lul
u win internet

I got a palindromic number, so I win.

PS - uni is hard.

:heart: palindromes

I'll let someone else make the new thread since I'm not a regular :ahee:

P.S. yeah
Original post by jelly1000
hmm, don't feel like you have to go through with it if its not what sober you wants. and I think on the idiocy scale its not as bad as what I did drunk.

What did you doooo :colone:

And tbh sober me does want it, but I just don't think it's going to end well if it does happen :erm:
Original post by Serentonin
What did you doooo :colone:

And tbh sober me does want it, but I just don't think it's going to end well if it does happen :erm:

I'll PM you
Got my essay mark back today.

I was so shocked. Literally almost started crying in the middle of a lecture.

Got more feedback and if it weren't for a few small mistakes, I might have got a first. Damn.

Today is amazing. So happy. YESSS!!! I am not awful at literature :biggrin:
Original post by snailsareslimy

Got more feedback and if it weren't for a few small mistakes, I might have got a first. Damn.

Well done, 68 is really good :biggrin: And I know that feeling, I frequently get 68/69 for coursework and think damn I was so close to a first.
Original post by Serentonin
I may have kissed and agreed to a fwb thing with one of my best friends. I'm pretty sure this is not a good idea. :K:

You minx. :wink:

Original post by BeyondandAbove
Wow, you really went all out on replies haha. Good use of procrastination. :P :biggrin:

I need to get up earlier than 10 am (and not procrastinate until after I have done some GTA V gaming every morning), but I find it so difficult, even if I'm going to bed at 12 or 1! This bed is way too comfy for getting up immediately. :tongue:

Maybe I need to go running. But it's SO COLD. Maybe I should go for a walk instead? But it's still cold. I guess it's time to find my motivation internally. :tongue:

I'm trying out a reward system now. Writing up to a certain point -> I get to play GTA V.
Oh yeah, and find a scanner to finish off an application. I have a good feeling about this one university.

That's a good system. I may copy it, but with food instead of GTA. I might get fat though.

Original post by Pensivedore
Hahah I am actually very bad at it and always manage to look (and feel) like a zombie for the rest of the day. I have two 2 hour lectures and a 1 hour seminar sandwiched in between them and then a committee meeting for a society after and it's more than likely I will fall asleep at some point, in a very inappropriate and unattractive position in at least one of these lectures. But sometimes doing this is the only way I can ensure I don't fall behind my own schedule, so I have to :frown:

At least you're up to date! I'm still behind despite living in the library for the last 3 weeks :frown:

Yaaaaaay :woo:
Feeling more relaxed today so getting a few more words done now in my break before I go and eat lunch and then fingers crossed I can get a couple of hundred more done this evening. I was going to skip my afternoon lecture but then I realised I'd think 'oh I have all afternoon' and not actually get that many more words than if I know I've only got a few more hours of the day left.

glad it wasn't half as bad as you expected it to be :biggrin:

That's so awesome! Very proud of you! :awesome:

Date number 2 today :sexface:
I got my first 1st today!!!! It was on sm essay I literally had no idea on how to do. I started screaming at the admin woman when she handed it over. Aaaaaah :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Passed the 4000 mark on my report just now :smile:
Original post by FuzzySheep
I got my first 1st today!!!! It was on sm essay I literally had no idea on how to do. I started screaming at the admin woman when she handed it over. Aaaaaah :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! :biggrin:

Have handed in both of my essays due this term now, glad to be rid of them. I've put way more work into them than probably any other essays i've done so i'm really hoping it pays off.

Going to apply for a master's scholarship and then decide whether to piss the rest of the day away messing about or start on the essay due in Jan :tongue:
Hi all, i'm a first year geographer and i'm new to this thread.
I got a mark of 59 back for an essay worth 50% of a module. Do you think this is a good mark to get? I haven't had any uni exams yet so i'm hoping maybe I could boost my grade up in them.
Original post by cpdavis

Date number 2 today :sexface:

Ooh good luck :colone:

My friend just text me and reminded me that we have sodding genetics lab reports to finish baaaaaaah. My hungover brain cannot comprehend genetics today.
the sun is out, and things are falling into place

I can think more clearly than I could before. :excited:
Determined to be productive tonight!

- Plan Y10 lesson down to the last minute as I'm being observed by one of the deputy heads
- If I have time, plan Y7 lesson
- Sort out folder for tomorrow

-------

For anyone thinking of going into teaching - beware, it is a definite emotional rollercoaster!

Had an awful lesson this morning with y9, had planned a really great lesson for them on the Battle of the Somme, and they just couldn't be mature. We were talking about recent tragedies and disasters and even then some of the boys were giggling. Went to head of dept, got 30 textbooks and they spent the rest of the lesson copying word for word the textbook, and then the usual class teacher came in after I'd had given them a proper telling off, and set them a really long and boring homework to do for Thursday. Maybe on Thursday they'll be a bit more mature!

However, last lesson was brilliant with my year 8's. We played Take Me Out and decided who Elizabeth I should marry. They were so good, and so enthusiastic. So that restored my faith in teaching - however, I feel totally emotionally drained after today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellie_May :)
Hi all, i'm a first year geographer and i'm new to this thread.
I got a mark of 59 back for an essay worth 50% of a module. Do you think this is a good mark to get? I haven't had any uni exams yet so i'm hoping maybe I could boost my grade up in them.

welcome :smile: 59 is a respectable mark, especially in the first semester of first year when you are getting the hang of doing uni work however you were obviously close to a 2:1 and I'm sure capable of getting one, do look at what you could do to get a 2:1 next time.
Home, comfy, in a good mood and feeling productive. Aiming to see how near to 4,500 words I can get today.
going to have tea, then prepare my lab notebook for tomorrow and do a fair wodge of my post-lab

Latest

Trending

Trending