How much do you get paid an hour?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lauren Pen
Don't you get tips too?

Why do you get half price KFC?

At least you have a job.

At least you have a job.

I work in a service station, we get discount on everything in there. 70% on own brand, 50% on KFC, BK and Starbucks, and 15% in WHSmith :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Lauren Pen

Don't you get tips too?

Only when I'm on tables (which isn't every shift) and only when the customers are tipping.
Reply 22
I was 16 when I started at McDonald's on £4.35, not amazing but I didn't really need to earn much then. Got a pay ride to £4.94 when I turned 18 and 6 months later promoted to Crew Trainer and am on £6.37 (am nearly 19 now).

I'd personally work for a chain store if your thinking about uni, it makes getting a job while at uni very easy.
Reply 23
I work at Sainsburys and get £5.40 ph at 17 but i have only been their 2 months so hopefully it will go up after a few months :biggrin: x
£6.41 at 16 plus a massive bonus I love you John Lewis!
Reply 25
I work in a garden centre and only get £4.80 an hour.

Minimum wage for under 18's is like £3.60, and for over 18's it's around £5.50.
£6-6.50 - I work at two different bars, plus tips :smile:
£4.10 :facepalm2:

I don't know why I look at these threads... Seeing how much more everyone gets paid depresses me :frown:
I get about £25 p/h, but then that's nothing special as a graduate (instrumental teacher). However, at 16 if you are musical you could advertise yourself as available to teach beginners on your instrument/voice, and charge about £10 p/h which is very good for that age!
£10 an hour - Exhausting my soul by "attempting" to teach Mathematics to little brats who'd rather spend an hour talking about Messi's new boots. -.-
Original post by Topmanfaz

£10 an hour - Exhausting my soul by "attempting" to teach Mathematics to little brats who'd rather spend an hour talking about Messi's new boots. -.-

are you an independent tutor?
Original post by FunkeyMunkey

are you an independent tutor?

No, work for a tuition centre. I started off at £6 (3 years ago) but teaching can be very psychologically draining, especially after a hard day at university.

Independent tutors get paid an upwards of £15/20 an hour but it's a demanding role; I wouldn't go down that path until you have 3/4 years experience.

No, work for a tuition centre. I started off at £6 (3 years ago) but teaching can be very psychologically draining, especially after a hard day at university.

Independent tutors get paid an upwards of £15/20 an hour but it's a demanding role; I wouldn't go down that path until you have 3/4 years experience.

I asked because I am a tutor myself currently (also a tuition centre) but only get 6.50ph :frown: Is your centre a well known one?

I asked because I am a tutor myself currently (also a tuition centre) but only get 6.50ph :frown: Is your centre a well known one?

Ah, I was in the same boat as you, do you work for Asians (more specifically, Pakistanis)?

My centre is relatively unknown. In fact, it only sprung up last year but I take on some advisory roles hence the pay.
£7.25 p/h at Maccy D's and gonna ask for a patties tomorrow...I'm 20
I get 7.98 an hour working at Waitrose. It's a great place to work as they scrapped U18 pay, which most places still have in place, so the lowest you'll ever be paid is £6.20. You get a pay review 6 months after you start and then once every 3 months after that. If you're doing you job well (no complaints, not much sickness etc) then it'll go up at each review. John Lewis Partnership is the best company to work for. Great reputation and you get a bonus as well. Also, we're not suffering as much as other companies from the economic situation, so you're not gonna lose your job. They can also transfer you to other stores around the country and will take you back in when you come home from uni during holidays. Not only do you get john lewis and waitrose discount, but you get discounts on LOADS of other stuff. The best bit is probably the half price festival tickets and the half price theme park tickets.

Failing that, large chains like M&S are also meant to be good, but there isn't the same rule where each worker owns a share of the company like there is in John Lewis.

I'm 17 by the way :smile:
Reply 36
At 16 I worked at a dry ski slope for £5.35 ish an hour...... back in 2002. No idea what they pay now, but it was very good pay back then :smile:

I've heard good things about Waitrose too. Only thing that bugs me about supermarkets is it's so difficult to get time off when you want it.
£6.08, I work in the bar in my halls of residence. Easiest money I've ever made.
Reply 38
Im 16 at the moment, and i get paid £4.74 ph at dunelm mill.
When i turn 17 on saturday, it goes up :smile:
Reply 39
Over Christmas I was paid £6.81 an hour to be an elf. The days were long and hellish though :cry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending