The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Weeell, its 11:20 and I've only just woke up. Today's gonna be productive :erm:
Got woke up at 10:40 by a cleaner, who then left because I had toiletries in my bathroom :s-smilie:
Going to hopefully do some revision today.
Got 4 hours sleep and not really that tired :eek:
MOST STRESSFUL NIGHT OF MY LIFE LAST NIGHT. I've completed my assignment on Friday. I went on a weekend climbing trip with the university and proof read it etc. came back last night to correct the mistakes I've made and do the references.

THEN. IT. WOUDLNT. SAVE.

didn't understand why. Opened a new word doc it still wouldn't save. it was about 10pm now. Deadline at midnight cue panic!!!!

Copy whole document. Sent it to myself via email.

Fix word

11pm

Word fixed.

Copy back into word and try to fix references.

Don't have enough time

11:30. Go to turn it in. Have to fill out a form. Cant submit more than one document on turn it in. Need to submit two

11:55

I'll just submit my essay.

Now I feel anxious about it. I lost about 50 words somewhere. References wasnt correct. I'm not gonna get my 2:1 like I hoped now :frown:. Just checked turnitin 29% similar. Threw up in my mouth :frown:
Coupling constants suck... :emo:

Ah well, watching the Mentalist in the ''background'' :colone:
Original post by Nirgilis

Semi.... procrastination- doing it right :colone:
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
Semi.... procrastination- doing it right :colone:

In a way, it helps me concentrate :colone: . When I daydream, my mind wonders for 15-20 minutes :tongue: . Having a ''concentrator'' (as I like to call it :proud: ) means I watch 2, maybe 3 minutes at a time, increasing my productivity exponentially :ahee:

No-one else seems to understand however :tongue:
I have an essay to write today that's due on Wednesday.

But I have a meal tonight and a Christmas party to sort out tomorrow with food and decorations and everything that's going to take up hours. Plus I have a bookkeeping class tomorrow too. I am so stressed out. I literally only have today to write it and instead I'm playing Papers, Please because communism is more fun than data structures.
So tired and lost all motivation :erm: guess going into uni can't hurt as such :tongue:

Original post by Ducklighter
MOST STRESSFUL NIGHT OF MY LIFE LAST NIGHT. I've completed my assignment on Friday. I went on a weekend climbing trip with the university and proof read it etc. came back last night to correct the mistakes I've made and do the references.

THEN. IT. WOUDLNT. SAVE.

didn't understand why. Opened a new word doc it still wouldn't save. it was about 10pm now. Deadline at midnight cue panic!!!!

Fix word

11pm

Word fixed.

Don't have enough time

11:30. Go to turn it in. Have to fill out a form. Cant submit more than one document on turn it in. Need to submit two

Now I feel anxious about it. I lost about 50 words somewhere. References wasnt correct. I'm not gonna get my 2:1 like I hoped now :frown:. Just checked turnitin 29% similar. Threw up in my mouth :frown:

Oh no :frown: so sad to hear this :frown: :hugs:
Original post by + polarity -
hi guys, I was wondering if I could ask you something :colondollar:

I'm feeling rather demotivated and constantly tired (who isn't, right?) and my parents, surprise surprise, have suggested I go home this weekend for a change of scenery. But I don't feel like I can. Do you have any other ideas?

What really helps me, and I should be doing this more often, is going for a walk in a nice area. Helps clear the head, you get to see something nice, you get some sunlight (if the sun is shining, but really getting to see the sky and feel the fresh air is already pretty great) and overall a nice refreshing feeling. Go back home, perhaps take a warm shower/bath, and then get ready to do some work.
Original post by cpdavis
So tired and lost all motivation :erm: guess going into uni can't hurt as such :tongue:

Oi you :tongue: . You owe me a PM! :tongue:
In a way, it helps me concentrate :colone: . When I daydream, my mind wonders for 15-20 minutes :tongue: . Having a ''concentrator'' (as I like to call it :proud: ) means I watch 2, maybe 3 minutes at a time, increasing my productivity exponentially :ahee:

No-one else seems to understand however :tongue:

Good idea, I am the same, my mind drifts really easily, so procrastinating 'productively' narrows the time in which ones mind drifts and limits said procrastination, increasing productivity, I get it :smile:
Good idea, hope it works :rolleyes:
Reply 9951
Was working all weekend as usuall but i actually got (some )stuff done!!

Emailed two people about providing refrences, decided defenetly on the PhDs im intrestes in and then emailed the supervisors. I hate sending emails as well. Get really worried ill sound stupid or waste peoples times so it alwayd takes me so much longer to send them.

PhD deadlines are fridays so just need to chase up my transcript if it isnt available by tomorrow and then spend the week making my personal statmentd awesome! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I keep putting off study because "I have an entire month for Christmas break! I'll do everything I need then!"

Uhh huh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carehow
I keep putting off study because "I have an entire month for Christmas break! I'll do everything I need then!"

Uhh huh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You took the words right out of my mouth! I keep postponing things and using the excuse of Christmas, but we all know that no one works during Christmas (or at least, I don't) :colondollar:

I know the feels bro - I stupidly didn't attend ~ half of my structural determination lectures. I need to pop into uni to collect 2 NMR's i submitted on friday. As I struggled to get the 40mg of stuff I needed, I'm expecting both of them to be crap. Hence I need to get into uni and pick this up before the inorganic lab managers office hours are over...
Wish uni would hurry on and give me my ******* marks. I know it's crap, I just want to know and move on.
Original post by carehow

Uhh huh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha so know what you mean! :biggrin:
I need to keep reminding myself that i'm going to be working full-time over xmas so don't actually have much time at all!

I have finished one of my essays now but my uni's turnitin portal isn't letting me in to submit it, rather annoying. I'm quite happy with it though.

The other one i've finished too but it's 3000 words and only has 11 references, probably half or slightly more of which are from the module reading list, so I should really do some more independent reading but it's so hard to bludy find for this topic and it will mean re-gigging my essay.

Someone give me a kick up the backside. :redface:
Original post by Ducklighter

THEN. IT. WOUDLNT. SAVE.

Fix word

11pm

Word fixed.

Don't have enough time

Sorry this happened, not what you need :console:
Original post by carehow

Uhh huh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know dem feels bro :mad:
Had an amazing time out for my friends birthday last night (back home) and now I feel like I've come back to earth with a bump now I'm back in my uni town.

Latest

Trending

Trending