The Student Room Group

What do you make of this? Opinions please!

So, since the middle of October really I have been seeing someone, and as of Saturday night it became 'official' so to speak. From when I met him, to actually making it official I never done anything with anyone else, or took an interest in anyone else. If he done the same or not I can't say, but we weren't technically a couple.

Last weekend (not the one just past, but the one before) I seen him on the Friday night and then stayed in a hotel with him on the Saturday - Sunday (work committments for him). He told me that the Wednesday prior to that he had been out with his workmates and there was this girl trying to get into him, but he refused because he wanted to be with me. Then on the Saturday she kept pestering him to go to this party with her etc. His phone died, but beforehand he never replied to her and when he charged it he never replied either.
I asked why the girl was all flirty and he said it was because she liked him, but he had no interest in her - hence why he asked to see me on the Saturday and stayed with me, instead of seeing her. Fair enough I thought.

The week following he was away with work, so didn't have the chance to see anyone.

Fast forward to Saturday just passed and I was at his house with some friends of his when he got a text from said girl. Only it was her sister, from her phone. Basically the text said that he had been playing this girl etc. and the sister was annoyed. That night he asked me out, things were nice etc. However, the next day he dectivates his facebook and the girl posted on twitter that she got her boy back (I came across her twitter accidently through general boredom).

I will admit I do have trust issues with guys for various reasons and I do find it so hard to let anyone in. It's the whole case of getting back on the horse once you've fallen off, but I'm too scared to do so in case I fall again. He is the first guy I've liked in about a year and I won't want to subconciously ruin things by being paranoid if I don't have to be.
It just seems to be that before I can reasonably and rationally think about something, the paranoid part already jumps to a conclusion and currently that one is that he is playing us both. However, the reasonable part says that if he wanted to be with her, he would of seen her last weekend and not me, he wouldn't be getting abusive texts from her sister and wouldn't of asked me out. It's just this inner conflict between rational and crazy that's battling away inside my head, and since the paranoid thought has been there longer it's not so easy to sweep aside.

So I thought, as you do, to consult the wise world of TSR and seek third party advice based on just these facts. What would you say is going on? Coincidence? He is only with me? She's crazy? I'm crazy? We're both being played?

Go.
I'd maybe back off a bit so that you can gain some perspective.

There are a few reg flags here that shouldn't be ignored but I'm not there and I don't know all of you so it's hard to say "Yeah! He's an ass!" but i'd try to maintain a bit of distance and keep your eyes and ears open.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending