Scroll to see replies

So how do these awards work? I want to nominate someone >:smile:
Original post by matty123
Can't*
Nazi*

:wink::wink::wink:
:tongue: :tongue:
:colone:

Mate I have been hoping to see you here. Another contendor for Jesus Christ resurrection award maybe?

Can I ask what geog exam did you do last year and what one you are doing this year? And you got 150/150 A* right?
Original post by GreenLantern1
I know you told me about it! I was reminding you and sharing my exitemnt to you silly. Cuz I missed most of it last week I am excited bout this wek lol (yes sad i know)!

I missed last weeks completely! I had a really busy week last week :frown: do you know which guest was on last weeks show?

Dara O'Brien.

Btw you do know I was joking. I constantly have to clarify these things, because I forget that the joking tone that I am writing it in will not be read by you. Heehe; oh the one downfall of Internet media chat.

Of course I know you were joking :P I just like to scre with you, and make you think that I'm being serious :biggrin: I just like your reactions. Although, I do agree with you, it is impossible to detect sarcasm over the Internet!

Can't*
Nazi*

:wink::wink::wink:
:tongue: :tongue:
:colone:

and the games begin :P
5-6 hours of revision was clearly not as bad as I thought. Advice to fellow teenagers in the stage of GCSEs like me, when choosing to revise for the amount of time like 5-6 hours, take breaks. I once did like 4 hours, I literally felt dead!
Original post by Safiya122
5-6 hours of revision was clearly not as bad as I thought. Advice to fellow teenagers in the stage of GCSEs like me, when choosing to revise for the amount of time like 5-6 hours, take breaks. I once did like 4 hours, I literally felt dead!

I don't think I'd be able to concentrate for 4 hours straight! :eek:
Original post by Paparazzo
So how do these awards work? I want to nominate someone >:smile:

Keep your nominations in a word document for now, and when the time comes, Loz17 will ask for our votes, and we will PM them to her :smile:
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Keep your nominations in a word document for now, and when the time comes, Loz17 will ask for our votes, and we will PM them to her :smile:

OK thanks.
Fellow Maths geeks, stick Channel Dave on! Great show starting :biggrin:
Mate I have been hoping to see you here. Another contendor for Jesus Christ resurrection award maybe?

Can I ask what geog exam did you do last year and what one you are doing this year? And you got 150/150 A* right?

I did the Physical paper last year and did get 150/150. I am doing the Human paper this year :smile:.

I have just discovered that I need an overall A on the two English Langauge Exams to get a B overall :frown:.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7989
Gonna watch four in a bed, have a bath then get my childcare coursework out :biggrin:
My History teacher got suspended (don't know why), but we had to do our coursework last at the very last minute and rush it. We were not taught how to do it properly. :frown:

I got an A* on my Unit 1 exam (88/90)

And a 'D' on my coursework!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I cannot get an A* overall now :frown:

Would this be counted as extenuating circumstances by colleges and unis (potentially medicine)???

Thank you in advance! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Fellow Maths geeks, stick Channel Dave on! Great show starting :biggrin:

Answer to the first one is two. As much as I would like to say that I just now genuinely got it, this was the final question on the Intermediate Maths Olympiad when I was in Year 9. I got it then though.

Question was worded differently. I think it was what is the maximum number of coins in which I could identify a counterfeit by using the weighin scales 2 times and of course the anser is 9 coins.

For this question it is 2.
My History teacher got suspended (don't know why), but we had to do our coursework last at the very last minute and rush it. We were not taught how to do it properly. :frown:

Would this be counted as extenuating circumstances by colleges and unis (potentially medicine)???

Probably. It doesnt really matter aslong as it's an A.

Are you sure the UMS means it is a D and not the raw mark? What raw mark did you get and what exam board is this? And also what geog paper did you do lat year and so what one are you doing this year?
Are you sure the UMS means it is a D and not the raw mark? What raw mark did you get and what exam board is this? And also what geog paper did you do lat year and so what one are you doing this year?

Nope it's a D in UMS :frown: I can't see how it's my fault though :/ (AQA)

Physical last year, Human this year. (AQA)

Do you think that it would be counted as extenuating circumstances? (History)

It certainly might. I don't know however as I don't really know those kinds of things.
Answer to the first one is two. As much as I would like to say that I just now genuinely got it, this was the final question on the Intermediate Maths Olympiad when I was in Year 9. I got it then though.

Question was worded differently. I think it was what is the maximum number of coins in which I could identify a counterfeit by using the weighin scales 2 times and of course the anser is 9 coins.

For this question it is 2.

Yes, that one was quite easy :smile:
Yes, that one was quite easy :smile:

The first one was really easy. I mean i was super surprised!
The first one was really easy. I mean i was super surprised!

I've also done the 2nd one before too.

OO I got them both this year. Hoping for 150 and 150. How did you revise for them? Btw did you do the Coastal Zones?

EDIT: Only 100 pages left = 2000 posts. Post 8000 **** Yeahhh :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest