The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Holz888
Yeah! It's going pretty well actually. Although today I got so angry with myself because there was one sentence which I couldn't get perfect, so I'm going to have a fresh look at it tomorrow. Characters are fine, I was quite brutal from the start with what was going in and what wasn't. How's yours?

Mines actually gone perfectly, Finished it for a while now, so just getting it checked over by loads of people and and 1 or 2 Leeds medical students which helped alot.
Original post by rosie.king
Hi

Anyone got their UKCAT results for 2013 yet?

Can we keep a record them on here so we know where we stand

Cheers

Rosie
PS I got 622 disappointede

Don't be too disappointed, that score is still good enough for plenty of universities, plus there are ones that don't use it at all, and some that use the BMAT instead. As Harry pointed out, there's a thread for this already, but there are some trolls on the poll (hehe, rhyming), so don't be too scared by the amount of top scores. (Do, however, be scared of Natalie's ridiculous talent at everything medicine-related :wink:) I sat mine today and got 712.5, which I was chuffed with. But like I said, there are plenty of places where your result is just fine! :smile: Chin up
Hi

Anyone got their UKCAT results for 2013 yet?

Can we keep a record them on here so we know where we stand

Cheers

Rosie
PS I got 622 disappointede

Don't be disappointed, there are basically three options for the UKCAT

Under 600 (Cant really apply anywhere much)
600-670ish (Apply to almost everywhere, most people)
670ish+ (apply to UKCAT crazy unis like Kings and Newcastle)

I'm pretty much in the middle with you so dont worry:smile:
Reply 5983
Original post by Orinincandenza

What did you get? (if you don't mind me asking :smile:)
I managed 648.5, which on TSR is absolutely shocking.
Reply 5984

Thats given me hope! UKCAT tomorrow! Theres still time for more prep!
Original post by Bord3r
Anyone considering applying to two BMAT universities? I know it's a gamble but I really like the look of both Cambridge and UCL.

Me :smile: I want to apply to both Imperial and UCL.
Reply 5986
Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard

I really want to, but if the BMAT goes badly then I have wasted half of my choices, which scares me. I'll do some BMAT practice and see if it's manageable.
Original post by Satta101
Aw thank you! You're blog is great! So helpful! :smile:

Thank you, I really appreciate that! :smile:
Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard

Imperial requires high bmat entrance scores so it is somewhat a bigger risk, where as UCL you can make up for other areas i.e gcses or as levels or PS/reference :holmes: And cambridge you need high UMS but the bmat scoring isn't very clear :dontknow: Just helping!
Reply 5989
Original post by Theafricanlegend
Imperial requires high bmat entrance scores so it is somewhat a bigger risk, where as UCL you can make up for other areas i.e gcses or as levels or PS/reference :holmes: And cambridge you need high UMS but the bmat scoring isn't very clear :dontknow: Just helping!

UCL say on their website that those with a below average BMAT are unlikely to gain an offer, so although they have no cut off, it is still important
Original post by DarkAndTwisty
Don't be too disappointed, that score is still good enough for plenty of universities, plus there are ones that don't use it at all, and some that use the BMAT instead. As Harry pointed out, there's a thread for this already, but there are some trolls on the poll (hehe, rhyming), so don't be too scared by the amount of top scores. (Do, however, be scared of Natalie's ridiculous talent at everything medicine-related :wink:) I sat mine today and got 712.5, which I was chuffed with. But like I said, there are plenty of places where your result is just fine! :smile: Chin up

You slyly put your score there as well :sly:

Spoiler

Original post by Bord3r
UCL say on their website that those with a below average BMAT are unlikely to gain an offer, so although they have no cut off, it is still important

Yes fair enough but if you do meet that cut off which i think will be lower than imperial's then they will look at other things as well.

Aw Thanks a bunch that has cheered me up !!
Reply 5993
Yes fair enough but if you do meet that cut off which i think will be lower than imperial's then they will look at other things as well.

True, UCL do tend to look more at other stuff so that probably would "pull up" your overall application if you didn't nail the BMAT.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Bord3r
True, UCL do tend to look more at other stuff so that probably would "pull up" your BMAT.

Yes yes :u:

Aw Thanks Dark and Twisty -u have cheered me up

And BIG CONGRATS to you ! x R
Original post by Satta101
Thats given me hope! UKCAT tomorrow! Theres still time for more prep!

Why do you say Newcastle is crazy ???????
I'm looking at Kings but slightly put off by "London" costs, how much larger are the accomodation and living costs would you guys reckon?
You slyly put your score there as well :sly:

Spoiler

She did ask for it, haha. :tongue: Thanks.

Aw Thanks Dark and Twisty -u have cheered me up

And BIG CONGRATS to you ! x R

I'm really glad. Seriously, before my test today I just made sure I thought about how the UKCAT wasn't the be all and end all, and I realised that while a good score DOES help, an 'average' score (which I wouldn't even class yours as - yours is above average) doesn't necessarily hinder. If you're stuck for what unis to research, some unis you might want to look at are: Birmingham, Lancaster, Liverpool, Bristol, Oxbridge, UCL, Imperial, BSMS, UEA and a few more that don't quite jump to mind atm. OH, and Sheffield, who only want above 600, apparently :smile: And thank you!
She did ask for it, haha. :tongue: Thanks.

Oh. Awwwwwwwkward :facepalm2:

Latest

Trending

Trending