The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tigerfiend
Yep - I remember you as the rower. We had the same interviewers at sort of opposite times if I remember correctly. I think Downing have pooled a lot of people across all the subjects from looking at this forum.
One of my friends was pooled by Downing and is being interviewed at Peterhouse for nat sci. I'm concerned about the fact I have no AS results, only predictions and Vetmed so competitive!

Yeah that's right! Ah so when do you do your A-Levels? Do you just have all your exams this year?

It is very competitive. I wonder how many people got offers from Downing for Vet Med this year. I only saw the 4 of us on that day applying.
Reply 1781
Original post by Eat.Sleep.Row.Repeat.
You're a guy right? I spoke to you in the waiting room a fair bit? Or am I confused? I was the rower, obviously :biggrin:

Who do you row for?
Original post by MrMisto
Who do you row for?

I just row for my school! We're a big rowing school, but I only started when I joined the 6th form in '11. Why, do you row?
pooled by downing for phys natsci, have an interview at robinson thurs :biggrin:

£74 on the train. Eh
Yeah that's right! Ah so when do you do your A-Levels? Do you just have all your exams this year?

It is very competitive. I wonder how many people got offers from Downing for Vet Med this year. I only saw the 4 of us on that day applying.

Summer I have my Alevels, so a lot to look forward to ... not.
I haven't seen any other Downing vet med offers on here. I didn't know there were only four of us on that day, but maybe they had interviews on other days?
We shall have to wait and see...:frown: the wait is agonising!
I also applied to RVC and Liverpool + Nottingham as well. I'm expecting Nottingham to be a rejection as I've had nothing from them at all...:frown::frown:
Reply 1785
I've had nothing from them at all...:frown::frown:

thats how i feel about durham, warwick and UCL :frown: is it too late or just early days?!
Reply 1786
Any other IB fish out there suffering like hell? Wonder what the attitude is to our predicted grades...

Also any Downing Nat Sci fish out there? I'm going through hell personally with this waiting.

Never have I ever wanted a phone call so badly in my life :frown:
Reply 1787
Original post by ruth_1994
So much love for everyone on this thread. It's so comforting to know that other people are going through this maddening wait!!!

Completely agree. Also the more people post their pooling status on here (still waiting, offer, interview) the more reflective this TSR sample will be. So if you haven't posted already (or updated your initial status) - please do if you are getting something out of the information that has been posted here :smile: :smile:

I haven't seen one person get an update today or have I missed that in my sleep starved state??

Thanks again to Minerva - think without her updates we would have all gone mad :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1788
hiiii everyone, good luck if you're like me and still swimming in this bloody pool! Just wondering if there are any more HISTORIANS out there?

Has anyone been called/emailed/re-interviewed/or offered at all? I still haven't heard anything. Was pooled by Christ's.

Reply history peoples :smile:
Original post by kirino1
thats how i feel about durham, warwick and UCL :frown: is it too late or just early days?!

My brother's doing history at Durham, and was told when he applied that it's quite unusual to get anything from them until after the UCAS deadliine, so don't panic! I have a friend who's waiting on them too...
Original post by Hasan144

Also any Downing Nat Sci fish out there? I'm going through hell personally with this waiting.(

Yeah me :smile: physical or bio? Im phys, have an interview at robinson college on thurs
Reply 1791
Original post by Hasan144
Any other IB fish out there suffering like hell? Wonder what the attitude is to our predicted grades...

Also any Downing Nat Sci fish out there? I'm going through hell personally with this waiting.

Never have I ever wanted a phone call so badly in my life :frown:

I feel exactly the same, want my phone to vibrate so much!!
Summer I have my Alevels, so a lot to look forward to ... not.
I haven't seen any other Downing vet med offers on here. I didn't know there were only four of us on that day, but maybe they had interviews on other days?
We shall have to wait and see...:frown: the wait is agonising!
I also applied to RVC and Liverpool + Nottingham as well. I'm expecting Nottingham to be a rejection as I've had nothing from them at all...:frown::frown:

And you do your AS levels in January? I've applied to RVC, Bristol and Liverpool and only contact i've had is from Liverpool with the WEQ!
Original post by jackisalion
pooled by downing for phys natsci, have an interview at robinson thurs :biggrin:

£74 on the train. Eh

Did you find this out today?
Reply 1794

Yeah me :smile: physical or bio? Im phys, have an interview at robinson college on thurs

You're hardly a fish then, you've got your interview! I'm bio btw
My brother's doing history at Durham, and was told when he applied that it's quite unusual to get anything from them until after the UCAS deadliine, so don't panic! I have a friend who's waiting on them too...

I'm also waiting for Durham, nothing from them yet :smile:
Reply 1796
Original post by kirino1

I feel the same about Durham, especially worries when my friend got durham offer in december :frown:
Original post by ged_norton
Evening all!

Managing to keep my head above water :P Pooled by Clare for Theology, any other Theologians out there?

Good luck to everyone, don't put too much thought into this process, if the outcome isn't the one we want, it probably shouldn't have happened in the first place!
Amen.

Is this THE ged norton?!
And you do your AS levels in January? I've applied to RVC, Bristol and Liverpool and only contact i've had is from Liverpool with the WEQ!

Precisely - do you see the logic? :confused: It makes for a really stressed yr 13!
Changed when IB introduced as option, and being changed back for current yr 12. :mad:
Was lucky enough to get an interview at RVC - but right in the middle of my mocks in December! Couldn't make it up if you tried. :frown:
Original post by Polls
hiiii everyone, good luck if you're like me and still swimming in this bloody pool! Just wondering if there are any more HISTORIANS out there?

Has anyone been called/emailed/re-interviewed/or offered at all? I still haven't heard anything. Was pooled by Christ's.

Reply history peoples :smile:

Hey :smile: I'm a fellow history fish, pooled by Clare. Haven't heard anything yet... I've been following this thread and there's quite a few history people out there waiting as well. I've seen a couple of offers/re-interviews but it seems like there is a lot of us still waiting. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending