The Student Room Group

TSR Kurdish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Some random guy
Let's spice this up. Do you guys want an independent state? I think the best solution to the secterian violence in Iraq is if the country was split up into 3 states. Iraq as we know it today is a British social experiment gone wrong. I say this as an Iraqi.

hmm....I can tell you that iraqi kurdistan will be pushing for independance within the not too distant future simply as by remaining within iraq....it will be losing billions of dollars....

not to mention the huge differences between central Iraq's aims and that of the KRG

I personally wouldn't like to see it split....simply as the middle east is already fractured enough....and a split would have stupid ramifications

I'd like to see a united states of iraq....where the 3 regions are autonomous, yet come together as a whole on certain issues
Original post by TheHeart
lol either its part of your nature or your soo flirting :wink:

VERY interesting conversation btw, sad i missed it :frown:

hahaha, by suggesting we get F-16 fighter jets???
Reply 182
Original post by infernalcradle
hahaha, by suggesting we get F-16 fighter jets???

lol no the comment above that :wink:
lol no the comment above that :wink:

hahaha, in my defence....she suggested we get the jet to flee the country first....:sexface:
Reply 184
hahaha, in my defence....she suggested we get the jet to flee the country first....:sexface:

haha sure? just read the comments before and she said 'we' as in the team

:wink: no escaping this now eh?
haha sure? just read the comments before and she said 'we' as in the team

:wink: no escaping this now eh?

hahaha, I'm completely innocent :ninja:

anyway.....I never said together didn't include coconut.....
Reply 186
hahaha, I'm completely innocent :ninja:

anyway.....I never said together didn't include coconut.....

lol whaterver...your a kurd medic, bet you have 30+ girls on yout radaar now on speed dial

no innonce there :wink:
lol whaterver...your a kurd medic, bet you have 30+ girls on yout radaar now on speed dial

no innonce there :wink:

:O

why does everyone have this really seedy image of me just cos I'm kurd????

I genuinely don't have any girls on my radar.....or on speed dial....

strange as it may seem....I'm just a normal guy....as opposed to the typical kurd of my age who actually do have many girls at once etc... (I can introduce you to many of them if you want)
Reply 188
:O

why does everyone have this really seedy image of me just cos I'm kurd????

I genuinely don't have any girls on my radar.....or on speed dial....

strange as it may seem....I'm just a normal guy....as opposed to the typitcal kurd of my age who actually do have many girls at once etc... (I can introduce you to many of them if you want)

so was that a false statement? if so, im sorry
so was that a false statement? if so, im sorry

hahaha, only when applied to me.....

and don't be sorry.....it's true for most of us.....

that said....iraqi guys aren't too different either.....:colone:
Reply 190
hahaha, only when applied to me.....

and don't be sorry.....it's true for most of us.....

that said....iraqi guys aren't too different either.....:colone:

so no gf either? fresher at relationship?
so no gf either? fresher at relationship?

haha, no gf at the moment....

dunno....I've had 2 mid term gf before.....does that make me a freshie????
Reply 192
:angry:
haha, no gf at the moment....

dunno....I've had 2 mid term gf before.....does that make me a freshie????

at the moment eh? :wink: whos the lucky target

blimey its 4! gotta catch a train back home to hull in a few hours

why are you still up?

btw im sabrina, you?
:angry:

at the moment eh? :wink: whos the lucky target

blimey its 4! gotta catch a train back home to hull in a few hours

why are you still up?

btw im sabrina, you?

hahaha, there is no lucky target....I have no-one in mind....

interested? :sexface:

hahahaha, I'm joking....just ignore me when I get like this :biggrin:....I can't help myself :frown:

I'm writing one of the essays I've been set to do over christmas....as if learning 3 months of material isn't enough....

how come you're up??? :holmes:

I'm sam...

if home is hull....where are you now??
Reply 194
hahaha, there is no lucky target....I have no-one in mind....

interested? :sexface:

hahahaha, I'm joking....just ignore me when I get like this :biggrin:....I can't help myself :frown:

I'm writing one of the essays I've been set to do over christmas....as if learning 3 months of material isn't enough....

how come you're up??? :holmes:

I'm sam...

if home is hull....where are you now??

well...you are good looking :wink: lool joke i have my soul set on someone else

oh bummer. im at my dads with my brother down in rhyl in wales but going back to my mums tomorrow........so gonna go and snooozzeee for a while

anyway sam, nice talking to you

take care and night xxxxx
well...you are good looking :wink: lool joke i have my soul set on someone else

oh bummer. im at my dads with my brother down in rhyl in wales but going back to my mums tomorrow........so gonna go and snooozzeee for a while

anyway sam, nice talking to you

take care and night xxxxx

hahaha....good looking my ass

fair doos, nice talking to you too

good night xxx
eh? made no sense

Which part of it didn't you understand?
hmm....I can tell you that iraqi kurdistan will be pushing for independance within the not too distant future simply as by remaining within iraq....it will be losing billions of dollars....

not to mention the huge differences between central Iraq's aims and that of the KRG

I personally wouldn't like to see it split....simply as the middle east is already fractured enough....and a split would have stupid ramifications

I'd like to see a united states of iraq....where the 3 regions are autonomous, yet come together as a whole on certain issues

The people in the middle east are so backwards, they need to be kept away from each other to give them time to mature. You gotta break a few eggs to make an omlette. Forcing people together at the cost of civil unrest and thousands of lives isn't worth the ideal of a united region.

Could you expand on why the Kurdish government is losing billions of dollars by being part of Iraq. I've heard that before but I was under the impression that the majority of the oil reserves do not reside in the north.
Original post by Some random guy
The people in the middle east are so backwards, they need to be kept away from each other to give them time to mature. You gotta break a few eggs to make an omlette. Forcing people together at the cost of civil unrest and thousands of lives isn't worth the ideal of a united region.

Could you expand on why the Kurdish government is losing billions of dollars by being part of Iraq. I've heard that before but I was under the impression that the majority of the oil reserves do not reside in the north

kurdistan is currently sitting on what is estimated to be around 100bn+ barrels of oil (the figure is rising on a daily basis)

under the current laws....kurdistan gets 17% of oil revenues....however after taxes etc...the actual figure is close to 12% of iraqis oil revenue.....

why should the KRG accept 12% of oil revenues when they are responsible for much more than 12%????

the southern oil fields are beginning to run out to the extent that they are now using water to pump out the oil.....showing they are on their last legs

the northern oil fields have yet to be fully appraised, let alone extracted from....hence you could literally in the case of some put a straw into the ground and oil would come out.....this is why the north would appear to have more oil
Well in any case, I look forward to the day oil everywhere runs out. Then the people of the middle east will have to learn to be productive and not rely on oil revenue to keep their economies afloat.

Quick Reply

Latest