The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Places to chill at Guy’s Campus

Hi,
Where’s best to chill at Guy’s Campus? And any recommendations for good places to get lunches from?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi,
Where’s best to chill at Guy’s Campus? And any recommendations for good places to get lunches from?

If you mean on campus, the classrooms in the Hodgkin basement are usually empty. I used to spend a lot of time there with my friends. Honestly not many places to eat because Guy's campus location is pretty random but Seoul Tokyo is really nice. There's also a good ramen place in Bermondsey which around a 10 min walk from campus! The nice thing about KCL is you can always go to one of the other campus' to study after your classes. Strand and Waterloo are in nicer areas with lots of food around :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
If you get there early enough, The Shed has a pretty good atmosphere for chilling or studying in (it's the student union run cafe on Guy's) and it's not vastly expensive but they have cake, meal deal and hot food options (recently installed Guy's Hut in there which sells pizza, curry, and my friend group's personal favourite, curly fries). Past twelve o'clock you can also usually sit downstairs in Guy's Bar which tends to be quieter. If the weather's nice, there are plenty of benches in the courtyard which are nice to sit on with all the trees (plus chance of seeing Lenny the cat!!). Otherwise, we often chill in Keats Cafe or the seats in the ground floor corridor in New Hunt's House.

For non-campus lunch options, there are 2 little Tescos nearby for a meal deal, and there's lots of stuff on Borough High Street or around London Bridge station which are both close - again, our personal favourite is the Leon on Borough High Street, but there's also Tortilla, Itsu, a whole load of places for varying budgets and interests :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
If you mean on campus, the classrooms in the Hodgkin basement are usually empty. I used to spend a lot of time there with my friends. Honestly not many places to eat because Guy's campus location is pretty random but Seoul Tokyo is really nice. There's also a good ramen place in Bermondsey which around a 10 min walk from campus! The nice thing about KCL is you can always go to one of the other campus' to study after your classes. Strand and Waterloo are in nicer areas with lots of food around :smile:

Great thanks

Quick Reply

Latest