The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham formal dress code question

I am a woman, but I really do not like wearing dresses. Never really have. Most of the formal dress codes I've seen only mention dresses for the ladies and suits for the guys. I was wondering if there was any flexibility for this (ik that it'll probably depend on the college). It's not the end of the world if I do have to, I'd probably just like to know in advance so I can go out and actually buy some dresses to wear.
Reply 1
You don’t have to wear a dress - a suit / jumpsuit is absolutely fine!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am a woman, but I really do not like wearing dresses. Never really have. Most of the formal dress codes I've seen only mention dresses for the ladies and suits for the guys. I was wondering if there was any flexibility for this (ik that it'll probably depend on the college). It's not the end of the world if I do have to, I'd probably just like to know in advance so I can go out and actually buy some dresses to wear.

Hi there

Feel free to wear a suit if you want to, I would treat the gendered dress code as merely a suggestion so if you feel comfortable wearing a suit then go for it!

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest