten times worse if she was your girlfriend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending