The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Paramore<3
Yay!! :biggrin: It's all slush here now though... :frown:
Yeah, Scrooge indeed... and proud? :tongue: I just hate my feet being cold! :colondollar:

All damn melted :frown:
Original post by I Persia I
Is anyone here doing AQA English Literature? I'm doing An Inspector Calls, Macbeth and Of Mice and Men for the Controlled Assessments. :tongue:

Yep done all of them.

Original post by c3ntury
I've got my Geography CA starting this Wednesday, fun fun fun right? At least we get a day out in Worcester out of it all.

Did that :biggrin: It's longgggggggg but worth it :tongue:
Reply 81
Original post by blueray

Did that :biggrin: It's longgggggggg but worth it :tongue:

I had a look at an example piece of A* work and it looks manageable so yeah, hopefully it'll all go to plan! :biggrin:
Reply 82
Investigation in science about the cross-sectional area affecting the speed of a falling parachute. We collected data showing that the speed increased as the area got smaller.

Points which I am lacking detail on:

1) How good is the data? :s-smilie:
2) How reliable (I have some ideas for this, e.g repetition)
3) Any unexpected results. Didn't exactly have any so not sure what to write, perhaps why there may have been anomalies in some cases?
4) How could I collect better results?(Some ideas, e.g data logger)

Thanks in advance guys :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by dtwolves
Investigation in science about the cross-sectional area affecting the speed of a falling parachute. We collected data showing that the speed increased as the area got smaller.

3) Any unexpected results. Didn't exactly have any so not sure what to write, perhaps why there may have been anomalies in some cases?

I think for unexpected results you write what might have made them and how to avoid them in the future, even if you didn't make any.
Reply 84
Original post by Paparazzo
I think for unexpected results you write what might have made them and how to avoid them in the future, even if you didn't make any.

Yeah this is what I was thinking, thank you for the help! :smile:
Original post by dtwolves

This is for your evaluation, correct? If so, write a few paragraphs under these headings:

1) 'Evaluation of data collection and improvements'... eg. burette - then explain how to set it up if you did the investigation again...

2) 'Evaluation of data presentation (graphs)'

3) 'Accounting for outliers/anomalous data'

4) 'How could I extend the investigation further?'

5) 'Further questions that I could ask'

If you make enough points under the following headings, and include copious amounts of detail, then you should nail it. Good luck!
Reply 86
Original post by ArtisticFlair
This is for your evaluation, correct? If so, write a few paragraphs under these headings:

1) 'Evaluation of data collection and improvements'... eg. burette - then explain how to set it up if you did the investigation again...

2) 'Evaluation of data presentation (graphs)'

3) 'Accounting for outliers/anomalous data'

4) 'How could I extend the investigation further?'

5) 'Further questions that I could ask'

If you make enough points under the following headings, and include copious amounts of detail, then you should nail it. Good luck!

Thanks! :biggrin: Any ideas of an experiment I could do similar to this one but changing the mass beneath the parachute instead of the area of the parachute?
Reply 87
I'm so glad I've finished all my CAs!
Original post by Sapien
I'm so glad I've finished all my CAs!

Absoliutely all of them. or just for now?
Original post by blueray
Yep done all of them.

Can you tell me the questions on Of Mice and Men and Inspector Calls? My teacher won't tell us because he thinks we'll be distracted from our Macbeth CA. :tongue:
Reply 90
Original post by GreenLantern1
Absoliutely all of them. or just for now?

All of them!

Bar Statistics, which I don't even know if I'll sit! Might go against it as I'm doing FSMQ anyway!
Not including February, we have 3 months of school!
Reply 92
Original post by multiplexing-gamer

that's actually rather scary...
Original post by g.k.galloway
that's actually rather scary...

Its also quite strange that in 3 months all this snow will melt and it'll be Summer!
Reply 94
Its also quite strange that in 3 months all this snow will melt and it'll be Summer!

Honestly though, I can't wait :wink:
Reply 95

:woo:

Can't wait for Sixth Form :colone: Knowing me, I'll be disappointed. :biggrin:
Reply 96
French oral went horrendously today. Ah well.
Reply 97

Can you tell me the questions on Of Mice and Men and Inspector Calls? My teacher won't tell us because he thinks we'll be distracted from our Macbeth CA. :tongue:

I cant remember I did it in year 10 :biggrin: But we did something like comparing 2 characters :biggrin:
Reply 98
Do we leave at the end of May?
Reply 99
Original post by Paparazzo
Do we leave at the end of May?

I do. Or June 1st, not sure. :redface:

Latest