The Student Room Group

McGill and UofT Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
It's 15 credits per term or 30 a year.

3+4+3 for math.
6+6 for econ

That leaves 8 credits so 3 options approx yeah.

Probably going to take MGCR 211, MGCR 341 for Finance.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 361
I feel bad for bombing this, seeming as I'm applying for UBC next year. I've been searching high and low, but the grade boundaries seem so low for a top 25 in the world Uni (chemistry) so I'm assuming that you have to take an SAT or the equivalent like uni's in the USA, or did you not have to? Thanks :smile:
Reply 362
Original post by Funtry
I feel bad for bombing this, seeming as I'm applying for UBC next year. I've been searching high and low, but the grade boundaries seem so low for a top 25 in the world Uni (chemistry) so I'm assuming that you have to take an SAT or the equivalent like uni's in the USA, or did you not have to? Thanks :smile:

You dont have to, I didnt anyway. Requirements are quite low yeah, but thats mostly because you apply mostly with your AS grades. It does not really matter what you get in A2 as long as its not too far a drop. Results come out in august and by that time its too late for most universities to rescind offers. You still need strong AS grades though to apply ideally.
Reply 363
Original post by Azland
You dont have to, I didnt anyway. Requirements are quite low yeah, but thats mostly because you apply mostly with your AS grades. It does not really matter what you get in A2 as long as its not too far a drop. Results come out in august and by that time its too late for most universities to rescind offers. You still need strong AS grades though to apply ideally.

Okay thanks, I hope I haven't screwed up my AS's then! I probably have, but oh well. I'll leave you all alone now, it just seemed like such a good oppurtunity to ask this with all of your knowledge about this around.. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Yash13
x

Just wanted to ask you one thing, do you know how do we need to send our final results to McGill?
Reply 365
Original post by Azland
It's 15 credits per term or 30 a year.

3+4+3 for math.
6+6 for econ

That leaves 8 credits so 3 options approx yeah.

Probably going to take MGCR 211, MGCR 341 for Finance.

Yeah we will probably have to graduate with 91 credits, unless you can find a 2 credit course :L

I was thinking of taking those but Finance seems have a statistics course as a prerequisite. Can we take it at the same time as Economic Statistics and then be allowed?

Original post by raheem94
Just wanted to ask you one thing, do you know how do we need to send our final results to McGill?

Hi man, I actually am sure about that and need to know myself. When my exams are over I will call the exam boards up but I am not sure if we can ask our schools or not because it says direct from the board.
Reply 366
Original post by Yash13
Yeah we will probably have to graduate with 91 credits, unless you can find a 2 credit course :L

I was thinking of taking those but Finance seems have a statistics course as a prerequisite. Can we take it at the same time as Economic Statistics and then be allowed?

Hi man, I actually am sure about that and need to know myself. When my exams are over I will call the exam boards up but I am not sure if we can ask our schools or not because it says direct from the board.

I checked the pre req stats course. All of it is S2. I should get exempted from that most likely.
Reply 367
Original post by Azland
I checked the pre req stats course. All of it is S2. I should get exempted from that most likely.

The prereq for Finance 1? That is business statistics but you will only get credits for one statistics course which is Economics Stats, which we have to do right? I don't know let's just wait until we get our transcripts lol.
Original post by Yash13

When you get to know about it, please inform me as well..
Reply 369
When you get to know about it, please inform me as well..

Usually every board has a form like this which you have to fill up. Here's an example CIE form -

http://www.cie.org.uk/docs/profiles/exams_officers/guide/Administrative_forms/Certifying%20Statement%20Application%20-%20Results%20and%20Certificates%20-%20Form%207.pdf

If you'll notice there are boxes for which session exam results are to be sent and the postal address to which they should send them too. Its quite simple procedure really.

Oh and does this mean you finally got accepted? Congrats!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Azland
Usually every board has a form like this. Here's an example CIE form -

http://www.cie.org.uk/docs/profiles/exams_officers/guide/Administrative_forms/Certifying%20Statement%20Application%20-%20Results%20and%20Certificates%20-%20Form%207.pdf

Oh and does this mean you finally got accepted? Congrats!

No i haven't got accepted yet.

Though uni of toronto status has changed from 'not yet reviewed' to 'decision pending'.

If get the offer from both, then which one should i choose?

I was trying to get all the info in advance.

If you find out about the edexcel form, then please let me know.
Reply 371
Original post by Yash13
The prereq for Finance 1? That is business statistics but you will only get credits for one statistics course which is Economics Stats, which we have to do right? I don't know let's just wait until we get our transcripts lol.

Yeah screw it. I'm done trying to figure it out lol. Lets just wait till july or so.
Reply 372
No i haven't got accepted yet.

Though uni of toronto status has changed from 'not yet reviewed' to 'decision pending'.

If get the offer from both, then which one should i choose?

I was trying to get all the info in advance.

If you find out about the edexcel form, then please let me know.

https://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/replace-certs-secure/faqs/Pages/results.aspx

Click the second link.

I actually used this form to send official copies of my result to uni of toronto.

After the results, they want the transcript very early, doesn't this takes time, like around 10 days. I will have to do further study on this matter.
Reply 374
I actually used this form to send official copies of my result to uni of toronto.

After the results, they want the transcript very early, doesn't this takes time, like around 10 days. I will have to do further study on this matter.

Best you can do is mail them your provisional result statement via speed courier. I'm sure they'll understand, you wont be the first person they've admitted like this before.
Original post by Azland
Best you can do is mail them your provisional result statement via speed courier. I'm sure they'll understand, you wont be the first person they've admitted like this before.

There is a lot of time left, we can probably figure out the solution. I haven't yet got an offer so i am not thinking much about this now :tongue:
Reply 376
I used that edexcel link about 3 days ago. That's what I was told by edexcel. It's the only way to send your results officially to 3rd party institutions (I.e. universities)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 377
Post your residence ranking here soon people so I can take some tips from it :biggrin:
Reply 378
Original post by Azland
Post your residence ranking here soon people so I can take some tips from it :biggrin:

Residence Ranking.png
Reply 379
Original post by Yash13
Residence Ranking.png

Wow, its almost identical to mine. Just wondering but why is solin/more houses so high up for you? They're pretty much the same as greenbriar and la citadelle from what I hear. ( Single room, private bathroom etc )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending