The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CalculatorFocused
oh fml I got the first damn question wrong. Stupid signs. I think I got about 55 altogether though, that's about a B right? I'll still be resitting then. :'(

me too i am getting a 57 which is a B too.........i am doing c1 for the first time.......but i dont wanna retake
and i think getting a B is good as long as u get higher marks in other core mathematics........
and u cant be sure that 55 is actually a B.........may be the grade boundary would fall to 55 for an A......like june 2009:biggrin:
hope that happens......if that happens then we two are going to be the luckiest people in the world :colondollar::colondollar::biggrin::tongue:
Original post by nm786
I did every single past paper and still struggled with this exam.
Last two questions were crazy and i ran out of time. I'm not looking forward to results day, i will have to resit this!

I know.
I guess we have to soldier on to C2. Definitely retaking C1, unless I get > 65. But that's unlikely, unless of course..........devine intervention.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by shahlakh
me too i am getting a 57 which is a B too.........i am doing c1 for the first time.......but i dont wanna retake
and i think getting a B is good as long as u get higher marks in other core mathematics........
and u cant be sure that 55 is actually a B.........may be the grade boundary would fall to 55 for an A......like june 2009:biggrin:
hope that happens......if that happens then we two are going to be the luckiest people in the world :colondollar::colondollar::biggrin::tongue:

Let's hope enough people performed bad enough for the grade boundaries to be that low. :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:.

As you say, a B is not bad, but if you get all A's in the AS's and then you mess up in your A2 year, you'd still average out a C, so i guess it's better to get higher marks in the AS's just incase A2's don't go as good as you hope.
Original post by AS01
what did you guys get for the value of f(1) is it 5/2?
for the one where it said f(x)=(x-k)^2(x-k+2)
what did you get as intersect is it
k and k-2 for x-axis and (-k^3+2k^2 )for yaxis

This question ****ed my life up. I couldn't solve it, I just didn't know how. Out of all the past papers I did, this question didn't even come up, I didn't even know questions like this COULD come up. How the hell did you guys solve this???

I feel ashamed to be called a Maths Student.
Original post by TheOneQuestionGuy
Let's hope enough people performed bad enough for the grade boundaries to be that low. :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:.

As you say, a B is not bad, but if you get all A's in the AS's and then you mess up in your A2 year, you'd still average out a C, so i guess it's better to get higher marks in the AS's just incase A2's don't go as good as you hope.

yeah i know..........look what i think is that the grade boundaries will be lower cz many of the people are saying that c2 was easy but c1 was really difficult..........few of the people here found it quiet easy.............so that may clearly reflect the grade boundary part..............but i think we must expect a B cz when the result day would arrive and we would see an A grade on our certificates then i am sure we two would be the happiest on the earth on that particular day.....:p:D
huh hope that happens:redface:
for 5a if I used the quadratic equation to try and find where they intersected on the bit of it where you got root(b^2 -4ac) and I showed how it was a negative numbers and square roots can't be negative so they have no coordinates where they intersect
Will that get me any marks do you think?

EDIT: Did anyone find this much harder than past papers they did? I got 90% in a mock past paper and I'm looking at more like 70%-80% on this.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JohnFarrell
for 5a if I used the quadratic equation to try and find where they intersected on the bit of it where you got root(b^2 -4ac) and I showed how it was a negative numbers and square roots can't be negative so they have no coordinates where they intersect

EDIT: Did anyone find this much harder than past papers they did? I got 90% in a mock past paper and I'm looking at more like 70%-80% on this.

Look buddy.......most of the people here are saying that it was harder and trickier than the previous ones..........so probably the grade boundaries for an A would get lower..........and if what u have calculated is true then u may get an A or B i presume:smile:
On Question 6 I messed up the x co-ordinate for C, this then meant that I got the wrong answer for the area of the ABC triangle (which was the focus of Part C.)
Can anyone tell me how many marks I may have lost on this question? Would I be allowed consequential marks as I did everything else correctly
Original post by sukhys
guys the grade boundaries you are predicting are way too low. 58/75 for an A personally

It has been as low as 52/75 for A in C2 Jan10 which was one of the more difficult papers.
Original post by JohnFarrell

This will get you full marks (if you did the following). As long as you stated that 7\sqrt{-7} is imaginary (i.e. it's not real), then that equates to using algebra to prove no real roots, therefore no intersections.

I think the formula is the method marks, but the realisation of real roots vs. imaginary roots that gives full.

It's what I did, so hey.
Original post by intellectual1
It has been as low as 52/75 for A in C2 Jan10 which was one of the more difficult papers.

ahmmmmm ahmmmmmmm r u sure it would be that low........it can be 55..........but not 52............was this paper harder than the june 2009 one???:confused:
Original post by TheOneQuestionGuy
This question ****ed my life up. I couldn't solve it, I just didn't know how. Out of all the past papers I did, this question didn't even come up, I didn't even know questions like this COULD come up. How the hell did you guys solve this???

I feel ashamed to be called a Maths Student.

It's just like saying y=f(x+K)
Original post by dan94adibi

I'm sure it was f(xk)f(x-k) - i.e. movement in the horizontal x-direction to the right.
Reply 193
I messed question 9 up.. the part (b) anyway. I didn't multiply 9*5 to get 45. So then yeah.. value of T went wrong and obviously value of P went wrong. Do you think I'll get marks for the method and working, though?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 194
Original post by KalSA

Original post by KalSA
I messed question 9 up.. the part (b) anyway. I didn't multiply 9*5 to get 45. So then yeah.. value of T when wrong and obviously value of P went wrong. Do you think I'll get marks for the method and working, though?

I did a very similar thing (meaning I got the wrong value of T).

You should get full marks for (c) as long as you got the correct value of P for YOUR value of T.

You'll probably lose 1 or 2 marks on (b) though - hopefully only 1.
Reply 195
Original post by oli_G

Original post by oli_G
I did a very similar thing (meaning I got the wrong value of T).

You should get full marks for (c) as long as you got the correct value of P for YOUR value of T.

You'll probably lose 1 or 2 marks on (b) though - hopefully only 1.

I really hope so. I've been really paranoid since the paper.
Reply 196
How many marks do you think ill lose for q9? i think i confused a minus with a plus and consequentially got a minus answer for T, i used the right formula etc, and got the right answer for 9c using my value of T. That was my only mistake, do you think i could till get 100 ums?
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
I'm sure it was f(xk)f(x-k) - i.e. movement in the horizontal x-direction to the right.

Yh my bad (y)
Original post by dan94adibi

Well, one thing i know is........resit pending.
Reply 199
Original post by KalSA

Original post by KalSA
I really hope so. I've been really paranoid since the paper.

Same, I really wanted 100UMS. :/

Latest

Trending

Trending