The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Subbing. Need to seriously buckle down :emo:
I have an essay due on Friday. I'm such a mess.
Target for tonight: Get lab report almost finished, minus NMR, so I can spend all night tomorrow night re-learning how to do it :sigh:
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Hello reading week :awesome:

Need to go to the library and do this essay :work:

:frown:... lucky for some......
Original post by Loz17
Target for tonight: Get lab report almost finished, minus NMR, so I can spend all night tomorrow night re-learning how to do it :sigh:

I now have 3 lab reports to get done by this week.... hello NMR's and IR's :|.
Original post by VanillaTwilight
I now have 3 lab reports to get done by this week.... hello NMR's and IR's :|.

Oh the life of a chemist :sigh: I can't even remember how to do proton NMR! I have an NMR assignment due in on friday too. Now I know the answers, but I don't know how I got there so I need to do that too.

I've 1 due this week, but at least 6, possibly 7 more due in 2 weeks time.
Oops... have done nothing on my dissertation plan today. Wrote my handover but frankly that is not particularly important. Bad Heather.
:frown:... lucky for some......

The joys of being a lazy arts student :colonhash:
Original post by Loz17
Oh the life of a chemist :sigh: I can't even remember how to do proton NMR! I have an NMR assignment due in on friday too. Now I know the answers, but I don't know how I got there so I need to do that too.

I've 1 due this week, but at least 6, possibly 7 more due in 2 weeks time.

Gutted! I've done done 1 but need to hand it in.. the other 3 I've not even started :facepalm:

Omg same! I need to do IR, C13 NMR and H1 NMR for most of my reports, and I cannae remember how to do them :|. Google here I come :biggrin:
The joys of being a lazy arts student :colonhash:

The joys of being a chemist :mad:
The joys of being a chemist :mad:

The joys of actually getting a job at the end of your degree :wink: (as an arts student I will never know this joy)
Quite a productive day, although I've not got much work being the first day of Semester 2. Got up at 6.15 and went for a run - most exercise I've done in a loooong time. Made every lecture (even the "revision" lecture going over last semesters stuff, which was immensely boring).
Gutted! I've done done 1 but need to hand it in.. the other 3 I've not even started :facepalm:

Omg same! I need to do IR, C13 NMR and H1 NMR for most of my reports, and I cannae remember how to do them :|. Google here I come :biggrin:

Oh dear! I can't remember any either. If you need them, my lecturer posts some good sites for both 13C and proton NMR so I can get some links for you if you like? They're likely to be better than the usual crap google comes back with.

IR I'm getting really good at now because I'm always doing it, but only if I know what the structure is in the 1st instance :p:
Reply 593
2 Lectures and 2 Seminars tommorow. *sobs* Which is a lot considering it is 4 out of my 9 contact hours of the week. :tongue:

I can't believe I already have an assignment for next monday, usually I am waiting over a month until I have an essay deadline. It's only 1000 words and 20% of my module but still ...
I also need to go to my lecturer with my idea for my essay and she what she says, as well as pick a question for my other module, these aren't due until late march but I want to be on the ball with essays so I have time to improve the inevitably awful first drafts.

Better go prepare for tommorows seminars... :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
In a very good mood at the moment - just had a great society meeting. Plus finally picked up books for my American History presentation on the Cold War- going to start reading through the first one tonight.
Reply 595
LOL about to go speed dating. Our hall's put it on... I can only wonder how this night will end up.
The joys of actually getting a job at the end of your degree :wink: (as an arts student I will never know this joy)

Who knows mabye the market in a few years time will be better :tongue:. I'm sure you'll get a job somewhere :cool:

Original post by Loz17
Oh dear! I can't remember any either. If you need them, my lecturer posts some good sites for both 13C and proton NMR so I can get some links for you if you like? They're likely to be better than the usual crap google comes back with.

IR I'm getting really good at now because I'm always doing it, but only if I know what the structure is in the 1st instance :p:

Yeah that would be great thanks :biggrin: :hugs:

This semester I'm not doing spec at all, hence why I can't remember it haha. Once I passed the exam I was like "Yas no more spec this year" and in lab reports it's about spec :|
Original post by avash27
LOL about to go speed dating. Our hall's put it on... I can only wonder how this night will end up.

get your sexy on
Yeah that would be great thanks :biggrin: :hugs:

This semester I'm not doing spec at all, hence why I can't remember it haha. Once I passed the exam I was like "Yas no more spec this year" and in lab reports it's about spec :|

http://www2.chemistry.msu.edu/faculty/reusch/VirtTxtJml/Spectrpy/nmr/nmr1.htm
http://www.chem.ucla.edu/~webspectra/

They're the best. I'm getting good at 13C calculations and can explain them if needs be too.

You'll never get away from spectroscopy I'm afraid. Essential part of chemistry!
Original post by Loz17
http://www2.chemistry.msu.edu/faculty/reusch/VirtTxtJml/Spectrpy/nmr/nmr1.htm
http://www.chem.ucla.edu/~webspectra/

They're the best. I'm getting good at 13C calculations and can explain them if needs be too.

You'll never get away from spectroscopy I'm afraid. Essential part of chemistry!

Haha yeah I realised that now :tongue:. I could do spec. in first year, but meh this year it's getting harder.

Latest

Trending

Trending