The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:ciao:

so is anyone off to the manchester HE fair in March? :ahee:
Reply 781
Original post by NitroAbdi
AHH sorry, yeh it was in cm so x10-3, i had the same problem, i just did 0.02m/1.61mx100= 1.24% to 3sf, that will be your percentage error. Double check with your teacher. the percentage uncertainty is +-1. in metres its 0.02, in cm its 2. I can't really explain it, I will try find a helpful site. :colondollar:
I think your teacher may help.

I think I understand, it seems right to me also. I will just go with that, and honestly I think some students know more about physics than my teacher :L I've never been told about this before haha. Thanks again! :biggrin:
Reply 782
Original post by dtwolves
I think I understand, it seems right to me also. I will just go with that, and honestly I think some students know more about physics than my teacher :L I've never been told about this before haha. Thanks again! :biggrin:

yes, sorry I think I may have may a mistake.

Apparatus error of something I.E ruler is +-1
percentage uncertainty= 0.01/100mx100= 0.01
percentage error is something else

Thanks again. Last post about this :redface:
Whats everyone doing for A Levels to do medicine? x
Reply 784
Original post by sophie0106

I do three sciences and double maths. (and the Extended project :rolleyes: )

Don't think you need to do anything like that though. Chem, Bio and two other academic subjects are all you need. :smile:
Superbowl. was. amazing. :O:O:O

I'm on like 6 hours sleep over the last 2 days though, so sleepy time now :P
Reply 786
Original post by Boom533

Original post by Boom533
Superbowl. was. amazing. :O:O:O

I'm on like 6 hours sleep over the last 2 days though, so sleepy time now :P

Wow, you must be dead :lol:

Have a nice sleep.
Original post by oli_G

Original post by oli_G
Wow, you must be dead :lol:

I am - but that's down to too much Wordsworth analysis. Sleep, I can do without. Bloody Romantic poets... I could REALLY do without :shakecane:

Spoiler

But how are you?

Spoiler

Thought I'd throw out my obligatory scare-factor into the mix :rolleyes:

As Oli said, you don't need to do that many. Just ensure you've got the Mandatory Chem + another science (90% of applicants have Biology, and tbh if you're aiming for medicine it's silly not to have that.)
Reply 789
Original post by Lily Academia

Spoiler

As Oli said, you don't need to do that many. Just ensure you've got the Mandatory Chem + another science (90% of applicants have Biology, and tbh if you're aiming for medicine it's silly not to have that.)

Or human biology :smile: Also wow :O that's an impressive set of AS!

Spoiler

Gosh why do you take so many ASs??!!!

Original post by AkDo
Or human biology :smile: Also wow :O that's an impressive set of AS!

Yep, or human. I'd kill for some human over the Ecology/Biodiversity sections we're currently having to put up with! :tongue:
Reply 792

I'm taking 4 straight to A2, Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Economics.
Original post by Pride
I would have taken that for GCSE and then A-level if they didn't require so much hard work and dedication, and then there's the subjectivity...

I feel for you.

:smile: yh i took it for gcse and got an a* (wow it was effort! so much work it was unbeliveeable. ) After that I was like never doing that again. But ended up taking it anyway for alevels because i didnt know what to pick as my fourth subjects and my parents wanted me to do a subject thats not too sciency. Helps with uni apparently. so i did. Man i wanto die now!! lol
i got my exam paper and i really donno what to do. I just wantted to know if anyone else has any ideas.
i guess no body took art!!

Spoiler

arghh! I am doing five but ... r u crazy. How do you cope? Fine art?? wow finallyI was looking for someone who does art but never found anyione .I am doing that too and just got my ocr exam paper. Iam stuck. don have a clue. how ur art going?

Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Art and design and general studies!

Biology, Chemistry, English Lit and Psychology. I intend to do the EPQ next year too :smile:
Does anyone know if universities can tell if you resit a january module in june during your AS year? :smile:
Original post by IAmMclovin
Does anyone know if universities can tell if you resit a january module in june during your AS year? :smile:

Nope, except Cambridge.
Original post by Orinincandenza
Nope, except Cambridge.

So what do universities mean when they dont accept resits, are they referring to AS module resits in A2 year? :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending