The Student Room Group

A-Level Economics

I need to take a fourth subject which i will drop after AS. My first three are: History, Eng lit and socialolgy.
My fourth is either out of Economics, law or Gov&pol
which one has the heavist workload and which is most intresting?
Reply 1
Economics in my opinion is very interesting but it's obviously personal opinion on that one!

The workload is also quite minimal :smile:
Reply 2
I am doing AS Economic atm and is a decent subject. You learn how the economy operates, how one event affects the market. Why a natural disaster will cause rise in price of a good and etc.

However, depends what you want to do in Uni. If you want to do some thing law related, then choose law
Reply 3
I do Economics and Politics. I personally prefer Economics because I naturally think logically, and there isn't dates and events to remember. I find Politics dull, but as you're doing History then you may find it interesting. I have less homework from Economics, but this is probably more to do with the teachers than the actual course.
Good luck!
parryw
Reply 4
Started AS Economics this September - I found it tough at first, but it's actually pretty interesting (macroeconomics especially). There's not too much of a workload, but you'll have to take it upon yourself to read around the subject etc. I don't do the other two, but I'd say pick whatever you think you're going to enjoy the most/find most interesting. Good luck :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by ryanboi
I am doing AS Economic atm and is a decent subject. You learn how the economy operates, how one event affects the market. Why a natural disaster will cause rise in price of a good and etc.

However, depends what you want to do in Uni. If you want to do some thing law related, then choose law

Don't! A-level Law is generally not seen in a positive light by Law admissions tutors and tends to crop up on "limited suitability/less preferred A-levels" lists fairly often (just one example here).

I'd recommend Economics. The workload is not very heavy (there's no coursework and the content is, while fairly complex, not overwhelming) and it's very interesting most of the time.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest