The Student Room Group

PMP's Transformation Blog

Scroll to see replies

salmon looks tasty mmm
Original post by commandant
salmon looks tasty mmm

it was a darned lot tastier than last night's stir fry lol
Reply 62
You're amazing doing this with your hubby!!

Out of interest, I'm not doubting either of you one bit cos you're defo serious, but how would the drs know if you did go astray and eat a cheeky bit of butter or something? Would it stop the op going ahead? I know the pre op diet is for one's own good, so it would be silly to, but is there a way of knowing if someone were to sneak something extra in?

Good luck with it all and I wish your partner every success with his op!
Original post by kinkajou
You're amazing doing this with your hubby!!

Out of interest, I'm not doubting either of you one bit cos you're defo serious, but how would the drs know if you did go astray and eat a cheeky bit of butter or something? Would it stop the op going ahead? I know the pre op diet is for one's own good, so it would be silly to, but is there a way of knowing if someone were to sneak something extra in?

Good luck with it all and I wish your partner every success with his op!

Well supposedly the diet is to shrink the liver, and the dietician told my husband in her best "you WILL do as we say" type of voice, that if they open him up and find that his liver hasn't shrunk enough, then they will just close him back up again without going ahead with the operation.
So basically that put the fear of God into us lol.
I was literally counting out strands of spaghetti this evening for dinner lol. Did you know that 32 strands of tesco's value spaghetti (uncooked) makes up 30g? Now you know lol. You learn something new every day!
So, dinner was uninspiring. Chicken, spaghetti (32 strands to be specific lol), tinned tomatoes (well, ONE tinned tomato with a bit of juice), and sweetcorn. Bland, bland, bland (though not QUITE as bad as the stir fry last night). I covered it in garlic powder to try and make it more palatable but it was still naff.

I followed it with my obligatory 10 grapes lol.

I can't stop PEEING on this blumming diet. Have to drink 2 litres of low calorie fluid a day. That's way more than I'd drink usually. I'm like a yoyo to the toilet!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Well supposedly the diet is to shrink the liver, and the dietician told my husband in her best "you WILL do as we say" type of voice, that if they open him up and find that his liver hasn't shrunk enough, then they will just close him back up again without going ahead with the operation.
So basically that put the fear of God into us lol.
I was literally counting out strands of spaghetti this evening for dinner lol. Did you know that 32 strands of tesco's value spaghetti (uncooked) makes up 30g? Now you know lol. You learn something new every day!

Ahh that's pretty extreme, and you'd have to be crazy not to stick to the diet after hearing that :p:

And i didn't know that, but i will add it to my collection of random facts :biggrin:

Also having the same problem re. fluids!! And my section at work absolutely cannot be left unsupervised for even a few secs, so it's very embarrassing having to keep nipping upstairs and getting people to cover for me! :colondollar: I hope this regulates itself soon!!!
Reply 66
If you want a something for breakfast try oats with milk and a teaspoon of honey, or buy some flavoured oats from MyProtein - a kilo should last you around three weeks, even if you had it every day:

http://www.myprotein.com/UK/products/instant_oats

They've just had a small reduction in price, I would suggest buying some coconut oil and almond butter too for frying and healthy snacking whilst you were making an order too as delivery is free if you spend £50 or more. See this topic for a 5% discount off your first order:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=720945

As for water, try and spread the consumption of it as widely as possible as it's best absorbed that way.

Best of luck with the transformation, I'll be following this one.
Original post by Tango189
If you want a something for breakfast try oats with milk and a teaspoon of honey, or buy some flavoured oats from MyProtein - a kilo should last you around three weeks, even if you had it every day:

http://www.myprotein.com/UK/products/instant_oats

They've just had a small reduction in price, I would suggest buying some coconut oil and almond butter too for frying and healthy snacking whilst you were making an order too as delivery is free if you spend £50 or more. See this topic for a 5% discount off your first order:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=720945

As for water, try and spread the consumption of it as widely as possible as it's best absorbed that way.

Best of luck with the transformation, I'll be following this one.

umm, not sure if you've even glanced at my blog, but I'm following my husband's pre-op diet with him for the next fortnight.

So flavoured oats, coconut oil, honey, almond butter...these are all things I can't have.

Are you just trying to advertise products or something? Because you're not really going to get much joy from me.

Really, if you're going to try and persuade people into buying stuff, make sure you're aiming it at the right target audience. It wouldn't have taken you five seconds to have skimmed some of my previous posts in this thread.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kinkajou
Ahh that's pretty extreme, and you'd have to be crazy not to stick to the diet after hearing that :p:

And i didn't know that, but i will add it to my collection of random facts :biggrin:

Also having the same problem re. fluids!! And my section at work absolutely cannot be left unsupervised for even a few secs, so it's very embarrassing having to keep nipping upstairs and getting people to cover for me! :colondollar: I hope this regulates itself soon!!!

lol I bet that is awkward yeh. I'm lucky in that way, I'm just running to my own home toilet.
I literally went to the toilet 45 minutes ago and I need it again, I've been like that for the past 2 days lol.
PMP! I don't want to sound like a mental fan girl, but I'm wishing you so much luck for all this :smile: I'm going to be following this as well, as I could really do with the inspiration!
Original post by psychocustard
PMP! I don't want to sound like a mental fan girl, but I'm wishing you so much luck for all this :smile: I'm going to be following this as well, as I could really do with the inspiration!

aww thanks that means a lot :smile:

Who knows what desperate measures I'm going to have to resort to in order to make this bland diet interesting lol. I think it's going to bring out some sort of creative cooking improvisational skills in me haha!
This morning's weight : 10 stone 7lbs 6oz

SO didn't expect that. This is now officially the lowest I have weighed for the past 9 years! EEEEK! *does a small jiggle*. I haven't the faintest idea how many calories I'm consuming with this diet, but it's certainly getting the weight off.
Unless I'm peeing it all out! Water weight maybe? Who knows, I sure am drinking a lot!

total deficit since starting this contest : 2lbs 14oz

gonna go have my 30g cornflakes now.
This morning's weight : 10 stone 7lbs 6oz

SO didn't expect that. This is now officially the lowest I have weighed for the past 9 years! EEEEK! *does a small jiggle*. I haven't the faintest idea how many calories I'm consuming with this diet, but it's certainly getting the weight off.
Unless I'm peeing it all out! Water weight maybe? Who knows, I sure am drinking a lot!

total deficit since starting this contest : 2lbs 14oz

gonna go have my 30g cornflakes now.

Ooh well done, does that make you a healthy bmi now?? :biggrin:
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Ooh well done, does that make you a healthy bmi now?? :biggrin:

no lol. I need to lose about a pound x
Well, a pound and a half thereabouts.
Reply 74
I've been reading this blog since you started it and I am amazed at how well you're doing/have been doing. Losing weight, helping your hubby with his weight loss AND looking after three kids!

Also 30g of spaghetti doesn't ACTUALLY look that small a portion, lol!
Original post by sauce
I've been reading this blog since you started it and I am amazed at how well you're doing/have been doing. Losing weight, helping your hubby with his weight loss AND looking after three kids!

Also 30g of spaghetti doesn't ACTUALLY look that small a portion, lol!

:redface: it's a lot smaller than what I'd normally have lol. I loooove pasta :colondollar:
hubby weighed himself this morning. He's lost half a stone in 2 days! :zomg:
Reply 77
hubby weighed himself this morning. He's lost half a stone in 2 days! :zomg:

wow, imagine how much he will have lost by the end of it! :zomg:
Reply 78
:redface: it's a lot smaller than what I'd normally have lol. I loooove pasta :colondollar:

I usually have 75-100g of spaghetti myself :colondollar: depending on how hungry I am....
Lunch today :

50g pilchards in tomato sauce, 12.5g cheddar cheese (see what I did there, I split my meat/cheese allowance in half, so instead of 100g pilchards and zero cheese, or 25g cheese and no pilchards, I had half and half lol).
With 25g sweetcorn, 75g tinned tomato, and 30g spaghetti.

Verdict : pretty tasty. Not as good as the salmon dishes, but beggars can't be choosers. At least it wasn't too bland anyway.

I must admit though it wasn't the prettiest meal in the world to look at!

Quick Reply

Latest