The Student Room Group
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website

University Of Buckingham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I am a canadian student, what do you mean by strengths?
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
It's hard to say without knowing stuff that you've done in the past but anything that you think will set you apart from others.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though just try and paint yourself in the best way you can without lying.

On a side note there are quite a few Canadians studying law here so you should feel quite at home!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
I will definitely do that! Thanks ,I really appreciate It.
How many Canadians would you say start law each semester?
Couldn't give you an exact idea but a good chunk of my friends here are Canadian who come from all over!

Going slightly far in advance but don't expect much from the Freshers 'Week' at Buckingham, it's more like 4 days, and doesn't sound like your Frosh weeks that you may be more used to.
Reply 84
Ohhh well doesn't sound too bad , and I'm excited for freshers week hopefully I get accepted! Thanks for the help! :smile:
Well good luck and maybe see you in January!
I just got an email from this university because I was thinking about January entry and they do a Psychology with English Lit degree which sounds so perfect! But I feel like it's a bit late to think about going to university in January now and how does funding work as it's a private university? I've never heard of Buckingham before!
You can still claim the tuition fee loan from student finance but it won't cover all of the fees so you have to make up the rest yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else got a place to study in january? bateman house halls anyone?
Reply 89
Well you could opt for the July intake, that's what I'm doing (assuming I get a place there)
Reply 90
Are there many Asian/African students on campus? How far is it from London? And are they well known for the journalism course?
Original post by sooashley
Are there many Asian/African students on campus? How far is it from London? And are they well known for the journalism course?

Hi Sooashley,

I'm Heather - I work in central marketing at UoB.

Officially students from Asia and the Pacific make up 14% of our student body and students from Africa and the Indian Ocean countries make up 13%. The majority of our students are from Britain and the Overseas Territories and they account for 52% of the students.

We're 70 miles from London. In terms of public transport (train from Euston to Milton Keynes, bus from Milton Keynes to Buckingham - with waiting time) I'd expect it to take about 80-90 minutes to get from London to Buckingham.

I think my colleague Ash has already answered your question about Journalism but if you need any more info let me know.

Heather.
Reply 92
Original post by The University of Buckingham
Hi Sooashley,

I'm Heather - I work in central marketing at UoB.

Officially students from Asia and the Pacific make up 14% of our student body and students from Africa and the Indian Ocean countries make up 13%. The majority of our students are from Britain and the Overseas Territories and they account for 52% of the students.

We're 70 miles from London. In terms of public transport (train from Euston to Milton Keynes, bus from Milton Keynes to Buckingham - with waiting time) I'd expect it to take about 80-90 minutes to get from London to Buckingham.

I think my colleague Ash has already answered your question about Journalism but if you need any more info let me know.

Heather.

Thanks! I'd like to know if you it's a requirement to take up a foreign language during the course and even if it's not, can we take up a foreign language? Is it offered?
Thanks! I'd like to know if you it's a requirement to take up a foreign language during the course and even if it's not, can we take up a foreign language? Is it offered?

My pleasure.

It's not a requirement to take a foreign language and if you're looking at studying Communication, Media and Journalism you wouldn't be able to study a foreign language as part of your degree but you would have the option to study a foreign language outside your timetable as a volunteer at no extra cost (provided there are no clashes with your timetable). We offer French and Spanish and you would complete a brief assessment prior to starting the course so that you can be put into the appropriate level - I believe there are 8 levels.

Heather.
Reply 94
Original post by The University of Buckingham
My pleasure.

It's not a requirement to take a foreign language and if you're looking at studying Communication, Media and Journalism you wouldn't be able to study a foreign language as part of your degree but you would have the option to study a foreign language outside your timetable as a volunteer at no extra cost (provided there are no clashes with your timetable). We offer French and Spanish and you would complete a brief assessment prior to starting the course so that you can be put into the appropriate level - I believe there are 8 levels.

Heather.

I was looking to do Journalism with International Studies so I thought a language would be part of the module, at least the International Studies part. Glad to know there's French/Spanish classes though! Will look into that.
I was looking to do Journalism with International Studies so I thought a language would be part of the module, at least the International Studies part. Glad to know there's French/Spanish classes though! Will look into that.

Again, Journalism and International Studies can't be combined with a language as part of your degree because your timetable will be filled up with other modules but you can absolutely take up a language in your own time. Your timetabled classes will amount to 9 hours per week and additional language classes would take up another 3 hours of your week so quite manageable.

Heather.
What are my chances of getting into Law and Economics with a BBB in Chemistry, History and Business?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending