The Student Room Group

How hard is it to get a GCSE grade 7?

(That's equivalent to an A.) How much did you revise in the year 10 to 11 summer?
got Grade 9 due to going over content and memorising the mark scheme and doing lots of past papers
Original post by s.m30
(That's equivalent to an A.) How much did you revise in the year 10 to 11 summer?

Well, about 85-90% of students cant manage it in a given subject, so mildly hard on average.
Original post by s.m30

Getting a 7 is somewhat difficult but at GCSE but I think if you're the kind of person to study in the summer before as well then it is achievable. Unless you struggle with basic writing & maths, then GCSEs aren't hard if you study hard and have good advice.
Original post by Kyber Ninja
Well, about 85-90% of students cant manage it in a given subject, so mildly hard on average.

Actually more like 97% can't manage it since the grade 9 is top 3% or something.
Original post by thekidwhogames
Actually more like 97% can't manage it since the grade 9 is top 3% or something.

Look at the thread title :wink:
Original post by Kyber Ninja
Look at the thread title :wink:

Ah sorry. Grade 9 = top 20% of grade 7 so if top 3% are 9 then top = grade 7 should be top 15% as you said.
Reply 7
if your smart its not hard at all... assumming your school has sets for subjects like maths, the majority of the top class could go into the exam and get an easy 7
Reply 8
Hi my son is smart but he is in gaming he is in year 11 how can I make him study .
Original post by Sherifi
Hi my son is smart but he is in gaming he is in year 11 how can I make him study .

Don't allow him access to his gaming device until he has done a set amount of studying each day.
Original post by username3818132
got Grade 9 due to going over content and memorising the mark scheme and doing lots of past papers

I’ve always found Maths to be a harder subject. What advice would you give to somebody who’s currently getting 5s and 6s?

Quick Reply

Latest