University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by DellaLouise
Probably :h:
I've just found out I'll be living in Centre court in Tennis Court and have heard it can be loud. Hmmm...

did you put shared or en suite, i got en suite so i'm taking that i'm not in centre court! centre court is meant to be the most fun, don't worry!

ahhhhh im so happppppy
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 181
Original post by TitchTheAntiHero
I just received my offer too! tennis courts (en-suite) Block 22 Flat 143 :biggrin:

I'm Block 22 Flat 141!
Original post by bretters
I'm Block 22 Flat 141!

so we'll be pretty close to each other?
also I just noticed your from cheshire too! where in cheshire? :smile:
Reply 183
I got Block 21 in Tennis courts, which is on Centre Court?

I like loud music and a party environment?

Whats it like where i'm staying?
Reply 184
so we'll be pretty close to each other?
also I just noticed your from cheshire too! where in cheshire? :smile:

ah yes, im from warrington but i went to college in northwich, isn't that near winsford?
ah yes, im from warrington but i went to college in northwich, isn't that near winsford?

did you go to Sir John Deanes?! cause I did haha, and yeah northwich is pretty close to winsford, it's about 40 minutes on a bus but it's only a ten minute drive hehe :biggrin:
Reply 186
did you go to Sir John Deanes?! cause I did haha, and yeah northwich is pretty close to winsford, it's about 40 minutes on a bus but it's only a ten minute drive hehe :biggrin:

Yeah I did, but I finished last year and had a gap year!! Ahahah this is amazing!
Yeah I did, but I finished last year and had a gap year!! Ahahah this is amazing!

no way! this is so weird haha, I've just finished, what did you take? :smile:
Reply 188
no way! this is so weird haha, I've just finished, what did you take? :smile:

I took Economics, Politics and History dropped Sociology at AS, you?x
I took Economics, Politics and History dropped Sociology at AS, you?x

I took Psychology, Sociology and Chemistry and dropped English Literature at AS, who did you have for Sociology? :P
Reply 190
Law LLB anyone? :smile:
Reply 191
I'm in Jarrett Hall, I applied really early for accom.. My first choice being Elgar and second being Tennis courts, both en-suite. They emailed me today saying they are doing work to Jarrett Hall, seems pretty annoying that I will probably be woken up every day by construction work! Read some pretty negative things about Jarrett... many people been put in there?!
Reply 192
Original post by chlo.123
Law LLB anyone? :smile:

Im also doing law :smile:
Reply 193
Original post by mar26
Hi,
I'm an undergraduate too and i got put into Jarratt Hall, it was my third choice and i applied in December. I
've read quite a few reviews about Jarratt Hall, and they all seem to be for Postgraduate Students or International Students.
I dont mind Jarratt Hall, because its really close to the business school but i wanted to be with other freshers too! I'm in flat 58.

Anyone else in this situation?

Yeah Jarratt Hall was my 3rd choice as well, I'm not sure what my flat number is yet.. think the construction work is on the other end of the building too you. I hope its not all international students, it seems people have been put in there this year!
Reply 194
Original post by RWood93
I'm in Jarrett Hall, I applied really early for accom.. My first choice being Elgar and second being Tennis courts, both en-suite. They emailed me today saying they are doing work to Jarrett Hall, seems pretty annoying that I will probably be woken up every day by construction work! Read some pretty negative things about Jarrett... many people been put in there?!

I'm exactly the same! I applied in December and put Tennis courts first then Elgar but got Jarratt (flat 53)...
Reply 195
Hello everyone. The uni told me they were going tochange my course to a different one yesterday and said that it would update on ucas or i would get the offer by today, but it still hasnt happened.
Can i call them now? Or tomorow on a sunday????
Reply 196
Original post by kit-kat92
I'm exactly the same! I applied in December and put Tennis courts first then Elgar but got Jarratt (flat 53)...

Hey, you won't really notice the construction work because you'll either be in lectures or out and about. Jarratt has changed a lot this year and is all freshers ( all halls have international students) If you join the facebook group http://www.facebook.com/groups/376203715783551/ there are loads of freshers who may even be doing the same course as you.

I hope that helps
Reply 197
Original post by i Pav i
I got Block 21 in Tennis courts, which is on Centre Court?

I like loud music and a party environment?

Whats it like where i'm staying?

Apparently that is party central mate, going to be amazing in there.
Original post by ruthelizabeth
oh thats my worry haha, there should be 6 of us as I'm in Ashcroft. its an all girl flat so i hope there is at least one other like me haha. i don't mind going out, just not drinking every day haha so i'll deffo try some of the non drinking things too! thanks :smile:

Hey :-) im in ashcroft too! Which block are you in?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Reply 199
Original post by gozatron
Freshers starts week beginning the 17th, medics have a few "introductory" lectures in the week and a hell of a lot of fresher events. See you then!

If studying medicine, is it worth buying a freshers fest ticket and the freshers ball? Or will there be events specificially for medic freshers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending