The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cubic
You did type it up incorrectly, hehe. :tongue:
I stand corrected! I think I need an eye test, hehe! :tongue:
Original post by Pandora.
You might not, but I might :colone:

I've been Googling, it might make an interesting procrastinating tool. Except the only place I could get into is my garden shed, and it terrifies me.

My answer? It better be! :biggrin: I spent ages trying to work it out.

You can always go to a local hardware store and buy a few padlocks! They're only cheap, and the cheaper the better, especially for beginners (they will be easier to break into)!

And yes, I followed your working out, and it looked right at a glance to me :smile:

Original post by multiplexing-gamer
How did you find out how to do it?

I just searched the Internet, there are a few things that you will find that are pretty good guides! :smile: Its pretty interesting, as you can't really see what you are doing. You have to rely on your other senses, especially touch! I don't think your sense of smell would be of much use though... :P
I wish I could have had the opportunity to pick a language A Level. :frown:
Reply 6003

I wanted to do an A-level in Japanese. :frown:
Reply 6004

Why can't you? :frown:
Original post by Cubic
That would be epic!

Original post by c3ntury
Why can't you? :frown:
Nobody other than me in my school would have considered it (French), so the course can't run. I was planning to go back over my French books from year 9 over the holidays and teach myself as a hobby, but I can't find the books. Great :rolleyes:

I'd love to a language A-level, but I'm not very good at languages...
At my school you HAVE to pick a language. Dont you have a language GCSE Pandora?
At my school you HAVE to pick a language. Dont you have a language GCSE Pandora?
Yeah, I did French in year 9 but it was compulsory, and before we picked options. I think if enough people had picked it at the end of year 9 we would have moved on to AS level in year 10/11, but again not enough people chose it. :smile:
So sad right now :frown: You know, people ought to consider that what they say can have a big impact on other people's feelings :frown:
Original post by usycool1
So sad right now :frown: You know, people ought to consider that what they say can have a big impact on other people's feelings :frown:
What's happened? Feel free to PM me if you need to talk about anything. :smile:
Reply 6011

What's up mate? :/

PM if you want to talk, I'm here anytime.
http://oi41.tinypic.com/jae3on.jpg
There you go, in the majestic quality of my phone! :biggrin: Ignore my working out, it doesn't mean anything.

Yh it looks correct. Jut a bit of a weirdly stated problem really.
Original post by GreenLantern1
Yh it looks correct. Jut a bit of a weirdly stated problem really.
Ah, good! :smile:

Dalek? You can tell us bro.. we're there for ya :wink:. Seriously though, if you need to talk, I think I can safely say on behalf of everyone here that we're listening
Original post by Cubic

I would love to be fluent in a foreign language! Unfortunately, my school only offered French and German, neither of those interested. Japanese on the other hand!!!!! :O

We didn't have to at our school, and I'm glad too, I dont like the languages they offer!

Hey, hold your head high mate! Don't let stupid things that people say put you down! Remember the compliments, forget the insults, they aren't worth remembering, and you will only waste time and energy thinking about them too hard! Some people are just really inconsiderate, and if anybody tried to put you down, they aren't worth your time, and if they aren't worth your time, why should you be bothered about what they think? Screw 'em!! :smile:
If you fancy a chat, drop me a message anytime pal.
Don't really get the point of putting in SO much effort for GCSE's, just need the grades to get to A level and you can still do further education. Only really seems worth revising in the subjects you want to continue doing, in my opinion :smile:
Original post by GreenLantern1
Dalek? You can tell us bro.. we're there for ya :wink:. Seriously though, if you need to talk, I think I can safely say on behalf of everyone here that we're listening

Too right!
Original post by Harolinho
Don't really get the point of putting in SO much effort for GCSE's, just need the grades to get to A level and you can still do further education. Only really seems worth revising in the subjects you want to continue doing, in my opinion :smile:

Depends on if you wana go to sixth form or college, like i wana go to the sixth form in my school so i need 6 Bs which i know sounds pretty easy but i still have to work hard for it and also you need to get good grades in English and Maths to go to University and for some people that may be quite hard. I get what your saying though.
Original post by Cubic
It's really hard like normal maths gcse.

GCSE Mathematics isn't that hard and How can you compare Maths and Further Maths-Further Maths is a lot harder and it even includes A-Level Maths content and should be a challenge for me unlike GCSE Maths because at the moment I feel like I will easily get full marks for Unit 2 without revision.

Latest