The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 1
Well it looks like it might be my insurance, and I'm doing English Lit. If I don't get into newcastle I'm going to London as much as possible.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
The last train to Egham is at about 23.45, meaning to stay out late you'd have to get a taxi (mega expensive) or get the first train back, which is at about 5.15am.
But even so, do people tend to go in very much?
Reply 4
Hmmm...I think people go during the day for shopping and so on, rather than clubbing. But I could be wrong (somebody please correct me if I am)
Well thanks anyway, I doubt I'd be that interested in going clubbing as such.
Reply 6
make your own party ! i'd come ...

:|
Reply 7
Unless UCL accept me, I am probably coming to RHUL this year. Originally, I wanted to go to uni in central London, but RHUL seems like a great place, so I am ok with it be quite "far" away from London. I mean, seeing as I now live in Germany, 35 minutes on the train to London is awesome!
I have a few friends who live in central London, so I think I'll go out/go to gigs quite often and stay at my friends' over the night, then catch a train back to uni in the morning.
Yeah I'm thinking the same thing Maye, not so much for clubs but if gigs were happening it would be damn useful to have friends staying in central London.
I live in London and if I end up going to RHUL, I'm going to keep living in central London, except the first few months so I can meet other people. I just can't bare the thought of being outside central London too long though...
Reply 10
You can play nights out in london and use a minibus service to pick u up 2am outside the club. is only about £10 each. Good value for return and such late hours.
Thats a good plan actually, thanks.
Reply 12
orrrrr stay in london till 5.15. Wouldn't be so bad on a saturday night, bearing in mind somewhere'll be open. That sounds good.
JamesF06
orrrrr stay in london till 5.15. Wouldn't be so bad on a saturday night, bearing in mind somewhere'll be open. That sounds good.

I wouldn't recommend that! Last term it was one of my mate's birthday, so we went up London. We left a club at 2, and wandered the streets for a few hours in the freezing cold, and me in my stilletto heels! We found a 24 hour Subway, and then walked the mile back to Waterloo, where the station staff begrudgingly let us in (they lock the doors at night). So there we are scantily clad on one of the coldest nights of the year on Waterloo's concorse. Then thankfully a coffee place opened at 4am, so we had a coffee. The temperature was a few degrees warmer in there. After an hour or so, we discovered the first train back to Egham (Sunday service!) was at 7:20!!!! 7 of us then said "bugger this, lets get a cab!@ so we called Gemini cars and aid £80 to get back to uni by 6am!!! The ones that stayed behind got back at 8:30 having gone a bit stir cazy at Waterloo for hours waiting for the train!
Reply 14
I don't get scantily clad that often and my stilletos are firmly for cabaret but cheers lol will bear that in mind.

Latest

Trending

Trending