The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
2 Bedford Row invites out by email 5 minutes ago.
Three invites, six rejections. Worth worrying or standard?
Reply 1582
Original post by priscilla28
Afternoon all,

Has anyone heard from
Doughty
Garden Court
36 BR
11 KBW
13 KBW
Tooks
Essex Court

plz....

Try not to stress about Essex Court. They (very helpfully) emailed applicants at the beginning of the process saying that applicants invited to interview should find out in the week of 18th June.
Reply 1583
Original post by Barnickle
Thank you USER1434, and jolly well done re. 3VB, good luck with that (I received a rejection yesterday... strangely hit and miss this pupillage business).

Thank you Barnickle! Sorry to hear about your news. I must agree though, one gets quite a sense of it being a lottery once you are above a certain minimum level.
Reply 1584
Original post by BanterBarrister
Three invites, six rejections. Worth worrying or standard?

Have a look a few pages back for a deeper discussion of how many invites are good/how many rejections are bad. The mere fact that you've been invited to interview is great- you're doing better than a lot of people out there and any of those could lead to a pupillage if you're up to it on the day.

I'd say 3 is pretty good going and nothing to be worried about but it depends on the strength of your application and the stage that you're at. I'm on 4/9 so far and feeling really good about it- if I were you I'd commend yourself on the 3 rather than worry about the 6.
Has anyone had a rejection from 2 Bedford Row... Im 'still under consideration' so Im wondering if it will be rejection by silence?
1 Hare Court interviews out by post.
Original post by Chester Daisy
Has anyone had a rejection from 2 Bedford Row... Im 'still under consideration' so Im wondering if it will be rejection by silence?

My status on the Portal has just changed; I hope you've fared better than I have.
Just got my 2 Bedford Row rejection as well.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Chester Daisy

2 Bedford Row rejections out by email.
Reply 1590
Received invite from 2BR as well:smile: yippee...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1591
Does anyone know where online I can find the most up-to-date case law in preparation for interviews? (particularly Crime?)...as I've heard of some candidates being able to quote from judgments in their interview...
As much as we all knew it was rejection by silence by this point, I'm kinda glad 6KBW got around to emailing them. Maybe enough people called and harassed them about it that they decided to be sensible/put us out of our misery.
Reply 1593
Original post by LEM20
Does anyone know where online I can find the most up-to-date case law in preparation for interviews? (particularly Crime?)...as I've heard of some candidates being able to quote from judgments in their interview...

LEM20 - If you have access to Lexis Library or Westlaw, that would be a good starting point. Alternatively, BAILII contains all of the latest Supreme Court, Court of Appeal and High Court judgments. I'd recommend browsing the Court of Appeal Criminal Division judgments (you can filter this on BAILII)

Here's the link for you http://www.bailii.org/
Reply 1594
Has anybody applied to 2 Pump Court and received an 'undelivered' response from Gmail/Hotmail?

I've never had any problems sending from Gmail but it keeps bouncing back from the [email protected] address.
Reply 1595
Do you reckon we can presume that 23 essex street is a rejection if we haven't heard anything yet?
Reply 1596
Original post by MRMDK
Has anybody applied to 2 Pump Court and received an 'undelivered' response from Gmail/Hotmail?

I've never had any problems sending from Gmail but it keeps bouncing back from the [email protected] address.

Didn't know they have started doing automatic rejections :rolleyes:
Original post by B e o w u l f
Hi folks,

New to this forum. I'm an "old-timer" let's just say 5 yrs + call and still no pupillage. Have managed to secure 2 more interviews this year mind, after having a break from applying. Back in my days it was the PACH system, then OLPAS and now PP....LOL!! For those who feel they have been placed on the "scrap-heap" I'm perhaps proof that persistance pays off...well at least in securing an interview.

This rejection by silence via an electronic system is still pretty cold. Ignoring a CV and covering letter when it involves sending a written response back and the cost of a stamp is at least understandable (just..!!)
I know I'm being somewhat lazy and should search back pages of the thread but any news on the following, I'm still listed as "under consideration":

1. Cornerstone
2. 2 Bedford Row
3. 36 Bedford Row
4. Iscoed
5. Guildhall Bristol.

Thanks.

Nothing from Cornerstone, I didn't apply to any of the others though
Reply 1598
Wow, pretty sure I just blew my CPS chances. What the hell was that?!
Original post by thalassa
Seraphina, DITTO. Such a good day yesterday. Have you applied to Family sets this year (as I have)? Perhaps we could keep in touch via the board, if it helps x

Hi, yeah, going for a mixture of Family and Public Law places (slightly weird mix I know!). My other family ones are Coram, QEB and 1KBW(non-PP). Haven't heard from any of them yet, have you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending