The Student Room Group

Suits

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bpool1994
Perhaps that was the intention: to create a character that was so genuinely unlikeable that you would identify and rally around Mike and Harvey even more. Besides it gives the writers an opportunity to have some antagonising force within the walls of the firm. :yep:

Or maybe he's just annoying. :confused:

Yes, the latter. He's so annoying! His voice, his head shape, his teeth, his cockiness without reason, the way he moves, HIS BREATHING!! I think the producers picked well if that was the character they were going for :redface:
Original post by TheGirlNextDoor
Yes, the latter. He's so annoying! His voice, his head shape, his teeth, his cockiness without reason, the way he moves, HIS BREATHING!! I think the producers picked well if that was the character they were going for :redface:

Agreed; the choice of actor was a great match to the character. God, I'd almost forgotten the teeth and the breathing; I can tell that his breathing is a issue with you certainly. :smile: :tongue:
Agreed; the choice of actor was a great match to the character. God, I'd almost forgotten the teeth and the breathing; I can tell that his breathing is a issue with you certainly. :smile: :tongue:

Okay, I'm glad you agree. So now I know that I'm not just being really picky :smile:
Lol, the breathing bit was a joke obviously but the rest of them...
Okay, I'm glad you agree. So now I know that I'm not just being really picky :smile:
Lol, the breathing bit was a joke obviously but the rest of them...

I guess one thing to understand is that with Louis, there is no such thing as being really picky; in a way it's almost necessary to point out his long list of imperfections and flaws. :yes:

Hope I eased your fears a bit; you definitely weren't picky. :smile:
Reply 104
Amazing Tv Show ..
I have watched the first season and it's on of my favourite :P
I guess one thing to understand is that with Louis, there is no such thing as being really picky; in a way it's almost necessary to point out his long list of imperfections and flaws. :yes:

Hope I eased your fears a bit; you definitely weren't picky. :smile:

Yes I think that's what the producers were going for, and they did a great job of it! I also think he does a fantastic job being as annoying as he is! :tongue:
Yes I think that's what the producers were going for, and they did a great job of it! I also think he does a fantastic job being as annoying as he is! :tongue:

I do too; from watching I couldn't picture Louis being played by anyone else. The guy just fits; maybe not a good thing for him though. :tongue:
I do too; from watching I couldn't picture Louis being played by anyone else. The guy just fits; maybe not a good thing for him though. :tongue:

Well it's certainly a talent! I mean, he does it very well :smile:

What do you think of Kyle?
Well it's certainly a talent! I mean, he does it very well :smile:

What do you think of Kyle?

Bit of a tool if I'm perfectly honest with you. :smile: What do you think?
Bit of a tool if I'm perfectly honest with you. :smile: What do you think?

I don't think he's a tool, I think he's the whole set, and the box too! The cheek of that man; he just kept on touching Rachel when she clearly wasn't happy about it grrr... Just made me angry :angry:
Reply 110
love this show it is awesome seen whole season one!
I don't think he's a tool, I think he's the whole set, and the box too! The cheek of that man; he just kept on touching Rachel when she clearly wasn't happy about it grrr... Just made me angry :angry:

lol :biggrin:

He was a bit of a creep anyway and that whole Rachel thing just made it worse :yep: Maybe he knew Mike wanted her and he was trying to flaunt or make a move on Rachel. :angry: I don't know. Let's definitely say he's a creep though. :smile:

Another Suits-related question (making a habit of these) :smile:
If you worked as a lawyer at the firm, would you be a:
a) Mike-type: Empathetic, skilled in memory but a bit soft and naive
b) Harvey-type: Break rules to win cases but not take all the credit when it's a group effort and is very sharply dressed
c) Louis-type: Cold, likes mind games and will take as much credit as he can but very skilled
lol :biggrin:

He was a bit of a creep anyway and that whole Rachel thing just made it worse :yep: Maybe he knew Mike wanted her and he was trying to flaunt or make a move on Rachel. :angry: I don't know. Let's definitely say he's a creep though. :smile:

Another Suits-related question (making a habit of these) :smile:
If you worked as a lawyer at the firm, would you be a:
a) Mike-type: Empathetic, skilled in memory but a bit soft and naive
b) Harvey-type: Break rules to win cases but not take all the credit when it's a group effort and is very sharply dressed
c) Louis-type: Cold, likes mind games and will take as much credit as he can but very skilled

Yep, he's a weirdo creep :yep:

I think I'd be a Marvey: Empathetic, skilled in memory, sharply-dressed, always wins.

But of course whichever one I picked I'd be a guy lol :smile:
Yep, he's a weirdo creep :yep:

I think I'd be a Marvey: Empathetic, skilled in memory, sharply-dressed, always wins.

But of course whichever one I picked I'd be a guy lol :smile:

Probably what I'd pick too but I wouldn't have had the idea to call it Marvey, well done! :smile:

Oh, it's OK; you can be a female version; did I not make it clear? :tongue: :wink: Obviously being a guy upsets you... :redface:
Probably what I'd pick too but I wouldn't have had the idea to call it Marvey, well done! :smile:

Oh, it's OK; you can be a female version; did I not make it clear? :tongue: :wink: Obviously being a guy upsets you... :redface:

Thank you *bows* :biggrin:

No, it doesn't upset me, but since I've been a girl all my life lol... :mmm:
Thank you *bows* :biggrin:

No, it doesn't upset me, but since I've been a girl all my life lol... :mmm:

You're welcome :biggrin:

OK then; don't worry, I'll never ask any questions that might involve you being a guy :wink:

Speaking of which, another question; say you were Donna and Louis is trying to talk you into going to the theatre/ballet/being his assistant etc. What would you say or do that would make him go away? :smile:
You're welcome :biggrin:

OK then; don't worry, I'll never ask any questions that might involve you being a guy :wink:

Speaking of which, another question; say you were Donna and Louis is trying to talk you into going to the theatre/ballet/being his assistant etc. What would you say or do that would make him go away? :smile:

Haha, I don't mind if you ask them :smile:

Erm, I'd tell him to go before I reveal his underwear secrets :ninja:

If you were Mike and you were going out with Jenny, would you have kissed Rachel back?
Haha, I don't mind if you ask them :smile:

Erm, I'd tell him to go before I reveal his underwear secrets :ninja:

If you were Mike and you were going out with Jenny, would you have kissed Rachel back?

Lol, I would have accepted telling him the date that makes him shut up and leave; wonder what happened there? :smile:

Hmm, this is a tricky one; I would obviously like Jenny a lot and wouldn't want to ruin the relationship but this is Rachel we're on about here.
He would have liked Rachel a lot since they met and there's a lot of chemistry there; I'd want to see if there's a spark :smile:

I probably would have done but would feel really guilty afterwards :redface:

What about you? :smile:

Also, if you were Jessica and you found out Mike didn't go to Harvard and get a law degree, what would you do about it?
Lol, I would have accepted telling him the date that makes him shut up and leave; wonder what happened there? :smile:

Hmm, this is a tricky one; I would obviously like Jenny a lot and wouldn't want to ruin the relationship but this is Rachel we're on about here.
He would have liked Rachel a lot since they met and there's a lot of chemistry there; I'd want to see if there's a spark :smile:

I probably would have done but would feel really guilty afterwards :redface:

What about you? :smile:

Also, if you were Jessica and you found out Mike didn't go to Harvard and get a law degree, what would you do about it?

Oh yes; the date! I knew there was something! I couldn't remember it was the date though! Was it 1983?

I might've kissed her back just because I spent all that time flirting and I'd probably regret it later on. I wouldn't do that in real life though; if I'm with someone then I'd be loyal to them :yep:

I'd probably be really mad if I were Jessica but then again, Harvey recruited him and I trust Harvey. Also, Mike has improved a lot and he has some talent to bring to the firm so I'd reconsider and let him stay :smile:
Oh yes; the date! I knew there was something! I couldn't remember it was the date though! Was it 1983?

I might've kissed her back just because I spent all that time flirting and I'd probably regret it later on. I wouldn't do that in real life though; if I'm with someone then I'd be loyal to them :yep:

I'd probably be really mad if I were Jessica but then again, Harvey recruited him and I trust Harvey. Also, Mike has improved a lot and he has some talent to bring to the firm so I'd reconsider and let him stay :smile:

I think it was some time around the 1980's :s-smilie:

Totally, if I were with someone I wouldn't consider it for a second :yep:

I'd probably just keep it quiet; Mike has some skills and he has actually passed the bar exam as well as prove himself time again with the odd setback. :redface:
I think it might just show Jessica that you don't need a law degree from Harvard to do well as a lawyer so I'd let him stay :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest