The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
Shotgun someone's spare tickets if I don't get a ticket :colondollar:

Nice try :wink: I've got a long list of people who've already asked me haha if I'm able to get all 3 then my parents will want my spares!
Original post by ChrisWilliams
Nice try :wink: I've got a long list of people who've already asked me haha if I'm able to get all 3 then my parents will want my spares!

You can add me to the list and make it longer! :colondollar:

Bet I end up forking out loads to buy someone's corporate tickets or whatever the neutral tickets are called.
Reply 1382
So have we given up indefinitely on any last minute deals for us today?
Original post by Pn94
So have we given up indefinitely on any last minute deals for us today?

Kenny was pretty clear about no deals. We've got a game in a couple of hours which will take us close to the deadline.

Perhaps Comolli can sort a deal but maybe after being burnt last January has meant no one wants to take the plunge this January?

Interesting that JW Henry is in town, in theory could be here to stump up the cash?
Reply 1384
Kenny was pretty clear about no deals. We've got a game in a couple of hours which will take us close to the deadline.

Perhaps Comolli can sort a deal but maybe after being burnt last January has meant no one wants to take the plunge this January?

Interesting that JW Henry is in town, in theory could be here to stump up the cash?

I'm still holding out some hope. Saha to Spurs could lead to a cheeky bid for Defoe to us?
Original post by Pn94
I'm still holding out some hope. Saha to Spurs could lead to a cheeky bid for Defoe to us?

The thing is, Defoe isn't the lowest peck in their strikers, it's Pavlyuchenko. Defoe's had 900+ league minutes whereas Pavlyuchenko has had like 130 league minutes.

Defoe even has 8 goals for them in the league, which isn't a terrible return.
Reply 1386
The thing is, Defoe isn't the lowest peck in their strikers, it's Pavlyuchenko. Defoe's had 900+ league minutes whereas Pavlyuchenko has had like 130 league minutes.

Defoe even has 8 goals for them in the league, which isn't a terrible return.

Word is Pavlyuchenko's on the move and Saha's his replacement.
Original post by VQG
Word is Pavlyuchenko's on the move and Saha's his replacement.

Makes much more sense. Think people were just hopeful of Defoe.
Reply 1388
"If rappers always rap about being criminals and doing illegal things.. Then why do they get so upset when I illegally download their music?" - Ryan Babel on twitter.
Reply 1390
Original post by Tom_Hagen
"If rappers always rap about being criminals and doing illegal things.. Then why do they get so upset when I illegally download their music?" - Ryan Babel on twitter.

If he were still playing in England he'd get done for that tweet XD
Reply 1391
Teamsheet: Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Spearing, Adam, Henderson, Kuyt, Carroll, Bellamy. Subs: Doni, Aurelio, Coates, Downing, Carragher, Shelvey, Kelly
Reply 1392
Only 2 attackers on the bench :lolwut:
Reply 1393
Firmpong starting for Wolves... another sending off for him?
Reply 1394
So Bellamy starts! I would have played the same team but with Downing instead of Bellamy starting. Must win...
Reply 1395
Cisse and Soto signs for QPR and Sunderland on loan respectively... lots of Ex-reds returning to the PL recently....
Original post by M_E_X
So Bellamy starts! I would have played the same team but with Downing instead of Bellamy starting. Must win...

So you recognise it's a must win game, but contradict yourself by saying you'd have one of our least potent attackers on the pitch for one of our most potent?
Sotirios Kyrgiakos has been loaned to Sunderland - LOL did they ever watch him play?
Well loyalty in terms of being a continuous flow of fund to the club..

You reckon 80% of those in the ballot will get a ticket? I'd be happy with that (assuming I got a ticket). I thought it might be lower than thought (with no basis).

Well this is my purchase history

I'm hoping that means it's been added on (no reason why it shouldn't be?)

You need membership to buy a Spurs ticket currently, and it lets me get to the purchase page, so I think that means my membership is now active. Guess I'll find out for certain tomorrow.

Ah sorry my figure was based upon removing those who have just attended the previous games.

It probably is more like 50/50 when you take the STH into account. Must have hope though!!
Reply 1399
Original post by ChrisWilliams
So you recognise it's a must win game, but contradict yourself by saying you'd have one of our least potent attackers on the pitch for one of our most potent?

It's a must win game but Bellamy is one of our best players (as you note), we have plenty without risking him, especially with our upcoming fixtures. I think start with Downing who played great last game, and bring Bellamy on later on if we need him.

Latest