The Student Room Group

SOLVED (Radiotherapy talk here 2012)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spoonforknife
Just got an offer from Liverpool, for Radiotherapy!

45 Distinctions..... AAAAH

Thank god it isn't my first choice! An offer is an offer tho :smile:

You heard back yet?

Yes! :biggrin: so happy! Got a conditional :smile:

Need a B in either Maths or Biology, and C in Chemistry...C in whichever I don't get the B in (if that makes sense?) :biggrin:

Well done :smile:
Original post by GyStudent
Well done!! Not sure what 45 distinctions means, what r u predicted to get?
Not heard from any of mine yet :confused:

where else have u applied?

Thanks mate! Ha, 45 distinctions is very hard to get, i'm aiming high so i'll how it plans out! I really am not sure what I was predicted, but it's gone well so far!
When did you send you UCAS off? I'm sure you'll hear back!! I applied to:
City London (Interview)
LSBU (interview 6th march)
Hertfordshire (offer)
Liverpool (offer)
Cardiff (not heard back :'( )

What about you? :smile:

Original post by jodiedoodles
Yes! :biggrin: so happy! Got a conditional :smile:

Need a B in either Maths or Biology, and C in Chemistry...C in whichever I don't get the B in (if that makes sense?) :biggrin:

Well done :smile:

Woooop :smile:

Ah that's nice! I'm sure you'll get it, and after reading that twice I understood :biggrin:

You too, well played :smile:

You thought about your first and second choices yet? :tongue:
Woooop :smile:

Ah that's nice! I'm sure you'll get it, and after reading that twice I understood :biggrin:

You too, well played :smile:

You thought about your first and second choices yet? :tongue:

haha :smile: it made sense in my head but wasn't entirely sure if it would make sense to anyone else!

i was so excited when i got my offer, as its actually my first ever offer! :biggrin:

i'm still not 100% sure, gonna have to wait and see where else I get offers from, but if I get an offer from glasgow as well, i'm gonna be totally confused where to go! really like liverpool, but also really like glasgow... :frown: you decided yet? :smile:
Thanks mate! Ha, 45 distinctions is very hard to get, i'm aiming high so i'll how it plans out! I really am not sure what I was predicted, but it's gone well so far!
When did you send you UCAS off? I'm sure you'll hear back!! I applied to:
City London (Interview)
LSBU (interview 6th march)
Hertfordshire (offer)
Liverpool (offer)
Cardiff (not heard back :'( )

What about you? :smile:

Sent mine off early Jan,
Liverpool - rejected
Birmingham - interview
UWE - not heard
Cdiff - not heard
Ptsmouth - not heard

Scary times!!
I suppose its such a massive window for them to consider applications, all the universities are going to be different in when they do things.
Which is your first choice? where are you from?
What is your offer from herts like?

I would be glad for any offer tbh, not studying atm, so would prob get unconditional offer if any...
Grades are B,B,B Biol, Chem, Maths. with 2(1) in bioscience.
Original post by jodiedoodles
haha :smile: it made sense in my head but wasn't entirely sure if it would make sense to anyone else!

i was so excited when i got my offer, as its actually my first ever offer! :biggrin:

i'm still not 100% sure, gonna have to wait and see where else I get offers from, but if I get an offer from glasgow as well, i'm gonna be totally confused where to go! really like liverpool, but also really like glasgow... :frown: you decided yet? :smile:

haha, congrats :biggrin:

honestly? I am CLUELESS, I don't have a clue where I even want to go. I keep bloody wanting to go where my mates are and go London, but then again, maybe try and get out of London and go to another bit of the UK if you get me? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i'm going locoooooo!

Sent mine off early Jan,
Liverpool - rejected
Birmingham - interview
UWE - not heard
Cdiff - not heard
Ptsmouth - not heard

Scary times!!
I suppose its such a massive window for them to consider applications, all the universities are going to be different in when they do things.
Which is your first choice? where are you from?
What is your offer from herts like?

I would be glad for any offer tbh, not studying atm, so would prob get unconditional offer if any...
Grades are B,B,B Biol, Chem, Maths. with 2(1) in bioscience.

oooo, i sent mine of like November the 7th I think! Yeah, with your qualifications it's strange Liverpool rejected you :s-smilie: I mean, those are stella!
My first choice ATM I really don't know, probably City London :smile: I live in London atm so it's kind of sucked me in haha. But Hertfordshire was beautiful and the whole course is amazing! Then again, Liverpool has grown on me after I've had time to dwindle on it -.-'

They offered me a place if I get 15 Distinctions and 30 at merit. Basically, need to get full marks in 5 assignments or exams, which I am on track for so it's looking very probable!

I'm sure you'll get offers, you sound like a real package man!

How comes you are choosing RT then? :smile:

honestly? I am CLUELESS, I don't have a clue where I even want to go. I keep bloody wanting to go where my mates are and go London, but then again, maybe try and get out of London and go to another bit of the UK if you get me? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i'm going locoooooo!

Yeah I've always wanted to go to Glasgow as I have family up there and just like the city in general, but I'm starting to really like Liverpool :frown: wherever I go involves moving far away but thats the part I'm looking forward to anyways, escaping this town cause theres nothing to do here! But I suppose for you living in London, theres almost everything you could ever need in London so it would be a good place to stay....

Its all so confusing :frown:

oooo, i sent mine of like November the 7th I think! Yeah, with your qualifications it's strange Liverpool rejected you :s-smilie: I mean, those are stella!
My first choice ATM I really don't know, probably City London :smile: I live in London atm so it's kind of sucked me in haha. But Hertfordshire was beautiful and the whole course is amazing! Then again, Liverpool has grown on me after I've had time to dwindle on it -.-'

They offered me a place if I get 15 Distinctions and 30 at merit. Basically, need to get full marks in 5 assignments or exams, which I am on track for so it's looking very probable!

I'm sure you'll get offers, you sound like a real package man!

How comes you are choosing RT then? :smile:

Ye well I was confused about the whole Liverpool thing, as the reasoning doesn't really make any sense!

I'm not a massive fan of London, although coming from Hayes myself, I find it extremely busy, expensive, unfriendly + generally money orientated.
I have lots of family there, brother in law is renting a converted attic space for £1100 a month!! crazyness!! LOL. But he loves it! Loves being in the middle of all the hustle + bustle + all the opportunities that it provides.

Personally I prefer the more rural nature of Wales, atm I rent a 3 bed house for £600, so got a gym downstairs + an office upstairs.

Although I did get reasonable grades, I don't really class myself as academic - I tend to learn better doing things hands-on, so had to work exteremely hard to get those grades (University is not easy). I want to do RT as I want to gain something from work that is not all about money, I've seen people stabbing others in the back to get a promotion, lying + cheating their way to the top. To be honest I want to spend my time helping others, and be involved in a role where the main influence isn't money. From seeing people in hospitals, it does seem like a really caring environment, where patient care needs to come first, and I really would like more than anything to be a part of that!
People get cancer unfortunately, its not their fault, they didn't deserve it, whereas it used to be a death sentence, these days its very much treatable! I would love to be part of a team that delivers treatment to patient, as it has such a massive impact on people lives.

Why are you choosing RT? :smile:
Hey :smile: I have also applied for Radiotherapy but only to GCU and QMU. I'm getting a little nervous now that I haven't heard back but it looks like none of you have heard from these uni's! I'm from Aberdeen so either are not too far away from home. Also I dont understand english grades :/ but I got BBBCC in my highers (maths, biology, chemistry, physics, english) I just want to know!!!

Robyn
Original post by rcstirton1
Hey :smile: I have also applied for Radiotherapy but only to GCU and QMU. I'm getting a little nervous now that I haven't heard back but it looks like none of you have heard from these uni's! I'm from Aberdeen so either are not too far away from home. Also I dont understand english grades :/ but I got BBBCC in my highers (maths, biology, chemistry, physics, english) I just want to know!!!

Robyn

Hi Robyn, still waiting to hear from 3 of my choices (cardiff, bristol, portsmouth) So wouldn't be too worried about not hearing from your 2. why did you only apply to 2? would you wait a year if you didnt get in, or try clearing? You obviously have your grades already, so whats your background? why r u choosing RT? :smile:
Reply 109
Anyone else go to the Sheffield Hallam interview on Saturday? If so, how did your interviews go? :smile:
Hey guys :smile:

I have also applied for 2012 entry into Radiotherapy, woo! I however am a late applicant (i sent my application off on the 10th of Feb) as Im actually a first year uni dropout (glasgow uni) :frown: totally realised I was doing to wrong course and Radiotherapy literally is perfect, gutted I didnt apply for it first time round!

im so worried because my application was soo rushed, had an absolute mare trying to find work exp, eventually ended up emailing admissions for one of the unis i was applying to and they managed to put me in contact with some people, but i had to travel a lonnng way for it! totally worth it though.

this thread has been really helpful, i dont know anyone else who is applying for/is doing RT!
I have applied to Liverpool, Sheffield Hallam, LSBU, UWE and Cardiff!
anyone applied to these/heard anything/been to interviews?? any advice is much appreciated.

my grades are aab in a levels(bio, psych and chem) and in gcse i got 4 a* 5 a and 1 b. i did half a day work exp.
i had forgotton how nerve-racking UCAS is, i feel sick everytime i check my emails ahaha.

i have an invitation for a visit/selection day at liverpool, little confused to what this is going to entail...?
Original post by rcstirton1

Robyn

Thats the only 2 I'm still waiting to hear from as well so don't worry! :smile: I'm not really sure what the difference is between the English and Scottish grading system....most people in my Sixth Form College only do 3 subjects so we only end up with 3 grades...I'm currently on CCD but I am resitting a few modules so hoping to improve :smile: I live in Cumbria so both are about the same distance away, around 120 miles! Good luck, let me know if you hear anything ! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by elizabeth_poole
Hi guys
I've got a visit day for Liverpool, what happens? Did youse prep much?
I'm doing an access but want to be offered mainly distinctions and 3credits of merit:-( won't happen! How's everyone doing for offers and interviews?

University of Liverpool- visit day
Sheffield Hallam- waiting to hear back had an interview
University of Hertfordshire-interview
Birmingham city-interview
London St George's-interview

Appreciate the feedback guys! :smile::smile:

On the visit day at Liverpool we basically just sat and listened to a talk about the course and stuff, then we went into groups and went to different people for different activities. To be honest there wasn't much time where they could interrogate you - I'd advise thinking of a few questions to ask and remembering what your placement was like and what you enjoyed etc. One woman went round us all asking about our placement...what we did and what we enjoyed etc. Apart from that, there isn't much else you should worry about :smile: We got to talk to a woman who graduated at Liverpool and has been in RT for years now and has come back to teach it, we talked to one of the students about clinical placements and one about the timetable and how its a pretty jam packed course. Oooh and we also got to have a little play around on the VERT machine (virtual environment for radiotherapy training) which was good fun :smile:

I've just got an offer off Liverpool so far, still waiting to hear back from Glasgow Caledonian and Queen Margaret, Edinburgh. :smile:
Hi Robyn, still waiting to hear from 3 of my choices (cardiff, bristol, portsmouth) So wouldn't be too worried about not hearing from your 2. why did you only apply to 2? would you wait a year if you didnt get in, or try clearing? You obviously have your grades already, so whats your background? why r u choosing RT? :smile:

hey :smile: ive applied to cardiff and bristol tooo, not heard either. when did you send your application off? where else have you applied and what were the responses if you dont mind me asking? :smile:
Hi, I applied early Jan, applied to Liverpool + birmingham too. Liverpool rejected me for no apparent reason.... i didnt fill in a form (the same form that no one else has filled in either!!!).
Have a interview to birmingham in april, not many have responded + apparently cardiff always take a while...
Original post by trixiebelle
Hey guys :smile:

I have also applied for 2012 entry into Radiotherapy, woo! I however am a late applicant (i sent my application off on the 10th of Feb) as Im actually a first year uni dropout (glasgow uni) :frown: totally realised I was doing to wrong course and Radiotherapy literally is perfect, gutted I didnt apply for it first time round!

im so worried because my application was soo rushed, had an absolute mare trying to find work exp, eventually ended up emailing admissions for one of the unis i was applying to and they managed to put me in contact with some people, but i had to travel a lonnng way for it! totally worth it though.

this thread has been really helpful, i dont know anyone else who is applying for/is doing RT!
I have applied to Liverpool, Sheffield Hallam, LSBU, UWE and Cardiff!
anyone applied to these/heard anything/been to interviews?? any advice is much appreciated.

my grades are aab in a levels(bio, psych and chem) and in gcse i got 4 a* 5 a and 1 b. i did half a day work exp.
i had forgotton how nerve-racking UCAS is, i feel sick everytime i check my emails ahaha.

i have an invitation for a visit/selection day at liverpool, little confused to what this is going to entail...?

Pretty much exactly what Jodiedoodles posted :P Don't worry about it at all! I think it's just a day for them to see who actually wants to go (as in make an effort going there) and making sure you are human. :biggrin:

I have an interview at LSBU on the 6th of March :smile: Cardiff haven't replied to anything of mine lol, damn them :'(!

Original post by elizabeth_poole
Hi guys
I've got a visit day for Liverpool, what happens? Did youse prep much?
I'm doing an access but want to be offered mainly distinctions and 3credits of merit:-( won't happen! How's everyone doing for offers and interviews?

University of Liverpool- visit day
Sheffield Hallam- waiting to hear back had an interview
University of Hertfordshire-interview
Birmingham city-interview
London St George's-interview

Appreciate the feedback guys! :smile::smile:

Also what Jodiedoodles said :smile: Don't worry about it, it is "kinda" an interview, they split you into groups of 5 and you rotate between 5 rooms with a different person in each room who will ask general questions/explain the whole course structure.

I'm ALSO doing an access course :smile: Got offered 15 Distinctions and rest merit from Hertfordshire... AND LIVERPOOL WANTS 45 DISTINCTIONS.. I mean WTF Liverpool :/!?

I have offers from Liverpool and Hertfordshire. Have interviews at City and LSBU in London and waiting to hear back from Cardiff about anything lol :smile:

Hi, I applied early Jan, applied to Liverpool + birmingham too. Liverpool rejected me for no apparent reason.... i didnt fill in a form (the same form that no one else has filled in either!!!).
Have a interview to birmingham in april, not many have responded + apparently cardiff always take a while...

Yo man! I chose RT mainly as my past family experiences and RT allows me to use my people skills and also being apt with using tech :smile: It just fascinates me. Also love the patient care and being on the forefront of technology to actually save someones life. Kind of brief but i;m sure you get the gyst! Hope things are going well :smile:.... i'm still waiting on Cardiff D:
ahhh rejected from Cardiff, gutted! :frown:
Original post by trixiebelle
ahhh rejected from Cardiff, gutted! :frown:

aaah, so sorry to hear :frown:

I better check my track... haven't heard anything from em!
aaah, so sorry to hear :frown:

I better check my track... haven't heard anything from em!

ahhh well good luck! they will get back to you soon I'm sure :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest