The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well that went badly :rant:
So this essay workshop has been cancelled which I'm relieved about - means I'll have time to see my tutor, do more reading and finally do my laundry.

I find those types of things useless, it's about quality not quantity.
I'm so screwed for uni. *******s.
Original post by Aemiliana
I'm so screwed for uni. *******s.

My sentiments exactly :frown:
Remarkably unproductive day today. Have a tutorial early tomorrow morning and am thinking I should probably just stay in uni and work for my 3 hour break afterwards rather than making my usual traipse home (which inevitably ends in procrastination). Fingers crossed that being in a room full of stressed-out students (it's deadline time!) will somehow manage to motivate me :tongue:
Eugh, this week is show week and the dust in the theatre is really killing me :sigh:
I've made a huge list of books to get out tomorrow/read at the library and have emailed myself loads of JSTOR citations for journal articles to read.

This holiday I want to start and finish:

- My long essay (major priority)
- Greece commentaries
- Seminar work to catch up on
- Lectures to catch up on

My action plan:

- Mornings for the next week: Greece commentaries
- Mornings after that: catch up work, one subject week a day (e.g. Greece week 1 on Tuesday, Viking week 1 on Wednesday etc)
- All afternoons/evenings: long essay work (minimum of 2 items read a day)

Tomorrow I will get up early and hit the gym from 7-8am, be back, showered and have packed lunch by 9am. I will then sit in the library from roughly 9am-5pm, with half an hour for lunch in the cafe. For some reason, this sounds really hard but considering most people work 9-5 everyday it really isn't. The exceptions to this is when I have work or meetings/medical appointments. I will make up these hours (most likely in the evenings). I know that this Friday I only have 5 hours to myself from 9am to 11pm so I probably won't get much done then (in between going home, getting food etc), however my second shift at work should be quiet (much like this one), so hopefully I can get some good work done.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by AnnaChristina
My sentiments exactly
Remarkably unproductive day today. Have a tutorial early tomorrow morning and am thinking I should probably just stay in uni and work for my 3 hour break afterwards rather than making my usual traipse home (which inevitably ends in procrastination). Fingers crossed that being in a room full of stressed-out students (it's deadline time!) will somehow manage to motivate me

We'll manage it. :yep: Even if I do have a 20 credits, 6,000 word essay to read and write for...
Tutor said my points for my essay were good, now just got to do some more reading and write the damned thing. Doesn't help 2 of the books I borrowed from the library have turned out to be unhelpful.
Majorly demotivated atm :frown:
Got 1076 left over both essays :frown: really taking forever to get them finished pulling an allnighter to get them both finished.

Smallpox journals 15/30
Fusarium journals 00/30
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by CoffeeStinks
Okay so this week I have quite a few things to get done.

Do the 3 AutoCAD courseworks

Do the surveying report

Do the 2 in 1 structures report Grrrr!

Try and bulk up my portfolio

Try and fit in some revision or at least do all the questions on uni moodle

Last week before easter, and I feel myself getting a cold.

FML!

Better a cold than the mumps which seems to be spreading quite fast at the moment.
Reply 1592
Tomorrow I want to:-

- Go through remaining virtual lectures
- Reading for/notes for Business Law: Terms and remedies.
- Reading for/notes for Psychology and Work: Change
- HRM reading
- Plan in detail and hopefully write one section of my essay
Reply 1593
Pulling an allnighter for an essay I only have 452 words (out of 2500) but that was the hard bit so it should be okay from now on. :smile:
I actually don't think it will be a bad essay (by my standards) despite the last minute nature of it...
(edited 12 years ago)
Still reading for this essay, on source no5 atm.
I haven't done any work in ages :emo:, except read two of my books for seminars after easter.

Today I'd like to:

- Get a start on my Germany article
- Go swimming
- Do some French
£96 pounds left till the 2nd April :emo:
Original post by VanillaTwilight
:unimpressed:

Ah I get ya :wink:. Yay :biggrin:!

How are you anyway ??

:biggrin:

:hugs: I'm OK ... Feel a bit ill though :frown: How are you? It's such a beautiful day :daydreaming:

I'm cat-sitting. I hate my sister's cat :facepalm2:
Original post by cpdavis

£15 'til 7th April :colonhash:
Original post by cpdavis

That's, not *too* bad if you don't travel much, or eat much. I've lived off of £10-£15 a week for about 6 weeks for food (but I don't live in London)

Was obviously stupidly tired, slept 9 hours. Need to get 1 lab report finished today, and maybe find out how to do this last question on an assignment, hand another in and try and input a mass load of data into my lab reports.

Driving lesson at 2 though, and a feedback session at 5. Also need to do some cleaning.

Latest

Trending

Trending