The Student Room Group

Hugging every person u meet in clubs?

Right so I enjoy going to clubs, but I'm a bit reserved. I've never understood how to greet people, and whether ur supposed to hug every person u know? Like for example acquaintances from my course that I have just briefly met or ones that I only speak to when necessary(albeit they're not bad)...surely simply saying hey u alright? would be a bit awkward....but its like hugging them when I dont know them that well feels weird :s-smilie:

Also this may sound stupid, but would it be rude if I passed by people, who I only make small talk with standing in a small group, without saying anything? The thing is I wouldnt have much to speak to them anyway, and unless I can just smile at them from far or something, I would be practically ignoring them. U cant really speak in a club so I dont know how to just say talk for a bit and walk away, like in normal life!
Reply 1
For me: handshake. Whether the opposite person goes for a handshake, too; whether they go in for a full hug; whether they lean in for a double kiss on the cheek; whether they initiate a full on tribal greeting ritual -- I don't care: they get a handshake.

Friends get hugs.
I only hug people I know and am relatively close to. Else, handshake.
I hug strangers sometimes.....but usually strangers hug me in clubs ;-)
I find hugging people I'm not really close to incredibly awkward. I don't want people I don't know touching me... :tongue:
smile at them, if they smile back maybe even say hi.

i hug people when very drunk, doesn't matter how well i know them, if i've had a conversation with them then i will hug them in greeting in a club. but people don't seem to mind, and they like feeling popular, and if they do mind, i just pass it off as being drunk.
In a club (especially a student night), people are likely to be drunk, and therefore hugs are more common.

If someone sees me for example on my course but only says a few words to me during the day, a hug is strangely likely if I were to see them on a night out.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
haha I don't have to be drunk. I hug absolutely everyone...but when I'm drunk I get to have that excuse to unleash my full weirdness at them :redface: :tongue:
Original post by Lucia.
haha I don't have to be drunk. I hug absolutely everyone...but when I'm drunk I get to have that excuse to unleash my full weirdness at them :redface: :tongue:

Do no guys' hands 'accidentally' slip on to your backside when you hug them? :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
hugs for everyone!!! who doesnt like a hug? so everyone should get one :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by gingerben
hugs for everyone!!! who doesnt like a hug? so everyone should get one :biggrin:

This is part of my philosophy of life (see spoiler in my sig). Hug right back at you, m'dear :biggrin:

Also apparently everyone needs 3 hugs a day to feel happy and healthy.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Lucia.
This is part of my philosophy of life (see spoiler in my sig). Hug right back at you, m'dear :biggrin:

see hugs are lovely =]
i always thought it was 5 aday keeps the doctor away :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by Lucia.

Original post by gingerben
see hugs are lovely =]
i always thought it was 5 aday keeps the doctor away :biggrin:

Also how exactly are u supposed to greet female friends? I normally jus smile and say hi to them and hug them when I'm leaving...although I see people often even greet by hugging, so I'm confused?

Over analysing, but good to get it off my chest! :biggrin:
Reply 13
female mates i hug with a greeting the same as everyone else =]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending