The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife
Thank You.

Also, is oral sex allowed or is it haram?

urm...unsure. Anal is a definite no no. Oral may be seen as discouraged (issues with the ejaculate/possible demoralising feeling of the woman). I think the general view may be that it is makrooh.

The following link should be useful inshaAllah:
http://www.fatwa.org.za/documents/sex/Oral%20Sex%20fatwa.htm
Original post by Iqbal007
loooooool bit young aren't we?

Different views.... some allow it as its considered part of foreplay.......others say ok with conditions, stuff to do with fluids, etc.
Others says not allowed or should be avoided.

Lol went on a biology trip and had no answers when people asked whether this was allowed in Islam =p

Original post by ash92:)
urm...unsure. Anal is a definite no no. Oral may be seen as discouraged (issues with the ejaculate/possible demoralising feeling of the woman). I think the general view may be that it is makrooh.

The following link should be useful inshaAllah:
http://www.fatwa.org.za/documents/sex/Oral%20Sex%20fatwa.htm

Thanks again
Lol went on a biology trip and had no answers when people asked whether this was allowed in Islam =p

Thanks again

No prob, barakAllahu feek

Posted from TSR Mobile
What would you say to those who say Islam (as well as other religions) is going against our basic biology i.e. to procreate? Many young Muslims are passing by their 20s and the peaks of their fertility simply because they can't get married and by the time they get married their fertility level are not as high leaving them with a few opportunities to procreate successfully or worse.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Prokaryotic_crap
What would you say to those who say Islam (as well as other religions) is going against our basic biology i.e. to procreate? Many young Muslims are passing by their 20s and the peaks of their fertility because they can't get married and by the time they get married their fertility level are not as high leaving them with a few opportunities to procreate successfully or worse.

At the end of the day its their choice.........marriage only becomes a must for a Muslim when their desires are getting out of hand and causing fitna. Other then that they can get married later or not at all, even though its still very very important in Islam that you should ideally get married as its half your deen and the importance of having a family.
You shouldn't pressure people into things such as that....... personally don't think there's fertility issues to be honest, nothing to be worried about in the 20's or early 30's I would say.
Original post by Prokaryotic_crap
What would you say to those who say Islam (as well as other religions) is going against our basic biology i.e. to procreate? Many young Muslims are passing by their 20s and the peaks of their fertility simply because they can't get married and by the time they get married their fertility level are not as high leaving them with a few opportunities to procreate successfully or worse.

Islam doesn't go against 'our basic biology'.

Why can they not get married? Did Islam state that a man cannot marry under the age of 20? Rather it would be encouraged to marry before the desires of lust and fornication arose.

Tl;Dr It seems someone has played you a strawman argument :tongue:
Islam doesn't say this. It is purely a social/cultural/personal issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A question from me :biggrin:

What are the formal views (ijma) of the exact age of A'isha رضي الله عنها at the time of her marriage? The matter has great significance to the transmission of the ahadeeth by Hisham ibn Urwah (apparently the only transmitter of them), but was the transmission when he was in Kufa, suffering from memory loss? I saw someone post the following link, which is less vague than others I have seen in that it gives references http://muslimsanswerback1.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/ayeshas-age-of-marriage-to-prophet.html

Of course, the marriage was no doubt legitimate, but I just wonder for factual reasons what the exact age was by view of the scholars. References would be appreciated.
(edited 11 years ago)
Since it is the case that a Muslim man according to Islamic law can marrying someone from Ahal Al-Kitab it is mubah(permissible) to marry a woman who converted to Reform/Conservative/Liberal Judaism seeing as that such gerutdone by these movements are considered to be pasual(invalid) according to Orthodox Judaism the women will not be considered to be a Yahudi therefore can Nikah be done with such a woman??
Original post by Matthew12
Since it is the case that a Muslim man according to Islamic law can marrying someone from Ahal Al-Kitab it is mubah(permissible) to marry a woman who converted to Reform/Conservative/Liberal Judaism seeing as that such gerutdone by these movements are considered to be pasual(invalid) according to Orthodox Judaism the women will not be considered to be a Yahudi therefore can Nikah be done with such a woman??

I'm not sure, but for anyone that feels able to answer the question, could you please clarify the following:

what was her religion before the conversion?
Has she converted to Judaism?
I'm not sure, but for anyone that feels able to answer the question, could you please clarify the following:

what was her religion before the conversion?
Has she converted to Judaism?

well any religion
well she has but a form of Judaism that is not considered valid according to Orthodox Judaism
well any religion
well she has but a form of Judaism that is not considered valid according to Orthodox Judaism

With regards to the sect of Judaism, I'd assume the essential criteria are that she must believe in God and his revelation through one of His prophets, and not commit shirk. But as I said, I'm hoping someone else will give you more informed answer than myself.
With regards to the sect of Judaism, I'd assume the essential criteria are that she must believe in God and his revelation through one of His prophets, and not commit shirk. But as I said, I'm hoping someone else will give you more informed answer than myself.

The issue is with this Reform Judaism to my best of my understanding does not believe the Tawart given to Musa as KalimatAllah as in Orthodox Judaism which believes it to be so
The issue is with this Reform Judaism to my best of my understanding does not believe the Tawart given to Musa as KalimatAllah as in Orthodox Judaism which believes it to be so

In which case I would assume that it is not classified as Ahlul kitab. But of course, one should seek an opinion from an 'alim, more so that of a mufti.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would accompanying a friend, who is going to drink, in a bar/pub be haram?
Would buying a non-Muslim friend haram meat e.g. like bacon, be haram?

Thanks.

Thanks.

I believe the 1st one issue, is that you shouldn't be eating, etc on a table where alcohol is sitting.......or go to places which are primarily selling haraam stuff. If its like a restaurant for food but they serve alcohol is a different matter..........though very very very strict views are like no no to everything.

Yeah its not right, its like buying alcohol for them, as your helping others to do things which would be haraam for you.
A question from me :biggrin:

What are the formal views (ijma) of the exact age of A'isha رضي الله عنها at the time of her marriage? The matter has great significance to the transmission of the ahadeeth by Hisham ibn Urwah (apparently the only transmitter of them), but was the transmission when he was in Kufa, suffering from memory loss? I saw someone post the following link, which is less vague than others I have seen in that it gives references http://muslimsanswerback1.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/ayeshas-age-of-marriage-to-prophet.html

Of course, the marriage was no doubt legitimate, but I just wonder for factual reasons what the exact age was by view of the scholars. References would be appreciated.

Speaking in general, it's quite amazing how the great Muhaditheen in our 1400+ year history, who had memorized millions of hadith, with their celebrated analytical and critical thinking abilities in differentiating the authentic from the unauthentic, that not one of them was able to find out this "mathematical" inconsistency with Aisha's(رضّى الله عنها) age....

Here's a refutation to all (if not most) of those false claims in the link. Let me know if its missed an argument out.

I'd also recommend you watch this;

[video="youtube;hE_zypf8DAU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE_zypf8DAU[/video]

It's just modernists being intellectually dishonest, a trait shared with Islamophobes.

أهل السنة يستدلون ثم يعتقدون و أهل البدعة يعتقدون ثم يستدلون
Ahlus Sunnah deduce through evidence and then believe, while Ahlul Bid'ah believe and then deduce by evidence.

Doesn't sound like Ahlul Kitab, but when it comes to something like this, the only person you should ask/accept an answer from is a scholar.

Keep in mind that the person also needs to be muhsan (chaste), which also includes her moral character.

Thanks.

Abu Dawood (3674) and Ibn Maajah (3380) narrated that Ibn ‘Umar said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah has cursed alcohol, the one who drinks it, the one who pours it, the one who sells it, the one who buys it, the one who squeezes (the grapes etc), the one for whom it is squeezed, the one who carries it and the one to whom it is carried.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Read this.

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Al-Mudaari
Speaking in general, it's quite amazing how the great Muhaditheen in our 1400+ year history, who had memorized millions of hadith, with their celebrated analytical and critical thinking abilities in differentiating the authentic from the unauthentic, that not one of them was able to find out this "mathematical" inconsistency with Aisha's(رضّى الله عنها) age....

Here's a refutation to all (if not most) of those false claims in the link. Let me know if its missed an argument out.

I'd also recommend you watch this;

[video="youtube;hE_zypf8DAU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE_zypf8DAU[/video]

It's just modernists being intellectually dishonest, a trait shared with Islamophobes.

jazakAllahu khairan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1597
Hey guys! :smile:

I would like to ask a question: does watching tv 'break' your wudhu? I have heard mixed opinions on this matter as the tv wasn't invented in the prophets(PBUH) time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J0j012
Hey guys! :smile:

I would like to ask a question: does watching tv 'break' your wudhu? I have heard mixed opinions on this matter as the tv wasn't invented in the prophets(PBUH) time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Assalaamu 'alaykum (Peace be upon you)

http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=1491&CATE=3

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I would like to ask, as a muslim, why Al-Bukhari is seen as the most authentic?

I accept hadiths, but there are many schools of thought in Islam who say, only the Quran is the unproven uncorrupted word of God, and hadiths- while important, should be taken one by one.

For instance, in Al-Bukhari, one of the people who commented the most was Abu Huraira, but here are some interesting points:

1. Is is well Established that Abu Huraira only met Muhammed pbuh for three years of his life - and he has narrated a lot more hadiths than the other Thahaba of Muhammed pbuh who lived with him far longer - Ummar Al Khattab, Abu Bakkar, who were with the holy prophet for way longer.

2. He admits making up hadith , and people question him when he relays hadith.

Abu Hurayra said once, “The Prophet said, `The best charity is willingly given; the higher hand is better than the lower one, and start with your own dependents. A woman says: `Either feed me or divorce me.' A slave says, `Feed me and use me.' A son says, `Feed me for the woman who will forsake me.'” He was asked, “O Abu Hurayra! Did you really hear the Messenger of Allah say so?” He said, “No, this one is from Abu Hurayra's pouch.

Al-Bukhari, Sahih, Vol. 6, p. 190, in a chapter dealing with spending on the wife and children.

3. He admits hiding hadiths because his life will be in danger - perhaps the ruling parties then did not want him to reveal some of the hadiths.

“I learned the fill of two receptacles [of ahadith] from the Messenger of Allah: I have disseminated only one of them; as for the other, if I disseminate it, this throat will be slit.”

Al-Bukhari, Sahih, Vol. 1, p. 38, in a chapter dealing with learning.

Imam Abu Hanifa said, 'The companions of the Prophet were generally pious and just. I accept every hadith with evidence narrated by them, but I do not accept the hadith whose source is Abu Huraira, Anas ibn Malik, or Samra ibn Jundab.- commentary on Muslim's Sahih, Volume IV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samra_ibn_Jundab

Latest

Trending

Trending