The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA2 29th May 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by snakeyface
I got 92 in unit 1 and 100 in unit 2! So happy!

Well done :smile: I got similar to you. Couldn't believe my eyes!
[INDENT]
Does anyone know how to work out raw marks from ums. I got 82 ums in psya2 and wondered what the raw mark is? Thanks
Original post by kristy-jade
[INDENT]
Does anyone know how to work out raw marks from ums. I got 82 ums in psya2 and wondered what the raw mark is? Thanks

82 UMS on PSYA2 is equal to 54/72 raw marks.

There is a converter on the AQA website.
http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php
Original post by boomersooner
82 UMS on PSYA2 is equal to 54/72 raw marks.

There is a converter on the AQA website.
http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php

Thanks :smile: do you know what the grade boundary for the total gce psychology is so like both of the papers put together
Reply 1784
Original post by Neena
Aww I got 66 ums marks in PSYA1 and 62 ums marks in PSYA2, i'm really confused as I thought the exams were fairly easy, and I thought I would get an A - is it worth a remark? I was around 6 raw marks off a B and around 16 marks off an A (I think) - did anyone else not get what they were expecting? - Also well done to everyone that got the grade they wanted ^_^

Me too to a slight degree. Was expecting one module to be in the 80s and the other in the 70s. Going to a different college for A2 might be able to push me up compared to my AS college. New start might help my confidence too.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1785
Original post by OneFlewOver
Same - walking on air when I came out in summer.... very suspicious and getting script back paper was easy! Got C -predicted A

That's exactly what I felt just couldnt find the right words to describe.

I got 90 ums in this paper and 78 in the first one. I'm on an A overall but was wondering what I'd need to get at a2 to get an a*?
Original post by HamzahK21
I got 90 ums in this paper and 78 in the first one. I'm on an A overall but was wondering what I'd need to get at a2 to get an a*?

90+%, so 180/200 ums
Original post by Conzy210
90+%, so 180/200 ums

Do you know what an a* is out of 400? How'd you work that out? Thanks.
Original post by HamzahK21
Do you know what an a* is out of 400? How'd you work that out? Thanks.

You just need to get 80% in the overall A-level and 90% in the A2 modules, so if you got 100% in the A2 modules you'd just need 60% in AS which would equal to
320/400 in total.

You need to get 152/200 to get an A, and 180/200 to get an A*.
Reply 1790
There is no way I am for doing unit 2 again. Hate it Was actually fine during class but because of only getting 67 just try to get the best out if unit 3 and 4

WOO! I got my remark result back and I now have a comfortable A. It went up by 6 UMS. :biggrin:
Reply 1792
A friend got his papers remarked and managed to get 15 UMS. Clearly there's something wrong!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my MT15i
Original post by wandi
A friend got his papers remarked and managed to get 15 UMS. Clearly there's something wrong!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my MT15i

That really is quite a change. May I ask what the UMS changed from and to? It's a bit annoying that the marking is so inconsistent. With mainly short answer questions, you'd expect following the markscheme to be fairly simple? Maybe the originial marker missed a question or something?
Original post by suicidaloverbusiness
WOO! I got my remark result back and I now have a comfortable A. It went up by 6 UMS. :biggrin:

One person I know got this paper remarked, it went up by 4 UMS. Another friend got hers up by 5 UMS after a remark. Another person went up 13 marks as they missed out a whole page. She got an apology letter from AQA.

Anyone who is slightly off the upper grade. REMARK.
After seeing all of this I think I will definitely get a remark. I am on 78 UMS. Hope it goes up.
Original post by lou_100
One person I know got this paper remarked, it went up by 4 UMS. Another friend got hers up by 5 UMS after a remark. Another person went up 13 marks as they missed out a whole page. She got an apology letter from AQA.

Anyone who is slightly off the upper grade. REMARK.

Yep, I would agree. I would strongly advise a remark for anyone considering it. AQA are ****e with marking. It's OCR that tend to be accurate with their grade and mark allocation.
Original post by SharkMonster
After seeing all of this I think I will definitely get a remark. I am on 78 UMS. Hope it goes up.

Go for it and good luck. :thumbsup:
Reply 1798
Does anyone have the mark scheme for this paper?
Hello! I got a Mid A overal in Psychology 90 in Psyc1 but in Psyc2 got 78 (1 mark off an A) is it worth remarking if I have a solid A anyways and my teacher is predicting me that? but because I was one off and those who did get it remarked said it went up by an average of 4UMS and if it does go up im 100% my teachers will predict me an A*? How much was needed for an Overal A in UMS and how above that was it?
BUT...Im scared... :redface:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending