The Student Room Group

Favourite hangover foods

So, I went out last night and got completely bladdered, as you do. Naturally today I woke up, mouth like the sahara, head about to explode from brain swelling, stomach churning, barely able to sit upright without vomiting. Standard affair, I always get brutal hangovers.

I've nowhere to go til tonight (pub, for the cure) so I've been munching in a vain attempt to feel better, I'm really craving a kfc bucket with loads of gravy and coleslaw. KFC is 2 busrides away and I've no change for the bus.
I've gotta make do with bread and butter til dinner time seeing as I just get moaned at for eating all the food, a big downside to staying with the folks I guess :biggrin:

I'm just curious what everyone elses go to hangover food is?
Any kind of greasy takeout, custard slices, pork pies with loads of jelly, pasties, digestive biscuits, chicken and stuffing sandwiches, blue cheese, steak.

Scroll to see replies

Bacon. That is all.
Cheeseburger ^_^
KFC, always.

There's something seriously wrong with whoever negged this! :O
(edited 12 years ago)
I normally can only stomach water, and after that a nice piece of white bread toast with butter. YUMMEH :ahee:
Reply 5
When I'm slightly hungover, I head straight to subway or mcdonalds.

When I'm reallly hungover I feel so sick all day and can't stomach anything until around dinner time. Then I ease myself back into health with tinned spaghetti...
Reply 6
Cheese on toast. yum.
Fresh fruit, yo.
Shop bought breakfast sandwiches...
Bacon roll and a can of irn bru :smile:
Reply 10
Coke.
Or lemonade.

Rehydrates you and sugars you up. Lovely.
Reply 11
Orange juice and if can afford it, fruit smoothie. So much better than water!
I have water until I'm absolutely starving. I don't usually risk eating before then, or I'm likely to throw it all back up.

Then I have a roll, usually some kind of a relatively plain roll like ham and cheese. Very little fillings and preferably quite bland things. Crisps are a saviour when you're hungover. Anything salty and fatty helps too
Original post by Doughnut
Orange juice and if can afford it, fruit smoothie. So much better than water!

Orange juice is probably one of the worst things for you to have when you're hungover. Your stomach is already ****ed and you go and add allllll that extra acidity. What is typically seen as 'healthy' is not so when you're hungover, apparently. But anything acidic is supposed to be very bad for your stomach.
(edited 12 years ago)
White bread toast and sweet tea. I hate hangovers :dry:
Depends how hungover. If its very very hungover, then I live on water until I can stomach some dry plain toast :p:

If it's just a mild one, then usually a full english or a bacon sandwich, though once I ate an entire pizza for breakfast...
One of my friends loves cheesy mash.
Reply 16
McDonalds chocolate milkshake :biggrin:
Reply 17
I have a friend who swears by bananas and cheese for a hangover, not necessarily at the same time mind you. For me it has to be bacon (preferably in a sandwich - side of eggs, beans and hashbrowns optional), or a Tesco's chicken and sweetcorn sammich and a bottle of powerade. Yum.
When I usually go out, there is a subway which stays open til 4.30am on a Saturday so we usually toddle down there to get a footlong. We eat half there and then eat the rest when we wake up. Perfect.

Also, if there is cookies I usually spin the line that they will be off tomorrow gimme two for a pound or 3.....
Has to be something hot, full english, mcdonalds, kfc, reheated pizza. cup of tea/coffee to go with.

Perfect

Quick Reply

Latest