The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Originally applied to Queens, now I'm going to be re-interviewed by Homerton for Bio NatSci! I'm so pleased it's not a rejection anyway. Does anyone actually know what happens in the interviews for the Winter Pool though? Or is it just the same as our last interviews? I don't know what to prepare!!!
Original post by kmorrison13
any poolees from clare? :smile:

hating just swimming around :P not knowing one way or the other..

i hope everyone's doing okay who hasn't heard yet, good luck everyone and hang in there! :smile:

I've been pooled by Clare :smile:

CAN ANYONE HELP:
What happens if you went for a choral scholarship at one college (Clare in my case), but have now been pooled?!?! What happens to your scholarship (if I've been given one obviously) if you get fished out by another college? Please help!!
Reply 782
Original post by taylorluce
I've been pooled by Clare :smile:

CAN ANYONE HELP:
What happens if you went for a choral scholarship at one college (Clare in my case), but have now been pooled?!?! What happens to your scholarship (if I've been given one obviously) if you get fished out by another college? Please help!!
No idea - but if the choral scholarship is not specific to a college, I can't see why you wouldn't still have it if you were successful at another.
Original post by Minerva
No idea - but if the choral scholarship is not specific to a college, I can't see why you wouldn't still have it if you were successful at another.

Just wondering whether you know if I'll have to take the cambridge law test at my interview if I took the clare law test at my original one?
Reply 784
What is political pooling ?
Reply 785
Original post by Alice...:)
Just wondering whether you know if I'll have to take the cambridge law test at my interview if I took the clare law test at my original one?
I don't - if the test was college specific it's possible that Selwyn may ask you to do theirs. Though I would expect them to tell you so in advance if that's the case, it would be a good idea to be prepared for the possibility that they will not warn you.
Reply 786
Original post by MWM
What is political pooling ?
Search the thread and you will find this has been answered at least twice.
Hi got pooled from Jesus and have interview at robinson for pps- anyone know anything about the piece of text we have to read and analyse etc?
Reply 788
HELP!?!? Is a winter pool re-interview just the same as our first interview? Will it be general or subject specific?
Reply 789
I got pooled from Jesus for maths but ended up getting an offer from Trinity Hall! So very happy. Good luck to all in the pool! x
Reply 790
Original post by xsoulsistax
Hi got pooled from Jesus and have interview at robinson for pps- anyone know anything about the piece of text we have to read and analyse etc?
The same rules about interview discussion apply as did in December.

Original post by smg
HELP!?!? Is a winter pool re-interview just the same as our first interview? Will it be general or subject specific?
You should prepare for both, if nothing is said in your interview invitation. It's more likely to be subject specific, though, I would have thought.

I have updated the OP with further FAQ as they have arisen in the thread. Please do go back and read it before posting questions as the more the thread fills up, the more difficult it is for people to find what they really need :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 791
Original post by yyanis
I got pooled from Jesus for maths but ended up getting an offer from Trinity Hall! So very happy. Good luck to all in the pool! x

Well done! When did u get that? N may I know ur grades? Tq
Reply 792
Original post by yyanis

Great. when did they email you? Is this a direct offer without any interview?
Reply 793
Original post by ghilee
I missed a phone call. It was around 6:30-ish.
The number, my phone says, cannot be displayed.

Damn. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. It was probably an ad or something... :frown:

Same!!!
Reply 794
Any medics heard?
Reply 795
Original post by Ganky
Any medics heard?

I don't know, I am waiting as well !!!
Why the telephone call? Why not just email?
Reply 797
Original post by harriot
I was pooled by Murray Edwards for Law. I'm guessing I have a slimmer chance then considering its an unpopular college!

Hey hey, I am pooled by Murray Edwards for Medicine. Glad someone is in a similar situation as me.... Good luck to both of us!!
Reply 798
Original post by WalkerPrince
Why the telephone call? Why not just email?

A telephone call is probably faster, you may not always checking your emails at the 'right time'
Reply 799
Original post by Minerva

Your statistics is very useful.

Is it true that there have been mostly re-interview offers today and the direct offers will typically follow in the next couple of days?

Is it safe to assume so or have been many direct offers already today.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending