The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oli_G
It's the same for me.

I did quite a lot over Easter and finished the notes for everything etc. Ever since i've done very little revision except a few past papers.

Same here, I felt I did so much in easter...all I'm doing now is past papers but I really need to read over my notes again :/

Forgotten most of the 5 bajillion equations we have to learn for AQA Chem :/
Ah Goddamit, rejected from St. Andrews sutton trust, wonder if it was because of acess requirements or grades :frown:
I've been doing so much maths revision and not enough of anything else :s-smilie:. Now I'm doing fine in all maths past papers (although I always seem to do so much worse in the actual thing...) but getting low As/Bs in bio. Anyone else find bio their hardest subject?
Original post by Orinincandenza
Ah Goddamit, rejected from St. Andrews sutton trust, wonder if it was because of acess requirements or grades :frown:

Ahhh unlucky :frown:

Probably access requirements, my year head told me they prioritise more based on what type of school you go to, and if your parents have been to uni etc.
Reply 2384
Original post by Holz888
I've been doing so much maths revision and not enough of anything else :s-smilie:. Now I'm doing fine in all maths past papers (although I always seem to do so much worse in the actual thing...) but getting low As/Bs in bio. Anyone else find bio their hardest subject?

Yes, it soo hard! the aqa seem to word the questions weirdly... ooh i made bio notes but have lost them :frown:
Reply 2385
Original post by Holz888

I think the problems with bio for me are that the material is just so wordy, there's just so much content and it's overwhelming sometimes. I always dread note taking because I end up just taking ages to get down a double page spread and actually absorb it. Chem is the opposite, it's logic, it's condensed, and I can do my own thing in lessons, learn the way I do and do well. Bio, I have to make sure I absorb what I can in lessons and then do my own thing at home to cover what's (inevitably) missed out.

my second problem is that (well in OCR at least) they ask questions with answers in the mark scheme that could be argued either way. The questions can be worded so confusingly that you miss the point completely. Big one here, sometimes they ask questions that are nothing to do with what's on the spec, and you have to guess (they call it 'applying knowledge'. That's BS, we all know they're just running out of questions to ask, and want to reduce the % of people getting 90+ UMS).

I'll end the rant now
heyy, not been on here in a while!
how is everyone? :smile:
Have you guys found time to do volunteering? ive skived for like a month now because of all the work i have :eek:

is anyone doing past papers for bio/phys/chem yet? I dont really feel ready to do any yet :s-smilie:
Reply 2387
Original post by IAmMclovin
Have you guys found time to do volunteering? ive skived for like a month now because of all the work i have :eek:

is anyone doing past papers for bio/phys/chem yet? I dont really feel ready to do any yet :s-smilie:

I still do 2 hours after work on saturdays lol. Not too difficult for me because it's only 2 hours, although it means when I get home I just feel too tired to get down to any of my books.
Reply 2388

Hi!
Im alright thanks! How are you? :smile:
I do 2 hours on a Tuesday and 4 hours Wednesday night, its alright, a bit of a break from revision really :L I've been doing chem past papers, but the really old ones and I've been needing to look at my notes a few times :redface: i dont feel at all ready for bio or physics :/:/

I've been doing 2 hours Tuesday night, 2 hours Wednesday night, 1 hour Friday night and 3 hours on Saturdays then tomorrow I've got another 8 hours.... its hard to fit it all in alongside revision but its a nice break and if not I just take revision with me :smile:
Original post by Pride

my second problem is that (well in OCR at least) they ask questions with answers in the mark scheme that could be argued either way. The questions can be worded so confusingly that you miss the point completely. Big one here, sometimes they ask questions that are nothing to do with what's on the spec, and you have to guess (they call it 'applying knowledge'. That's BS, we all know they're just running out of questions to ask, and want to reduce the % of people getting 90+ UMS).

I'll end the rant now

Could not agree more :P OCR science papers are becoming a bit of a joke :wink:
Original post by Natalie21
I've been doing 2 hours Tuesday night, 2 hours Wednesday night, 1 hour Friday night and 3 hours on Saturdays then tomorrow I've got another 8 hours.... its hard to fit it all in alongside revision but its a nice break and if not I just take revision with me :smile:

Natalie you're crazy :wink:

I've found time for my 2 hours SJA Wednesdays and 3 hours hospital volunteering on Saturdays, but no more! :tongue:
Original post by Holz888

Biology unit two is a pain in *** I know eveyrthing but the mark scheme is so picky.

Im finding maths c2 hard aswell, but chemistry easy :smile:
Original post by erniiee
Natalie you're crazy :wink:

I've found time for my 2 hours SJA Wednesdays and 3 hours hospital volunteering on Saturdays, but no more! :tongue:

Hahaha I don't want to give any of it up though :P

I'm going to have spent 12 hours at SJA this week :P

Whats SJA btw??
(edited 12 years ago)

My effing gawwwd! Commitment:wink:
Reply 2396
Original post by Richyp22

Whats SJA btw??

st johns ambulance
Original post by Richyp22

Whats SJA btw??

St John Ambulance :smile:

Original post by erniiee
My effing gawwwd! Commitment:wink:

I know right :wink: Tomorrow might be cancelled if this rain carries on though :P
Original post by Pride
st johns ambulance

No s :P
St John Ambulance :smile:

I know right :wink: Tomorrow might be cancelled if this rain carries on though :P

Ah my duty today got cancelled today :tongue:
No s :P

Yea I noticed this some time back, and now endeavour to spell it correctly everywhere :wink: I wonder why there's no s.

Latest

Trending

Trending