The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hothedgehog
What the hell body... I deprive you of sleep for the weekend and yet you still wake me up after only 7 hours today.... oh well, time to watch Hustle. Also, over the weekend on rally I got elected onto the national ssago committee which I think is super exciting! :biggrin:

Glad to hear you had a good time on the rally and congrats about the ssago committee.

It seems odd that in September I didn't know what that stood for (I still don't now but at least I have a better understanding - or I know when to nod appropriately in house conversations) Surprising what half a year of living with a Scout leader and a Brownie volunteer can do to you :smile:
Original post by VanillaTwilight
PANCAKES! :biggrin: Not had them in years :eek: Out of curiosity... how do you make them at home :s-smilie:

No idea. Going to Google it :biggrin:

I feel really dizzy :erm:
Original post by ellejaytee
Glad to hear you had a good time on the rally and congrats about the ssago committee.

It seems odd that in September I didn't know what that stood for (I still don't now but at least I have a better understanding - or I know when to nod appropriately in house conversations) Surprising what half a year of living with a Scout leader and a Brownie volunteer can do to you :smile:

It stands for student scout and guide organisation (not association as our banner says - oops!).. watch out, they'll convert you soon enough. I wasn't even a scout when I joined uni and now i'm on the national committee - amazing how times change!
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
No idea. Going to Google it :biggrin:

I feel really dizzy :erm:

About 200g of flour, one egg, milk beaten in with a whisk until it's a thin paste. Then chill it for about an hour and heat up a frying pan with a knob of butter in (make sure it's very hot) and ladle a little bit in - swirl around the pan, when it starts to set gently tease the edges up like you would an omelette, make sure it's all loosened and flip it and cook the other side :yy:
Original post by kiss_me_now9
About 200g of flour, one egg, milk beaten in with a whisk until it's a thin paste. Then chill it for about an hour and heat up a frying pan with a knob of butter in (make sure it's very hot) and ladle a little bit in - swirl around the pan, when it starts to set gently tease the edges up like you would an omelette, make sure it's all loosened and flip it and cook the other side :yy:

Thank youuuuu :awesome:
Reply 785
I am going to read a 29 page article on 'A Moral Economy of Corruption in Africa' then I am going home and having a few hours sleep before preparing for my Ireland seminar. Tommorow is going to be a looong day, 2 seminars and 2 lectures! I will be at Uni from 8:30 to at least 6. :s-smilie:
I was looking forward to buying a pancake or two from a uni cafe tomorrow until I remembered I'm not at uni, I'm at home, and haven't had a chance to buy any pancakes.
Reply 787
All I want to do is watch University Challenge... why does the internet in halls ALWAYS fail me when I try to watch iPlayer?! :colonhash:
Reply 788
Original post by avash27
All I want to do is watch University Challenge... why does the internet in halls ALWAYS fail me when I try to watch iPlayer?! :colonhash:

Watched that today, time spent very well after 7 hours of contact time...zzzzz
Been up since 8am and have done NOTHING :emo: ... i need to get a move on :sadnod: ....
Never again will I leave a report until the last day. This caused me having to drive to uni at half 11 pm with energy drinks and munchies to work with a friend on the report in a computer lab in halls over night. We were done by half 4 in the morning and didn't get any sleep until the reports were handed in at 9 am.

I feel so weak. Never again. I will also never touch an energy drink ever again.
Original post by BeyondandAbove
Never again will I leave a report until the last day. This caused me having to drive to uni at half 11 pm with energy drinks and munchies to work with a friend on the report in a computer lab in halls over night. We were done by half 4 in the morning and didn't get any sleep until the reports were handed in at 9 am.

I feel so weak. Never again. I will also never touch an energy drink ever again.

I said 'never again' last semester...but if I don't hurry up with this disser-bloody-tation I'm going have Red Bull coming out of my flipping ears.
I don't know where today has gone :/ Got back from my Dads around half 1 and only just about to work. And I'm meeting a friend later.
Okay guys, who wants to join me in actually getting serious about uni? I've been taking the piss for too long and now it's not just affecting my grades but my health - I can't sleep because I'm so worried about how I'm pissing away this opportunity.

Maybe we could log our hours or something? Motivate each other and so on? Surely someone else needs the kick up the arse I do?
Saw supervisor to get some tips - he doesn't seem concerned that I'm not very far into the writing process... I can only presume this is a good thing...
Reply 795
I decided I'd pay my internet in installments and I've been cut off. It won't let me pay the second installment and will only let me pay for a full year. NO WAY.
Reply 796
Original post by Aemiliana
Okay guys, who wants to join me in actually getting serious about uni? I've been taking the piss for too long and now it's not just affecting my grades but my health - I can't sleep because I'm so worried about how I'm pissing away this opportunity.

Maybe we could log our hours or something? Motivate each other and so on? Surely someone else needs the kick up the arse I do?

I could do with one. I had one productive day at the weekend and have basically done **** all since. Bad marks seem to demotivate me further rather than give me a kick up the backside.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kim-x
I could do with one. I had one productive day at the weekend and have basically done **** all since. Bad marks seem to demotivate me further rather than give me a kick up the backside.

Awesome! I propose that we annoy each other if the other hasn't done enough work. :yep:
Reply 798
Original post by Aemiliana
Awesome! I propose that we annoy each other if the other hasn't done enough work. :yep:

Definitely. I've half done the notes I told myself I'd do by 8am this morning, and they're rubbish. Must start again. New start and all of that.

Reading week starts as of 12pm tomorrow... make me read. It would be a complete waste of time and money not to after paying for a train fare so that I don't have noisy flatmates to contend with. I swear the girl next door is a hyena on laughing gas today.
Original post by Kim-x
Definitely. I've half done the notes I told myself I'd do by 8am this morning, and they're rubbish. Must start again. New start and all of that. Reading week starts as of 12pm tomorrow... make me read. It would be a complete waste of time and money not to after paying for a train fare so that I don't have noisy flatmates to contend with. I swear the girl next door is a hyena on laughing gas today.

Haha, oh dear! Noisy flatmates are the worst!

I've been meaning to do work at work too but I've not done much. Let's get down to work now!

Latest

Trending

Trending