The Student Room Group

BTEC are Crap and Yet A level Students are CHEATS?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by ComputerTune
:rolleyes: O look it seems that A level students aint as smart as they had first thought. They are cheats and always will be, BTECs are gaining ground on these so called A level students. Now it is our time to look down on you cheats:angry::angry::angry:

i cba to look at grammar feel free to make any remarks, just think i might have done it on purpose :wink:

most of these articles are about GCSEs, and the main exam board in question - edexcel - does BTECs too.
Reply 101
Original post by inksplodge
one day you will realise qualifications mean very little in life

I agree completely.
Reply 102
hmm, im a BTEC Student coming out with a D* D D at Level 3 in travel and tourism, well hopefully anyway.

Now someone posted here before about less 'academic' people doing BTEC, which I do agree with in some cases, HOWEVER, i did in fact, get the grades to do A Level, and so did many other of my friends, however we all know what industry we want to go in, which is like a guy i know, he wants to be an engineer and he was the most academic in my whole year. I can agree that some people do prefer the route of 'A Level' and i have heard its harder, who cares? - if it gets you what you want to do, A Level or BTEC then let them do it, its a qualification for gods sake regardless of what they want to do with it.
I've done both BTEC and A level.

There are aspects of the BTEC which angered me. For example, the persistent ass kissing from the 'distinction' students drove me up the wall. Also, the GLHs are a drastic over exaggeration. Most days were spent playing flash games (that damn copter game!) and listening to music.

I had to get out.

Anyone with academic aspirations is best suited to A levels.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 104
Original post by FinalMH
i know the feeling, and have you lost your mind? A levels are easy compare to 10 years ago.

lOST MY MIND, HAVE U EVEN DONE A LEVELS, My teacherS said A levels were harder than a degree NOT ME. Im doing five A levels btw and trust me u really cant be comparing it to BTEC looooool y r u so insistant on downgrading A levels, is it becuz u couldnt hack it when u were in college looool
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by trrr
lOST MY MIND, HAVE U EVEN DONE A LEVELS, My teacherS said A levels were harder than a degree NOT ME. Im doing five A levels btw and trust me u really cant be comparing it to BTEC.

A levels are not harder than degrees, you teacher was wrong.
Reply 106
BTEC students are retards who ought to be doing an apprenticeship, washing up, sweeping floors etc, but if you had your facts correct, you would know that certain exam boards "cheated" to try and gain a commercial advantage. Not A level students. So **** off. Fool.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 107
Original post by Emaemmaemily
A levels are not harder than degrees, you teacher was wrong.

tbh it depends on the subject but im really just trying to make a point.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by trrr

No it doesn't depend on the subject. There's a reason one comes before the other, and you need one to be accepted on to the other.
No A level is harder than a degree, seriously.
Reply 109
Can I just say I got 9 As, 1 A* and 1 B at GCSE and did a BTEC. Yes because all people who do BTEC's do it because they can't do A Levels....

and I just had an interview for York university.
Reply 110
Original post by Emaemmaemily
No it doesn't depend on the subject. There's a reason one comes before the other, and you need one to be accepted on to the other.
No A level is harder than a degree, seriously.

Fair point, I havent been to university so I wouldnt know , im just goin by my what one of my teachers said which is that If im able to get though A levels then getting a degree wont be as stressful. Im not looking down on people who are doing BTEC frankly most of my friends do BTEC anyway, im just saying that A levels are harder than BTEC something that some people here are not accepting for some reason or another.
Reply 111
I got DDD in a BTEC National Diploma in Forensic Science. Now i'm studying law at Surrey Uni (Not exactly best for law but its joint 19th overall with Nottingham in the guardians uni list) and I've gotta say, I'm struggling just as much as everyone else who did A levels. So yeah, when it comes down to it (Especially for law) it doesn't matter what background you came from.
Reply 112
Original post by trrr
lOST MY MIND, HAVE U EVEN DONE A LEVELS, My teacherS said A levels were harder than a degree NOT ME. Im doing five A levels btw and trust me u really cant be comparing it to BTEC looooool y r u so insistant on downgrading A levels, is it becuz u couldnt hack it when u were in college looool

I'm sorry i thought you were mentioning it because you agree with him, if you don't agree with it i don't understand the relevance it has with this argument? lol

Excuse me? i'm not downgrading them i'm just looking at every option. Its true that A levels are easier compared to 10 years ago. I agree that if you want to go to top university such as Oxford or Cambridge then the best route would be a levels.

What you fail to understand is that both require a different skill set. I had the required grades to go to A levels but i didn't see the point because i want to study something i will enjoy and will be continue on with this career for the rest of my life.

What i don't understand is how you think you are better than me just cause you took A levels.

Can you also stop this patronizing or stop quoting me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 113
Original post by trrr

Are you saying that a student who did a media degree is not as smart as a student who got an A in maths?
Reply 114
Original post by FinalMH
Are you saying that a student who did a media degree is not as smart as a student who got an A in maths?

Depends on your defenition of 'smart'.
Original post by Kenny_uk
I considered doing law, where a couple of places said they'd consider me if I achieved DDD (which I did) but yeah, I will agree that medicine, chemistry etc require A levels because they cover multiple subjects.

exactly. It's a myth that the only path to university is A-levels but if you wanted to study a subject like chemistry obviously A-levels is going to cover the relevant topics.
Reply 116
Original post by FinalMH
I'm sorry i thought you were mentioning it because you agree with him, if you don't agree with it i don't understand the relevance it has with this argument? lol

Excuse me? i'm not downgrading them i'm just looking at every option. Its true that A levels are easier compared to 10 years ago. I agree that if you want to go to top university such as Oxford or Cambridge then the best route would be a levels.

What you fail to understand is that both require a different skill set. I had the required grades to go to A levels but i didn't see the point because i want to study something i will enjoy and will be continue on with this career for the rest of my life.

What i don't understand is how you think you are better than me just cause you took A levels.

Can you also stop this patronizing or stop quoting me.

LOOOOOL what u dont understand is that im not saying im better than BTEC students blah blah blah who cares im just saying A levels are harder than Btec dats all. I know people who did well with Btec and have gone on to do their masters. Like i said before BTEC and A levels have nothing to do with having a good IQ, having a good IQ is having the ability to make the right decisions. U decided to choose BTEC instead of A levels fair enough, if this gets u to where u want to go in life. Im not looking down on anybody doing BTEC or anything dammit stop taking things so seriously dude :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 117
Original post by FinalMH

ND no i was merely pointing to the fact that maybe some subjects in A levels might be less difficult in a degree, but to be honest Im not in Uni yet so i wouldnt no. Look in the end of the day a qualification is a qualification it dosent matter what path u take.
hehe manipulating A level students is so easy :P
Reply 119
Um I think that both a level and btec students work just as hard and get grades they deserve...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending