The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Libby18
ah when are you doing yours? I have a mock tomorrow :frown:

We had our Part I today, part II on Wednesday or Friday and Part III over the holidays (because that's going to be beneficial :rolleyes: ) good luck- don't be suprised if it goes horrendously. The average score out of 8 in our class was 2. Scoring a mark is good! Once you get used to the mark schemes and stuff it will be much more clear. Revise accuracy, reliability etc. :smile:

Original post by Xotol
Hm my one was different.

AQA Physics ISA is a bitch. The experiments are piss easy but the paper is hard... and weird to say the least.

I got an A/B but I don't even know how. I'm considering it a U since I completely fluked it and deserved one.

Yeah! Compared to Chemistry (I do Edexcel) ISAs Physics' is so hard!

Is it a paper which is insanely difficult, or just ambiguous and vague?
Original post by oli_G
I lost a mark on one of mine for putting 1.00 not 1.000.

Ther was one like that nn the AQAa Chemostry exam: it asked for 84.0 and some people will lose marks because they put 84 -_-
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 381
Original post by NitroAbdi
I been to a conference called ATOM, Much similar to that.

When and where was it??
Reply 382
Original post by AtomicMan
Just saw this, made a quick application, the word limit made the abstract abit difficult to write on all four of the prompts, hopefully I win a ticket :smile: Are you going too?

Yep!
Applied for it yesterday,and hoping to win a ticket! :wink:
Did you apply for the Med-View one at KCL??
It's in April..
Oooh and are you going to that lecture this Wednesday?? :h:
Reply 383
Original post by AspiringGenius
We had our Part I today, part II on Wednesday or Friday and Part III over the holidays (because that's going to be beneficial :rolleyes: ) good luck- don't be suprised if it goes horrendously. The average score out of 8 in our class was 2. Scoring a mark is good! Once you get used to the mark schemes and stuff it will be much more clear. Revise accuracy, reliability etc. :smile:

really? :O we only get one attempt at it so i'm dreading it. Was that your real one or practice one? Also, do you know where there are any good resources (online perhaps) to prepare?
Reply 384
Original post by Orinincandenza
Nope, why is everything in London...:frown:

I was wondering if you guys'd be interested in a medic themed point of contention i was discussing earlier

Is this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome a credible medical disorder that deserves attention or merely an advanced form of culture shock?

(I took the former viewpoint)

Aw,where do you live?
You should move to London lol!
Then you wouldn't miss out opportunities like these!

Where are we discussing about that topic?
On this thread??
Original post by Orinincandenza
Nope, why is everything in London...:frown:

I was wondering if you guys'd be interested in a medic themed point of contention i was discussing earlier

Is this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome a credible medical disorder that deserves attention or merely an advanced form of culture shock?

(I took the former viewpoint)

Clearly falling in love with France indicates a mental disorder :lol:

:wink:
Original post by Boom533
Clearly falling in love with France indicates a mental disorder :lol:

:wink:

According to that wikipedia page it is nothing to do with falling in love with france, instead, to me, it seems that the negative aspect of being in France causes the japanese to lose their minds and develop this syndrome :sadnod:

"Paris Syndrome is characterized by a number of psychiatric symptoms such as acute delusional states, hallucinations, feelings of persecution (perceptions of being a victim of prejudice, aggression, or hostility from others), derealization, depersonalization, anxiety, and also psychosomatic manifestations such as dizziness, tachycardia, sweating, etc.["

Though to be fair you could class acute delusional states, derealisation (shut up spell checker, I'M right grrr), depersonalisation, anxiety, and psychosomatic manifestations as symptoms of love :mmm:

Stay cynical :awesome:
Forget Paris Syndrome, on TSR there is a definite pandemic of Oxbridge Syndrome.
Original post by Libby18
really? :O we only get one attempt at it so i'm dreading it. Was that your real one or practice one? Also, do you know where there are any good resources (online perhaps) to prepare?

It was our practice thank god. I don't know where therre are practice materials, perhaps on AQAs wen site?
Reply 389
Original post by NitroAbdi
I didn't see that, but i am not going. Are you considering?

I was going to apply, but I won't bother anymore. My mum and dad pushed to get themselves degrees while we lived in relative poverty. These schemes will probably assume we're rich...
Reply 390
Forget Paris Syndrome, on TSR there is a definite pandemic of Oxbridge Syndrome.

everybody loves a little bit of oxbridge
Original post by Pride
everybody loves a little bit of oxbridge

Naturally. This is The Student Room.
Reply 392
Naturally. This is The Student Room.

I don't get the hype personally lol. Especially for a course like medicine.

I may be one of those who has developed it :wink:
Reply 394
Original post by Varsh05
When and where was it??

http://www.atomconference.com/
its over for this year, but next september or november it will do it again.
Reply 395
Just got my confirmation for one week on a respiratory ward in Feb half term :biggrin:
Original post by Varsh05
Aw,where do you live?
You should move to London lol!
Then you wouldn't miss out opportunities like these!
Where are we discussing about that topic?
On this thread??

Bristol :smile:

and i was just chatting with friends.

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
According to that wikipedia page it is nothing to do with falling in love with france, instead, to me, it seems that the negative aspect of being in France causes the japanese to lose their minds and develop this syndrome :sadnod:

"Paris Syndrome is characterized by a number of psychiatric symptoms such as acute delusional states, hallucinations, feelings of persecution (perceptions of being a victim of prejudice, aggression, or hostility from others), derealization, depersonalization, anxiety, and also psychosomatic manifestations such as dizziness, tachycardia, sweating, etc.["

Though to be fair you could class acute delusional states, derealisation (shut up spell checker, I'M right grrr), depersonalisation, anxiety, and psychosomatic manifestations as symptoms of love :mmm:

Stay cynical :awesome:

Yeah i think it's really interesting where we draw the line between just personality and emotional phenomena and medical issues.

ADHD for instance, historically something people would've dismissed as laziness or demotivation but now widely treated and diagnosed.
Original post by Gcayte
Im gonna start ringing tomorrow I think, theres one at the bottom of my street, would be so handy if theyd have me :smile:

Congrats on getting in somewhere, what did you say when you rang up? :smile:

"hi, im xxx, from xxx college/school and im ringing to ask if i could volunteer at your care home"

i dont think thats very good though, i must have rung something like 30 care homes :colonhash:

do you volunteer anywhere else? :smile:
Reply 398
It was our practice thank god. I don't know where therre are practice materials, perhaps on AQAs wen site?

ah what about the real one, when do you have yours?
thanks
Reply 399
Original post by IAmMclovin
"hi, im xxx, from xxx college/school and im ringing to ask if i could volunteer at your care home"

i dont think thats very good though, i must have rung something like 30 care homes :colonhash:

do you volunteer anywhere else? :smile:

Ah right :smile:
British Heart Foundation, starting at a hospice in March and thats about it. Id like to go to a care home too :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending