The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
It's a comfort to see that there has been little change to proceedings over Sunday, hopefully today will bring good news!!!:biggrin:
Juuust a random Question to any of us little fishies:

Will news definitely arrive by email or telephone or is it possible that we could still be waiting on some post carrying out pooling outcomes?

Just a thought? Sorry, i know i shouldn't be posting questions on the thread.
Original post by eprysehawkins

Will news definitely arrive by email or telephone or is it possible that we could still be waiting on some post carrying out pooling outcomes?

People seem to have been mainly getting news via email or phone, but there have been rejection letters from what I've read on prevoius pages
Reply 1983
Original post by Minerva
The OP is the first post in this thread - the files are attached to it :smile:

Thank You so much:smile:
You've been a great help.
Original post by AJW210608
People seem to have been mainly getting news via email or phone, but there have been rejection letters from what I've read on prevoius pages

Yikes- here i was hoping for a letter stating a direct offer but NO...:/ whooops

"...just keep swimming...."
Reply 1985
Original post by swimswim
Hi, I guess I am one of several (or many?) parents who have been avidly stalking this thread the last few days. My daughter was pooled from Emma on Thursday and is still waiting to hear. Fingers crossed for today. Waiting is very painful.

But would like to reiterate previous sentiment that all you folk who have been pooled should be immensely proud of yourselves whatever the outcome. It may not be much comfort in the immediate aftermath if the outcome is not what you want but I am sure you will all end up at great universities and eventually wonder how you could have even considered going anywhere else. And it is clear from the outcomes at my daughter's school that even the teachers have no idea why some applicants have been offered a place compared to others so try not to agonise too much!

Keep your fins up little fish!
Oh, I think there'll be quite a few of you :tongue:

Thanks for posting :smile:

Yikes- here i was hoping for a letter stating a direct offer but NO...:/ whooops

"...just keep swimming...."

I gathered that calls usually means direct offer or re-interviews while post usually brings bad news of rejection.

hope that helps.
Reply 1987
Original post by pathfinderr
I gathered that calls usually means direct offer or re-interviews while post usually brings bad news of rejection.

hope that helps.

Post just arrived (first time he has ever been this early). No letter for me yet
Reply 1988
Sorry Minerva, I've been pooled by Downing and have a re-interview for Robinson on thursday, for Physical Natural Sciences. :smile:

I have one more question though, for my interview I have to do a one hour Maths/Physics/Chemistry test. One problem: I haven't studied chemistry since GCSE! On the website it says the test is based off core GCE Maths, Physics and Chemistry, so I won't be able to answer 1/3 of the paper.

Am I likely to be expected to answer the chemistry questions, or will my subject choice put me at a disadvantage?

Thankyou :smile:
Reply 1989
Original post by Ja€k
Sorry Minerva, I've been pooled by Downing and have a re-interview for Robinson on thursday, for Physical Natural Sciences. :smile:

I have one more question though, for my interview I have to do a one hour Maths/Physics/Chemistry test. One problem: I haven't studied chemistry since GCSE! On the website it says the test is based off core GCE Maths, Physics and Chemistry, so I won't be able to answer 1/3 of the paper.

Am I likely to be expected to answer the chemistry questions, or will my subject choice put me at a disadvantage?

Thankyou :smile:
You'll certainly have to give them a go - but they won't be expecting miracles. However (unless things have changed very much) if you are still studying physics you'll probably have remembered more GCSE level chemistry than you think.
Reply 1990
Original post by Minerva
You'll certainly have to give them a go - but they won't be expecting miracles. However (unless things have changed very much) if you are still studying physics you'll probably have remembered more GCSE level chemistry than you think.

Ah okay, thankyou very much, I'll guess I'll stick to going over my physics and maths then. :smile:
Am I likely to get a response to this if I emailed the admissions office, would you think?
I thought monday was supposed to get a little busier.... Lost all hope now
Reply 1992
Original post by Ja€k
Ah okay, thankyou very much, I'll guess I'll stick to going over my physics and maths then. :smile:
Am I likely to get a response to this if I emailed the admissions office, would you think?
You can certainly try - but it might come across better if you just looked over your GCSE chemistry stuff, without spending hours on it. As I say, it will probably come back to you pretty quickly, and then you've shown initiative and willing - neither will do you any harm!
If you're pooled one year and then you reapply- are your chances increased for the following year?
Just wondering :P
Reply 1994
Im in school and its compulsory that your phones must be switched off :frown: boohooo!
Original post by kirino1
Im in school and its compulsory that your phones must be switched off :frown: boohooo!

Same, but it's on anyway... :cool:

Time to 'fess up. Another interested parent with a son who has been pooled by Clare. I can only agree with and endorse previous parental sentiments. To have got this far is a great achievement regardless of the eventual outcome. Although rejection at this stage having come so tantalisingly close is never easy. But, as already said, there are other excellent universities out there and the present disappointment will pass.

I say this on the realistic supposition that it is more likely than not that an offer will not be made.

My son reminded me this morning of the old C&W song title "if the phone don't ring, you'll know it's me "
Reply 1997

legend. Im too chicken to turn mine on.

I chose the badass route and mine's turned on...BUT the email has suddenly stopped working on it...FML....WHYYYYYY?!?!?! :angry::angry::angry::angry::mad::mad::mad::acaila::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::bricks::bricks::bricks:
Just got an offer to read History at Homerton!! Can't believe it. I just want to say a huge huge huge thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread in the past few days, you guys really have helped to keep me sane through this horrible process! (poolee from Clare, for the purpose of stats) Keep swimming, the game isn't up yet.

Latest

Trending

Trending