The Student Room Group

Medicine 2012 hopeful entrants II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by ViceVersa
Yes it is :sadnod:

I always thought they exaggerated when they said that UCAS cycle is entirely depressing, and lots of tears. Its too long a wait.
Original post by apple17

Original post by apple17
I always thought they exaggerated when they said that UCAS cycle is entirely depressing, and lots of tears. Its too long a wait.

I know :zomg:

Subscriber now eh? :wink:
Original post by Normandy114

Subscriber now eh? :wink:

:hide: Is it that obvious?

:laugh: A friend gave me 4 quid for subscription so.. :h:
(edited 12 years ago)

Just a tad bit.
Reply 185

:laugh: A friend gave me 4 quid for subscription so.. :h:

You SUBSCRIBEDDDD!!!! Nice pink usertitle. Kinda suits you :yy:

:woo:
Reply 186

Meh, just hoping for the best outcome and especially getting the grades at the moment. Biology has become a nightmare for me. By the way, any tips on speaking slower, I had my mock and spoke too fast.:colondollar:
How did u get the punk username btw? :eek:
Reply 187
Original post by Besakt
Record yourself and play it back, calm yourself down, people talk faster when they are nervous.

Original post by hslakaal
I mentally tell myself to talk really slow, to the point where I feel like it's slow-mo. Feels scary, but then when u record it and play it, it sounds much better (i.e. it isn't as slow as expected in head)

Original post by Quackers93
Remember to breathe! I know that sounds like a really stupid suggestion but I used to talk really really fast and it was because I rushed everything into one breath. As soon as I started breathing properly it really helped :smile:

Just focus on talking slower, not much of a trick to it :wink:

Thanks a lot guys.
Going to learn some calming breathing techniques, remember to breathe and record myself. Have a good winter break. (not sure if u all celebrate x-mas). :smile:
Reply 188
Original post by apple17
Meh, just hoping for the best outcome and especially getting the grades at the moment. Biology has become a nightmare for me. By the way, any tips on speaking slower, I had my mock and spoke too fast.:colondollar:

She subscribed :yep:
:sub: :awesome:
Reply 190
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
:sub: :awesome:

Pff.. You're not even paying for your sub :colondollar:
Original post by Vulpes
Pff.. You're not even paying for your sub :colondollar:

I work for it :colone:

Besides.. being a mod has to have some perks :ninja:
Reply 192
Original post by Vulpes
She subscribed :yep:

:colondollar:
oh does it cost money?
Reply 193
Original post by apple17
oh does it cost money?

Yep. Here is the link for more information: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Subscribing_to_TSR
Original post by apple17
oh does it cost money?

If you pay by paypal then it's £3.99 for the initial month, then £2.99 a month thereafter until you decide to quit your sub and go back to being a normal user :smile:

You can also pay by 'credits', where it's the same price, except 1p=1credit and you can earn credits by submitting your coursework/essays to TSRs sister site, coursework.info
We also used to pay PS Helpers in credits, though that's pretty much stopped now as we get paid in amazon vouchers :awesome:

I sound like a salesman :lol:

To counter that I should say that TSR earns less from subs than it does if you are just a free user, you just get the benefits of being a sub including that uber-secret backroom which is low-moderation and, quite frankly, dangerous at times :afraid:
Original post by Vulpes
You SUBSCRIBEDDDD!!!! Nice pink usertitle. Kinda suits you :yy:

:woo:

Original post by apple17

Same. I'm just trying to get the grades at the moment :yep:

Biology has become a nightmare for me too sighs :frown: Tip: record yourself speaking and play it back, that way you can see how fast you're speaking and make changes from there :biggrin:

I paid 4 pounds a friend gave me (for christmas can you believe!) for subscription, which allows you to change username colour :h:

EDIT: Everyone else has pretty much answered your questions and given you the same tips :sigh:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 196
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
To counter that I should say that TSR earns less from subs than it does if you are just a free user, you just get the benefits of being a sub including that uber-secret backroom which is low-moderation and, quite frankly, dangerous at times :afraid:

puts me in mind of in movies when people go down a dingy alley through some horrible door into a gambling den/dog fighting ring/brothel/other fine establishment.

makes me want pay to take a wee peek :tongue:
Original post by kingme
puts me in mind of in movies when people go down a dingy alley through some horrible door into a gambling den/dog fighting ring/brothel/other fine establishment.

I definitely wouldn't put that past some/most of the subs that post in the backroom :lol:
Reply 198

Same. I'm just trying to get the grades at the moment :yep:

Biology has become a nightmare for me too sighs :frown: Tip: record yourself speaking and play it back, that way you can see how fast you're speaking and make changes from there :biggrin:

I paid 4 pounds a friend gave me (for christmas can you believe!) for subscription, which allows you to change username colour :h:

EDIT: Everyone else has pretty much answered your questions and given you the same tips :sigh:

Just ignore me on whatsapp yea? :frown:
Original post by kingme

Original post by kingme

Pfft. The backroom confuses me :K:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending