The Student Room Group

Anyone else seeing University meme pages on their facebook?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mel0n

Original post by mel0n
Oooohhh okay, not sure where in the UK it started first though :s-smilie:?

No idea, everybody had one within about a day of each other so it's impossible to tell! I saw an irish one a couple of days before it exploded.

Anywayyy it's getting really annoying now. People just aren't posting funny ones any more and I'm going to unlike the group because I can't see anything else on my news feed :colonhash:
Reply 81
Original post by balletlover
lol I'm from Liverpool, it's nick named Liverpool no Hope in school...

Everyone in my school used to call it that and then half of them ended up going there :wtf:. Karma. In my primary school the teachers used to call Hope Primary 'no hope' too - it's just an easy joke really since Hope Uni is one of the best PGCE providers and Hope Valley Primary is just as good as any other state primary in that area.
Reply 83
Reading has exploded over the last 2 days.

Mainly just bashing on TVU/complaining about HUMSS/laughing at Bulmershe campus.

Hello to everyone at Reading...
Reply 84
Seeing lots for Oxford
Yes! They are funny but over the past couple of days it's just been va-va-boom of university meme pages!
Reply 86
It's all I'm seeing on my Facebook page, and I don't even go to university :colonhash:
It got boring after the first one, and know I just want to kill the person who comments 'banter lol'.

I swear I will hunt them down.

They are just so poor, although I do like the Bradford health studies building/titanic one (even if it looks more like a sand-crawler than the titanic)

Here's some more:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 90
Yes, some really good, at least 50% of them it's obvious the person doesn't know the meme :facepalm2:
Reply 91
Original post by DZJX
what does meme mean?

IT MEANS THIS!!!!!!
Warwick University's meme group has basically turned into a Koan appreciation society. ^_^

Also, this is our 'most liked' meme/image (which I believe is referring to a student at Warwick who appeared on Junior Apprentice):

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 93
Reply 94
Original post by Liv1204
Yep, I saw someone comment on it so it came up on my newsfeed! Here. :smile:

Haha, thanks for that! :smile:
Reply 95
What, none for Leeds?
Reply 96
Reading has a huge memes page, some of them are just hilarious
https://www.facebook.com/ReadingMemes
Original post by robo donkey

Is it me or are they all identical pictures with just words changed? Not quite as original as I'd hoped for

That's kind of the point :colonhash:
Don't get me wrong, some are pretty funny. I've just seen the same picture of the Lion King appear on my feed in about 10 different versions damn it, too many lions
Reply 99
Is it me or are they all identical pictures with just words changed? Not quite as original as I'd hoped for

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending