The Student Room Group

Weight loss support + PICS :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I think you look great at either weight, good luck though!
Reply 21
Original post by KKKKatie

i was planning on simply eating less/ healthier (around 1300 cals a day?) and exercising a lot more, but what i really need help with is motivation!!

Just the fact you have such a sensible plan means you're already doing way better than most people who decide to lose weight, good luck!
Good luck! Planning to make the changes is the hardest bit. As said though don't try to lose too much in one go. I tried to lose weight quickly and it never worked but then I changed my lifestyle in my second year of uni (this current year) and in the first semester I lost 1/2 stone without particularly trying. Weight loss is always hard at uni because of alcohol but that is likely to be one of the hardest factors in your weight loss. Best of luck
me gusta:colone:
You look really nice in all the photos! Good luck with your weight loss!

I am also in the middle of loosing some weight/toning a bit but have hit a bit of a wall now!
You look gorgeous in all the pictures! I actually think you look sexier in the 'bigger' photos, maybe somewhere in between your current weight and old weight would be best?
Reply 26
I wouldn't say you need to get as skinny as you were before so don't take it too far and go for about two stone maybe?! Good luck :biggrin:
I agree...too skinny before. Maybe somewhere in between
I also agree that you have a lovely shape which was perhaps lost when you were a size 8-10....though it's up to you how much weight you need to lose until you feel sexy.

You're a pretty girl just take it slow and don't expect to lose huge amounts of weight dramatically. Sort out your diet (for a long term fix), do high intensity cardio a few times a week -even if it's dancing! and lift weights to improve your muscle tone, strength and metabolic rate

Good luck!
Reply 29
Best of luck in shifting the weight. Just keep on track/determined and I'm sure you'll be fine! If its any inspiration to you I used to be around 13st (2.5-3 years ago) and managed to get down to a toned 10st.
Original post by mikestraws
Totally off topic but KKK Katie?

Did you really think that one through? :wink:

Original post by XO*
I was just about to say you weren't that big in the first place, but KKK Kate? The ****...

Original post by G550NDH
Kkk Katie. 0_o.

She suffers from a stutter.
I actually think you looked better when you were, to some extent, curvy.
Reply 32
Your so pretty :smile: I'm the same as you and just want to feel better about myself and be fitter.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. IMO, you look more attractive when you're slimmer and a smaller dress size.

Good luck with your weight loss and change in lifestyle regime.
wouldsmash/10
Reply 35
Original post by uktotalgamer
wouldsmash/10

Totally, best looking size 16 I ever saw.
Reply 36
I think 1300cals is not enough - I would say that around 1500-1800cals would be ideal if you do some exercise too! I mean, if you eat only 1300cals/day for a long time your body will start to use your muscles as the source for energy.. I'm only saying this because, well let's say that I have a lot of experience when it comes to eating, loosing weight (and gaining wight) etc. The more important thing is that you eat healthy and regularly and try to change your whole lifestyle so you won't gain weight again! :smile: Anyway, good luck!

ps you're really pretty =)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by KKKKatie
Hey guys, I have recently decided i need to actually go on that diet and get healthy rather than just think about it!

at the moment I'm 5'8" weigh 85kg (bmi of 29.somethingishh?) and am a size 16

a few years ago I was a size 8-10 and would love to be something near this again!

i was planning on simply eating less/ healthier (around 1300 cals a day?) and exercising a lot more, but what i really need help with is motivation!!

I have attatched 2 pics from when i was a size 8-10 and a few at the weight i am now to compare.

ps. sorry for the pose-y pictures!

Im guessing you were a size 8 on the far left two photos? Anyway, I dont want to throw a spanner in the works here but I like you better in the photos on the left as I love curvier girls with boobs and booty. Think the majority of men do but I guess it depends what you want to do, do whatever feels best for you
Reply 38
No offence to her - but saying things like some of the stuff in this thread doesn't help overweight people to return to a healthy weight, at all. Saying "you're fine the way you are" or "you only need to lose a few lbs", okay, is nice, but doesn't help. It stopped me losing weight for years, and I had a BMI at one point of ~31, probably a bodyfat percentage of ~35%. If people think they're fine how they are they won't change their habits, and just continue to get bigger and less healthier.

She looked much better before. She has a pretty face and holds her weight quite well, but definitely looked better before. She probably was a bit thin before, but not by too much.

Also, sigh at all the WK'ing in this thread.

Congrats op on deciding to do something about it anyway - it's hard work, but one of the most rewarding things you can do. Much of the nation seems to just let go and never turn back as it gains weight - so having the willpower to do something about it and sort it out is great..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mituozo
No offence to her - but saying things like that doesn't help overweight people to return to a healthy weight, at all. Saying "you're fine the way you are" or "you only need to lose a few lbs", okay, is nice, but doesn't help. It stopped me losing weight for years, and I had a BMI at one point of ~31, probably a bodyfat percentage of ~35%.

She looked much better before. She has a pretty face and holds her weight quite well, but definitely looked better before.

Also, sigh at all the WK'ing in this thread.

That's your opinion. There are many guys out there who like bigger girls, many more than you think (although there's a lot of white knighting here I agree). In the end though, she should just do what she wants.

Quick Reply

Latest