The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Motivation is seriously lacking. The more pressure I'm under the more I bury my head in the sand. Going to at least come to an understanding of what my essay question is asking of me before I go to sleep...
Reply 1181
Have done loads this week, but it never really feels like an achievement when you've still got stuff to do, lab report due in for Thursday & have run out of all motivation. It's nowhere near finished despite starting early on it & somehow going to have to finish it between lectures, work and mentoring tomorrow.

Would like to go to bed & nurse my flu instead
(edited 12 years ago)
Ok, this evening I've done this:
written about 300 words more on project, (not much but I summarised a paper well and that was enough)
completed an elaborate facebook rape on my housemate who went to a football match and left his computer on facebook (it involved photoshopping fairy wings onto a picture of him)
written up my lab book from Monday, it's all up to date now.

Now I'm going to dose up on hot chocolate and paracetamol and have an early night. Tomorrow night I need to apply for a job which closes on Friday and also do the slides for my radioactivity presentation... I'll probably need to write up my lab book too.
Reply 1183
.... maybe not. Rather than getting more essay done, I managed a little reading followed by falling asleep. That'll be what happens when you get up at 6.30am to study.
Had a terrible day and didn't get a lot of work done, and missed my lecture. I did read 5 chapters of my new programming book however. ...At some point I need to actually START my program instead of putting it off because I'm scared of failing it. :facepalm:

Lab report is about 1000 words down out of 4500 and I've got til next Friday. I also have to sort my application out for South Korea BY NEXT THURSDAY?! And so many other things. Panic. :frown:
Wow actually got a lot done today! Pretty surprised at myself haha. The only reason why was cause I was copying my friend's notes that I missed the lectures for, and she wants them back tomorrow hence why I worked my ass off to copy them :tongue:.
Reply 1186
Passed all my Autumn exams with marks of 60%+... 2nd year is fun. :ahee:

This merits a pint or 5 I feel.
Reply 1187
I put myself out to help someone and now she wants me to wait another hour for her :mad: I just want to sleep, so sleep deprived right now.
(edited 12 years ago)
Trying to get as much essay done as possible before lunch... DETERMINED to finish it today mind. It's my day off, I want to relax this evening and hand it in tomorrow!
Reply 1189
And still no sign... :angry:

Rather than a Latte as an attempt to stay awake like most people, Caramel Chocolate :yep:
Original post by Kim-x
And still no sign... :angry:

Rather than a Latte as an attempt to stay awake like most people, Caramel Chocolate :yep:

Lattes to stay awake are for weaklings :sexface: I'm drinking black coffee and hating life...
My to do list for today looks strangely familiar
-Read nuclear weapons journals and make notes

Its my day off today so I should have time to do a significant ammount
Skived off a lecture and seminar today - guilty conscience hitting hard right now. I was just overwhelmed by all the work I had to do and decided to recharge in bed.
:ditto: but don't worry about it, just make sure you're not too behind with it and also that it doesn't happen often. I did the same today.
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
:hugs:

In Classics today they showed us your old avatar ... :redface: Who is it meant to be? (The lady with a pen or something).

I think it was Sappho.
Original post by Linweth
I think it was Sappho.

Bless you
YES essay finished! And I did it by 4pm, which was my self target so I could go to the gym at the non peak times :h: celebration time!
Original post by Alexandra1234567
YES essay finished! And I did it by 4pm, which was my self target so I could go to the gym at the non peak times :h: celebration time!

Well done. Also, I wish there was such a thing at our uni :colonhash: I went at 8am the other week and it was as busy as it is in the afternoon :eek:
I feel like crap. I've been so excited for WEEKS about going to London tomorrow night, but my stomach hurts and I want to sleeeep :frown: But I have an essay to do and a play to go to tonight. Two essays, actually.

SO MUCH TIME AND SO LITTLE TO DO (oh wait, reverse it :awesome:)
Mountain of work to do. Just read a Guardian article about graduates doing low skilled jobs - really not helping myself by reading negative stuff like that. Going to go and water my logo beans :love: and then read about pavlovs dog stuff.

Latest

Trending

Trending