The Student Room Group

AQA AS/A2 English Language and Literature A: Advice Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
can you provide a list of ao2 terminology for us please if possible??
Hello, First of all. well done for the great grades. I am doing English Language AQA AS What tips would you give to do well in the "write the opinion article" question in paper 2. It is worth 40 marks so most of the grades depends on this one question and I have not been doing so well in them.
:smile: Thank you very much
Hiya, first of all congrats on your amazing results:smile::smile:,
Well i wondering if you could give some study tips for streetcar named desire, i seem to understand the points and i make great original points in class. through i show this in my essays i still do not get above a c/d i think it may be because of how i write my actual essays and i'm not exactly sure what else to mention in the essay. Also i'm doing anthology based on paris, which is completely above me and i really struggle with it would you have any tips for this, how to do essays. I do aqa and in AS
Hello!! Firstly congratulations that is amazing, I was just wondering what texts you did. For my first exam we have three lots of texts, The Handmaid's Tale, 12 poems by Seamus Heaney and then a whole Paris Anthology with transcripts and articles. For the second exam we have a creative task with the us of Into The Wild and then we have another task with A Streetcar Named Desire.Are any of these similar to the ones you did, if so what advice would you have for revision and how to approach the questions?
Hi there , I'm doing A2 right now , and I'm doing street car , Geat Gatsby and Carol Ann Duffy . I'm at the top end of B but cant seem to progress up to A at all , what type of things do I have to do to make me get there ?Thank you :smile:
Original post by Briana02
Hi there , I'm doing A2 right now , and I'm doing street car , Geat Gatsby and Carol Ann Duffy . I'm at the top end of B but cant seem to progress up to A at all , what type of things do I have to do to make me get there ?Thank you :smile:

hi.

hope you are well.
i am doing the same texts as you, but by carol ann duffy did you mean "fem gospels"?
and are you doing handmaid tales by any chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending