The Student Room Group

C3 Jan 12 Edexcel - Past Papers, Model answers, tips

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Sailingslipelick
The 12 is for the year: 2012. :^_^:

Whoops, that's embarrassing :colondollar:

Maybe we could have both in the thread title to make it clearer?
Original post by anuradha_d
Do you think this paper will be substantially harder because of Ofqual?

This is what I'm worried about. 2006-2010 C3 people, count yourselves lucky :/
Reply 22
Original post by anuradha_d
Do you think this paper will be substantially harder because of Ofqual?

If so, the grade boundaries will hopefully be lower :crossedf:
Done some past papers, got some A's and B's but on 3 papers (June 09, 10, 11) I've got D's... mysterious... :holmes:
Original post by psychojonas
Done some past papers, got some A's and B's but on 3 papers (June 09, 10, 11) I've got D's... mysterious... :holmes:

June 10 was pretty challenging esp. the second last question about height of water or time or something like that
Reply 25
Need to get an A in this paper. I seem to be getting B's in past papers even though I feel like I know most of the material.

Anyone got any tips for the actual exam in Jan, any gut feelings about questions that may come up?

Good luck with revision/the exam everyone :smile:
Reply 26
Whats books/revision guides would you recommend?
Original post by Jack842
Need to get an A in this paper. I seem to be getting B's in past papers even though I feel like I know most of the material.

Anyone got any tips for the actual exam in Jan, any gut feelings about questions that may come up?

Good luck with revision/the exam everyone :smile:

Mate, there are 8 chapters in the book, and there are 8/9 questions in the exam, they will ALL come up, but i think you will see more differentiation :sigh:
Original post by This Honest
Mate, there are 8 chapters in the book, and there are 8/9 questions in the exam, they will ALL come up, but i think you will see more differentiation :sigh:

You kidding man? I love differentiation! Some of the past papers there were 3 differentiation questions/parts of a question, and if it requires the quotient rule that's an easy 15-18 marks! :biggrin:
http://www.sci2.co.uk/papers/c3edexcel.htm

Great site for past papers and mark schemes.
June 10 was pretty challenging esp. the second last question about height of water or time or something like that

I actually got that right when I did the paper, ended up with 73/75.

I've done all the current spec papers including June 11, so I decided to try some old spec. I came across a P2 paper that had a question layed out in the exact same style as that Heights of sea water.

Have a look, download the pdf from here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=172159
Original post by Jukeboxing
I actually got that right when I did the paper, ended up with 73/75.

I've done all the current spec papers including June 11, so I decided to try some old spec. I came across a P2 paper that had a question layed out in the exact same style as that Heights of sea water.

Have a look, download the pdf from here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=172159

:eek:

you got it right, in exam conditions :congrats:

I got it right too after 30 mins :sigh: :lol:

thanks, i'll check it out

EDIT: the exact same style and layout :lol: thanks dude
+1 plus i'll check out those P2 papers :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
:eek:

you got it right, in exam conditions :congrats:

I got it right too after 30 mins :sigh: :lol:

thanks, i'll check it out

EDIT: the exact same style and layout :lol: thanks dude
+1 plus i'll check out those P2 papers :wink:

I'm hoping this exam will be slightly difficult, i seem to make less silly mistakes in the difficult papers than i do on the easier ones.
Original post by Jukeboxing
I'm hoping this exam will be slightly difficult, i seem to make less silly mistakes in the difficult papers than i do on the easier ones.

i don't mind how difficult it is, i just don't wanna see a 5 marker that i can't do :cry:
Damn it!!! Why must I make silly mistakes? :sad:
Original post by NutterFrutter
Damn it!!! Why must I make silly mistakes? :sad:

Honestly, I always end up making stupid mistakes, in all three AS exams I made stupid mistakes. In M1 for example I ended up with 79/100 and could have probably done better if I had made a stupid mistake on such an easy questions worth 9 marks if I remember correctly. When I reliased after the exam I was gutted :angry:
Original post by Charlesworth
Honestly, I always end up making stupid mistakes, in all three AS exams I made stupid mistakes. In M1 for example I ended up with 79/100 and could have probably done better if I had made a stupid mistake on such an easy questions worth 9 marks if I remember correctly. When I reliased after the exam I was gutted :angry:

in my m1 exam i did 8/4 = 1/2.
Reply 37
Lol I hate it when you been stuck on a question for ages battering every equation possible at it, then you look at the mark scheme and all that is required is some simple factorization of Cot,Cosec or Sec... DAMN. I noticed a few people are doing all the review questions? Do you think it will be worth it?
Does anyone have the mark schemes for P2 maths exams from 2001 and onwards

One needs a challenge :colone:
trig questions kill mee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending