The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by Ollie_8
has ANYONE been fished or called for an interview for english yet??? I have seen no-one so far (although information overload is melting my brain so I may be wrong), and I am wondering if this is a good thing, as perhaps english simply haven't started fishing yet, or a bad thing, as perhaps it means there a very few colleges fishing for english students this year. does anyone have any info/educated guesses to share? keep swimming everyone :smile:

As far as I know there have been 2 direct offers made and 2 re-interview offers for English. Keep hanging in there! It seems as though English hasn't got into full swing yet....
Reply 981
Just missed a call on my home phone by a withheld number barley rang probably the bank or something :-(
Reply 982
Original post by molly.
I'm loving all the fish/water puns. My friend was with me when I got my letter and he was like, "Okay, I know you're disappointed, but we're just going to think of this as an invite to a pool party with lots of other clever nice people okay? That way you can have fun regardless of the outcome!"

Ah it's sad to admit it but my own pun did make me laugh :biggrin: Haha that's good, someone posted up "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" from Finding Nemo which I thought was funny :smile:
Reply 983
To all my fellow poolees, good luck!
Reply 984
Original post by mpc1
Wow! Congratulations!! Did you get an email or a phone call as an international?

Was there a re-interview or is this a direct offer?

I was looking at this thread, checked email sporadically then POOF. It happened.
Reply 985
Original post by Sabi2012
Hello All - this goes out to fellow architecture fishes:

Just got fished by Murray Edwards - got pooled by my dream college King's.

There IS hope for getting fished to read architecture, although it may not be where you would neccesarily "want"- although glad i definitely do not see myself going to an all girls college or university. (dont throw things at me!) Oh, yeah, I'm also an international applicant :smile:

Don't really know what to think - i feel tremendously relieved, but thats all. This is in NO way putting down an all girls college - i just don't feel comfortable going to one, buts thats purely my opinion.

I wish everyone the best of luck. Architecture fishes, be proud of that portfolio you got :smile:

Congrats! I've been pooled by Jesus for architecture and i'm FEELING DOWN and UNLOVED.....life. (and a friend in all girl's halls at another uni said that when there was a fire alarm that's the one that had the most guys pouring out of it.. however i'm inclined to agree with you.)
Reply 986
Original post by hr30
As far as I know there have been 2 direct offers made and 2 re-interview offers for English. Keep hanging in there! It seems as though English hasn't got into full swing yet....

ah thankyou very much :smile: although that has made my heart sink slightly lower into the pool of queasiness...could I ask how you found that information? and are you swimming too?
Reply 987
Have any international students been fished yet ?
Reply 988
Basically a "we are offering you a place -details later" email
Hi I am a Mum (and a teacher) I have become completely addicted to this thread since my daughter was pooled by Churchill (Nat SCi Phys) on Thursday lunchtime. She got an offer of an interview at Murray Edwards for next week at about 5 p.m. yesterday so our initial agony is over for now. Just hang on in there all of you- I wish I could give you all places! And thanks to Minerva this has been a godsend!:smile:
Reply 990
Original post by maa9
Have any international students been fished yet ?

Yes - got pooled by kings, fished by murray edwards for architecture.
From switzerland so got a direct email
have anyone been fished this morning?? Are you guys sure the admission guys work over weekend to phone you, because since the pool closed yesterday, i don't see why they can't ring everyone concern yesterday.
Reply 992
hey, can anyone like describe what Murray Edwards is like?

Going through the other threads is making me worry about this college.... :frown:
Reply 993
Original post by lordvulture
have anyone been fished this morning?? Are you guys sure the admission guys work over weekend to phone you, because since the pool closed yesterday, i don't see why they can't ring everyone concern yesterday.

yep. I missed a call yesterday and today, around 9, I got a call today from Murray Edwards....
Is it really bad if my SAQ still says Magdalene..? :frown: (Mag was my initial choice..)
Reply 995
Basically a "we are offering you a place -details later" email

Is it a direct offer or is there a re-interview?
Reply 996
Yes - got pooled by kings, fished by murray edwards for architecture.

Congrats on the offer!! So, will you be firming Cambridge? What are your other offers/insurance choice?

EU or non EU applicant?

Do you follow the A levels or AP/IB curriculum? Any idea on the autopool criteria for AP/IB applicants?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 997
Original post by HarrietIsabelle
I think I'm becoming slightly addicted to this thread...pooled for economics by Selwyn- fingers crossed for everyone!

might have got completely the wrong person aha, but were you interviewing at Selwyn on the 7th? :smile:
Reply 998
Original post by ghilee
hey, can anyone like describe what Murray Edwards is like?

Going through the other threads is making me worry about this college.... :frown:

Why? Afterall all are under Cambridge, correct?

If one were to choose between Imperial and a college (considered not so good) say like this, what is the general advice?
Reply 999
Original post by new123
Why? Afterall all are under Cambridge, correct?

If one were to choose between Imperial and a college (considered not so good) say like this, what is the general advice?

college. come on, its cambridge!

Latest

Trending

Trending