The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Legendary
FP1 - 100
S1 - 100
D1 - 100
PHYA4-120 (Not sure how I actually got 120)
CHEM4 - 120

100 raw marks in CHEM4. :colondollar:

merked it BRUDDDDDDDDDDDDDA :tongue:
Original post by POWW!
What did you get for Business? I remember you revising a lot for it, I hope it payed off

It never :frown:

I got an E in BUSS3, but I got an A in my BUSS2 resit. :confused:

How did you do buddy? :smile:
Original post by catoswyn
Are these AS results?

I ask because one of my children started off doing Chemistry, Biology and Psychology. In her AS results she ended up with an E in chemistry, C in Biology and an A in Psychology.

She had got high grades in the hard sciences at school but realised the Chemistry was just something she wasn't going to get at A level and Biology was unlikely to get much better! She decided to swop subjects altogether and do an extra year at college. It worked really well. She ended up with four A's, an interview at Oxford and a place at Bristol. She also discovered a whole set of new subjects she loved and was naturally good at.

I'm not saying you can't succeed in Chemistry and Biology or are in the same position but I do feel for you right now.

:frown: Hug.

Almost exactly the same situation as me haha- I started off with AS Chemistry, Biology, psychology and Geography. in AS chem I got a D and a C in Biology.
I dropped them, and took up an AS in RS which I did in Y11.

Applied to Oxford but got rejected and now hopefully going to Bristol/Exeter :smile:
Rather similar haha
Reply 5983
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
It never :frown:

I got an E in BUSS3, but I got an A in my BUSS2 resit. :confused:

How did you do buddy? :smile:

That is quite a shame hopefully you'll do better in the resit?
I got a D in Buss3 and A's in my resits which is pretty surprising
Got AAC
A in OCR Sources of LAW and an A In PSYB1 on AQA :smile:
C in F211 on OCR Biology :frown: So dissapointed! Now just to decide when to retake :/
I find it funny when people dislike a post because they are jealous of your accomplishments.
I send my condolences to them
HOWEVER, WELL DONE EVERYONE!!!!
Reply 5986
Original post by nm786
did you do aqa unit 1 psychology?

Yes, the results were really weird. We all thought it was a good paper but people who do really well in class, test performed badly. A nearby sixth form 21 out of 23 students got a U in it, it made me feel better about myself.
Reply 5987
I got aabbbd which I am happy about - my teacher is going to complaing about the marking for PSYA3 as both my teachers think it was dodgy (the best grade just scraped an A and the worst being 28/100 UMS! :s).
Going to resit the d, which was in BUSS3, don't know how I got that grade honestly but got an A in both SCLY3 AND SCLY2 :biggrin: managed to get my d in BUSS2 up to a B but I am getting it remarked as I was one mark from an A! :smile:
Just received my bio 4 grade - 70/90
I honestly thought i did better, so i'm thinking of remarking.
As of now I need 99/150 in unit 5 which is a C to get an A overall in Biology. But I am also considering going for the A*
There's also a possibility that the remark may go down!

Just wanted to make sure that at the end, they take the best grade for each module?
Because i'm considering applying for the retake and if my mark goes up, then attending the retake without any revision, and if it goes down, perharps revising for it.

Is it possible to cancel a retake after you have paid for it?

Feedback would be incredibly helpful, thanks! :smile:
Anyone know where I can get the mark scheme for BUSS3 pls?
Reply 5990
Is it me or is everyone having problems with marking?! D:
Original post by j0hn
You're right actually, it's just an A, I realised that after when I got my raw mark, doesn't matter either way though I'm just chuffed to get an A. She (teacher) was telling me all year how I was getting like Ds and Es then somehow in the real thing I did good.

sorry for bringing you down, i thought something might have been wrong with my marking, anyways well done on proving your teachers wrong and achieving a mark that they didn't believe you would get, i bet she feels stupid and is dreading the fact that she may have to say sorry. WELL DONE
(edited 12 years ago)
Is a b in c1 good?
Reply 5993
Original post by Jakeeyy
Is it me or is everyone having problems with marking?! D:

Probably. My college is having issues with AQA English Lit B - one person in the year got above a D.
Erm, i failed.
Original post by bhogs001
Is a b in c1 good?

For a first attempt, in your AS year, it's pretty good. Resit in the summer for the A.
Original post by battsa
Guys you probably shouldn't talk about today's M1 paper YET. I think we are advised to wait until 4:30am tomorrow to give everyone a chance to do it.

Oh do shut up, that is the most ridiculous comment to make.
Can someone answer me this, i think i'm going to have a third attempt at an exam, if i get a lower grade will my previous one count? :/
Reply 5998
Original post by Starlight94
Erm, i failed.

*Hug* I did badly :smile:
Results

A2
Core 3 Edexcel : 84/100 (A)
Chemistry OCR B F334: 72/90 (A - Just)

I'll be resitting Core 3 to aim for an A* in maths and probably should have done better in chemistry. I'm getting both scripts back to have a look at where I went wrong.

AS Resits
Physics Unit 2 (Edexcel): 120/120 from 94
Chemistry F332 : 135/150 from 101
Maths C1 : 95/100 from 79

This puts my AS Grades for Physics and Chemistry up to Highish As, 88% and 87% respectively, Maths was already an A but is now 94%

Overall very happy. I was very surprised at how well I did in Physics and Chemistry, especially physics, I did not think the exam would go THAT well. I can now confirm what I am going to put down as my firm and insurance for university.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest