The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sheel1
Did mine last year ^_^ , why did your school do it now? Wouldn't it be more useful revising topics in class? :biggrin:

Original post by Dalek1099
My first exam is on the 15th May and its RE,which should be really easy.

Same!!! Although I'm revising my R.E ( short course - WJEC ) but finding it hard to find the topics online / books ( from library ) :frown:
Original post by Sheel1
Did mine last year ^_^ , why did your school do it now? Wouldn't it be more useful revising topics in class? :biggrin:

I'm in Year 10 but according to the head of work experience at my school I will do another work experience next year.
Reply 7582
I'm in Year 10 but according to the head of work experience at my school I will do another work experience next year.

You got a percentage for your work experience, how does that work?!?
Original post by USB
You got a percentage for your work experience, how does that work?!?

You don't get a percentage instead you get a mark on seven different areas and I got the maximum possible mark.
Reply 7584
Original post by CharlieBoardman

I see that you subbed, who's been negging you? :tongue:
You don't get a percentage instead you get a mark on seven different areas and I got the maximum possible mark.

Surely it must be your school only?!? When i did mine and my mate ( in wilsons grammer ) there is no "marking" but it's just a taster of real life ... maybe they did this marking scheme for your school so everyone will work their hardest??
Original post by Sheel1
Surely it must be your school only?!? When i did mine and my mate ( in wilsons grammer ) there is no "marking" but it's just a taster of real life ... maybe they did this marking scheme for your school so everyone will work their hardest??

You get a connexions sheet with a marking of 1-5 - 1 is the best you can get for each one.

Here is a link to the sheet i'm talking about.
(edited 11 years ago)
now stopped revising for today.. just found out i'm going out to dinner for my grandma's birthday and so am going to miss the second half of the FA cup final... absolutely livid!!!

will see the first half though.. so c'mon Liverpool!!!!
Original post by g.k.galloway
now stopped revising for today.. just found out i'm going out to dinner for my grandma's birthday and so am going to miss the second half of the FA cup final... absolutely livid!!!

I have fallen so much out of club football I didn't really know,who was in the FA cup-I only watch international matches and I watched all of the world cup 2010 matches that I could because I was at school.My favourite club is Manchester United but I don't support them too much since they got rid of my favourite footballer.
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
What is everyone's GCSE score, mine is 7.2

You know you are actually meant to do it so A* is 58, A is 52, B is 46 and then you keep subtracting 6 every grade you go down. That is the official way to do it. For that I am 56.5.

For your version however mine is 7.77 (lool with all the 7's)

Wooooooooooooo Liverpool.... we can beat that Chelsea scum!

Liverpool will be FA Cup Final Winners 2012: I can sense it!
(edited 11 years ago)
My first exam is on May 15th and it's Religious Studies. I got a C in the mocks, C in the class assessment and As in the practice exams. So, hopefully I can get above a C in the proper exam. Wish me luck guys.
Original post by Cubic
Do you like my new Zelda themed desktop background? :smile:

I love it, it's green to represent the forest and the background has some kind of bark effect which reminds me of the trees. Someone made one for serenade, bolero, etc. too!

That's pretty beautiful! :love:
Original post by GreenLantern1
Wooooooooooooo Liverpool.... we can beat that Chelsea scum!

Liverpool will be FA Cup Final Winners 2012: I can sense it!

Let's hope so!!!
i'm going to have to sneak to the toilets between courses to check the score on my phone.. so gutted i can't watch the whole second half live...
Original post by Kwaku_96
My first exam is on May 15th and it's Religious Studies. I got a C in the mocks, C in the class assessment and As in the practice exams. So, hopefully I can get above a C in the proper exam. Wish me luck guys.

i've got that exam too... got 94% in my mock but that was only 3 topics..not the annoying community cohesion as we hadn't done it yet..
Reply 7595
Original post by Kwaku_96

Good luck! I'm hoping they put in all the relatively easy questions. Well tbh, I'm hoping they put in all the relatively easy questions for everything haha.
Got to laugh at this post "Where has this myth come from? Being a member of the Russell group just means that the universites get a disproportionately high level of funding for research, nothing else. Having high research funding has almost nothing to do with job prospects for undergraduate students."
Time for me to waste my time and ask a random question again: What's everyone's favourite song? :tongue:
Umm does anyone know a good GCSE link that explains all the enzymes that can come up in Biology 3 (AQA) and what they do? Like Carbohydrase etc., my revision guide doesn't talk much about them.
Let's hope so!!!
i'm going to have to sneak to the toilets between courses to check the score on my phone.. so gutted i can't watch the whole second half live...

That was just poor from Spearing. Oh my :frown:

Latest