The Student Room Group

Best house/bass tracks of the year (Mixmag and Resident Advisor)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gob Bluth
Bristol. It was Cocoon.

He dropped pretty much the full entirity of this 14 minute song near the start of his set. Incredible, i only said the other day this was one of those club tunes you go crazy too and really needed to hear it. Great moment(s).

Beast. I need to get myself down to Bristol, i've heard amazing things about the house scene. Still though, nothing can beat Nic Fanciulli and MK at saved, cant wait till they come back.
Big lineup, saw Sven Vath last weekend. So good. Adam Beyer, Mathew Jonson and Guti too. Great night, not enough techno in the UK

Gutted I missed that night, you been out much recently in Bristol? I've been Subsoul, Hot Flush x Aus, Idle Hands/Trap & Edible Skreamizm @ Motion, Tokyo Dub, Wide Eyes (quite a lot), Halfnaked, Apex, a couple of 51:27 events and a few more nights out aswell. You were right though, the house scene down here is ridiculous, met a few people from Manchester and they said that it's even better than there.
Bristol. It was Cocoon.

He dropped pretty much the full entirity of this 14 minute song near the start of his set. Incredible, i only said the other day this was one of those club tunes you go crazy too and really needed to hear it. Great moment(s).

Do you know the tune where it just says baby for the whole song with a mad bassline?

(edited 10 years ago)

Why didn't I discover this earlier?

laurent garnier is a beast
Original post by rohannnnn
Gutted I missed that night, you been out much recently in Bristol? I've been Subsoul, Hot Flush x Aus, Idle Hands/Trap & Edible Skreamizm @ Motion, Tokyo Dub, Wide Eyes (quite a lot), Halfnaked, Apex, a couple of 51:27 events and a few more nights out aswell. You were right though, the house scene down here is ridiculous, met a few people from Manchester and they said that it's even better than there.

Not really, unfortunately i'm now in full time work and having major tonsil problems so it's really hard for me to get out much! I went to one normal wide eyes night a while back and the halloween one which was sick! Ummm, Just Jack was incredible for halloween too. Missed my first Just Jack in over a year. KiNK was playing Friday night but antibiotics meant i couldn't make it, so sad! Still haven't made it to Empire Theatre!! Just Jack is the best house night hands down, watch out for its 8th birthday in Februrary. Apparently Omar S is back. One of the best selecters around... ROman Flugel, Bicep, Midland, Paul Woolford too apparently. I went to Subsoul at motion and Skreamizm at motion too. Think that's the baulk of the big sort of nights i've been to. Cocoon deffo the best, it's nice to see a change and i love techno so yeah.

Are you new to Bristol? A lot of those nights are run by students, know a few of the Halfnaked lot and they are sound.

Original post by tehforum
Do you know the tune where it just says baby for the whole song with a mad bassline?

I don't off the top of my head i don't think?

Why didn't I discover this earlier?

laurent garnier is a beast

Yes mate.
x.

Ah fair enough, I'm sure I'll come across it somehow!

Laurent Garnier is going to be on playlist for the next week or so :tongue:
Not really, unfortunately i'm now in full time work and having major tonsil problems so it's really hard for me to get out much! I went to one normal wide eyes night a while back and the halloween one which was sick! Ummm, Just Jack was incredible for halloween too. Missed my first Just Jack in over a year. KiNK was playing Friday night but antibiotics meant i couldn't make it, so sad! Still haven't made it to Empire Theatre!! Just Jack is the best house night hands down, watch out for its 8th birthday in Februrary. Apparently Omar S is back. One of the best selecters around... ROman Flugel, Bicep, Midland, Paul Woolford too apparently. I went to Subsoul at motion and Skreamizm at motion too. Think that's the baulk of the big sort of nights i've been to. Cocoon deffo the best, it's nice to see a change and i love techno so yeah.

Are you new to Bristol? A lot of those nights are run by students, know a few of the Halfnaked lot and they are sound.

Yeah man, been here since September.

Empire Theatre is such a cool venue but for big events it's too small in my opinion, the dancefloor in room one is tiny, not a bad soundsystem in there though, loefah & paleman went off in there recently.

Halloween Just Jack is a sore subject, couldn't be anymore gutted to miss that night but I should be going WHP NYD so I can catch Joy-O b2b Ben UFO there. Will 100% be attending the 8th birthday though, can't be missing that.

ja-heeze
Reply 730

ja-heeze

Nice. The name rang a bell so I went through my playlists and found that I'd favourited this from years ago:

FunkinEven - Kleer ft. Fatima

(Eglo records. Floating Points. <3)
[video="youtube;C0f96HQbCY4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0f96HQbCY4[/video]

I found this from a random playlist.

I'm glad I did.
Anyone in here produce? I remember we had a thread a while back but it seems to have disappeared into the depths of the archive.

https://soundcloud.com/dri3lsma

I'm just starting out, it'd be cool to hear other people's stuff/get some tips.
[video="youtube;VcQ6t6cSf-0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcQ6t6cSf-0[/video] Oldschool Disclosure track.
Reply 734
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Anyone in here produce? I remember we had a thread a while back but it seems to have disappeared into the depths of the archive.

https://soundcloud.com/dri3lsma

I'm just starting out, it'd be cool to hear other people's stuff/get some tips.

Hey that's really good for someone who's just starting out. Loving the table-tennis bridge with the synth action.

Unlike you, I'm terrible at the mixing end of things but I like to dabble in mostly hip-hop/soul/funk/jazz sort of styles.

http://soundcloud.com/arx

The closest I've gotten to dance music...

https://soundcloud.com/arx/dorothy

Original post by Kruz
Oldschool Disclosure track.

I love how 2011 is now oldschool. :P
Original post by arxtra

I love how 2011 is now oldschool. :P

Lol yeah I meant old track but you get what I mean.
Original post by arxtra
Hey that's really good for someone who's just starting out. Loving the table-tennis bridge with the synth action.

Unlike you, I'm terrible at the mixing end of things but I like to dabble in mostly hip-hop/soul/funk/jazz sort of styles.

Cheers man, I think I've got a long way to go when it comes to the mixdown. Your stuff is seriously awesome though, such a chill sound.
https://soundcloud.com/everybodywantstobethedj/ben-ufo-essential-mix-2013-10
Ben UFO.

I don't know what his genre is, but it sounds different, and I like it.

Quick Reply

Latest