The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dear You,

I really enjoyed today, I wanted to kiss you but I feel like if I did that would just end our naive little belief that we are just friends.

What would even happen if I did?
Dear You

I love you, as in I actually love you. but I don't know how to tell you.

I wish I had told you at the station. I wish I had told you just before you caught that train.

I wish I had the confidence to tell you when I next see you. But I know it'll be like last time, and i'll chicken out and just say "you know how I feel about you don't you?" and you'll say "of course I do".

I wish I knew if you loved me. I wish you would open up to me when you're sober.

Love me.
Dear You,

I'm sorry that our friendship has become awkward and strained. I didn't mean to over face you or pressurise you in anyway for a relationship, I really value you as a friend but when you were very flirty with me I couldn't help but reciprocate. I will not deny that I found the uncertainty of your inconsistency hard to deal with but I accepted it on grounds of your immaturity.

Perhaps there was the odd time when I slightly overstepped the mark, but I know I am not the only one who feels you were more responsible for blurred boundaries. I know the pressure of the college environment and interfering comments form people is never easy and I am sorry it got to the stage where things became awkward between us.

When we had our little discussion about your current perspective on the nature of our relationship, I should have dealt with it better, in terms of letting you know that I am quite content just being friends and that I value and respect you as such. In truth I think you would be a difficult person to be in with a relationship until you have grown up a bit.

However, I have found your continued inconsistency following this event somewhat bemusing. After a few days, civil conversation had been resumed and I felt we were on the way to repairing our friendship. But then, just before we went our separate ways for the summer you sought support and asked me not to leave for home at the time I planned and go to lunch with you instead: I was sad to have to say no, but the scale of your apparent disappointment was a little strange.

Communication since has been erratic to say the least, but at times you have been very reliant/dependent and have had high expectations of what you want from me, without ever really giving anything back. This despite the discourse which I suspect 'frightened the horses' in terms of a relationship about the importance of respect and the 2 way nature in any type of interpersonal relationship.

We are both strong characters, but we work well together, and we have shared so many wonderful times over the past year that it is silly to let the odd trivial clash get in the way of our friendship, and even sillier to be influenced by the stirring comments of others. However, I would be forever grateful if you could manage a bit more in the way of consistency. Even if, as I suspect is the case, you are not fully clear about your own feelings, then don't be afraid to consider to confront them and talk about it: as I friend I always have all the time in the world, even if the subject matter is tricky. Also don't bottle up other problems: I know you well enough by now to recognise when you are not yourself and I feel I only ever received a partial explanation of your last bout of out of character behaviour. Don't feel that discussion is an imposition which leads to the expectation of more than just friendship: mutual friends will tell you that I am just the sort of person who likes to listen and to help - I am naturally concerned for the welfare of others.

So please just help me a little by considering what your position actually is and what is appropriate behaviour from that perspective. Don't feel the need to treat me in a certain way because I'm a woman; over-protectiveness from 'just a friend' isn't needed and is confusing for both me and others around us, and is a stimulus for those comments which aggravate you.

Sometime we need to sit down and have a proper chat. But I'm not sure when I'll have the confidence to initiate this, and I regret not responding more appropriately during our last 'little chat' as that would have helped clear the air more effectively.

Love
Me
Dear you,

This past year has been incredible. I've met people who are the freinds I've always wanted and are truly amazing people. Events have happened this year that have defined me as a person, my reactions to the situations that have presented themself have shown me who I really am.

At times though, it's been really difficult, stressful, sad and lonely. I would be lying if I said that I wished we didn't break up before we both went to our seperate universities, as all the things that have happened wouldn't have, I even got in another relationship, but I would also be lying if I said I haven't been thinking about you, wishing it was still you at times that I was telling all my stories to, the silly situations I always manage to get myself into and the adventures I've had - the extraudanary people I've met. None of them compare to you though. I had already met the most amazing person.

I've learnt a lot about love, accepted that it's a bit of a myth and it's always different, no love is the same - there is no defining one universal meaning. I know fairytales of marriage and happiness are a bit silly. Considering most marraiges end in divorce, I understand that people change and over a long period of time it's hard for two people together to keep changing in a way that they are still both right for each other, or that nobody else is suddenly better for you. This is the reason I am not pining to get back together with you, I believe you meet at least one person a year, that if you let yourself you can fall in love with them, but I really hope you're happy.

I hope one day I'll find someone as great as you, someone like you - just not you. I hope you find someone you will fall in love with, somebody to look after you when you get down and keep you strong, because you deserve that, after everything you are a wonderful person always looking to help people and bring possitivity into people's lives. It breaks me up inside and scares me that I'll never find someone as great as you again, never be lucky enough, perhaps that for me right now you are the most wonderful person in the world, but I hope that changes. It has been over a year. I hope we become good friends one day, you've changed my life, not only by being with you in which you showed me what truly magical moments life has to offer, but the impact of our break-up and then going somewhere new. That has defined me and made me into what I am today. I will always love you in some way, I promise you that is true - but I really hope I find someone new. I hope we both do.

Love,
me.
Reply 524
Dear you,

I wish you realised how hard this all was. Everyone, absolutely everyone, tells me I should be livid and hating you right now, thankful that you 'showed your colours' and that i'm rid of you. I feel like I should hate you because of this. And yet all I want is to be your friend. I'm genuinely struggling to find anyone who interests me as much as you have done. I don't understand how I wasn't so bored before you, frankly.

I wish you felt the same, too. I wish we could just be friends and talk like we used to. I feel like i'm at a dead end and I can't ever know if you even miss me. I wish I knew if you did.

Me.
Dear you,

F.*** YOU. I don't care if you're just giving her advice. The fact that she could have the potential to have what we had makes me want to die. How dare you. And on top of that, you act like you don't even know me anymore, not a single care in the world. I hate you.

Me.
Reply 526
Dear you,

I finally told someone about us and what we had, and they think you're a **** for what you did, but I know I am partly to blame. But for all the world I don't fully hate you, yet I'm glad you're not part of my life anymore. I'm moving on to bigger and better things, I hope some point down the line you realize what you did, maybe you have already, I do wonder if you ever think about me. By that point though, I'll be long gone, as you already are it seems. This is it though, everything we had is over, forgotten, I'm drawing a line in the sand, you're old news, yesterdays leftovers. Goodbye.

Me.
Reply 527
Original post by Anonymous
Dear you,

I'm not sure why I would write this here. But the truth is it's been consuming me for years. You are my step-brother and I was just a child. Inappropriate is an understatement... I was just a child.

I didn't understand what you were doing, but I knew it was wrong. You always act like nothing happened, and some moments it is like it never did. But there isn't a single day where my mind doesn't take me back to the fear and worry of what the day would bring when you would come round to the house.

Years have passed now, I'm 22 and I am doing so much more with my life than you. But I still see you, we still have Christmas, family dinners, and every other occasion together. I could never tell anyone because I know it would kill everyone. Especially my stepdad. The best man I've ever known, I can't destroy what's left of my family.

You took something from me I can never get back and I can never forgive you for what you have done. What's worse is that as time has passed I should be moving on but it just gets harder.

I was a child and the only reason I didn't react was fear you would go near my baby sister. But now I'm ****ed up.

One day I will tell my story. One day you will need to give anwers. But until then my thoughts and nightmares will continue to consume me.

I hope you know what you've done to me.

Holy hell, someone needs to get their comeuppance.
Dear You,

I wish you could see how much I want to see you- I cried like I've never cried before last night. And your just like well maybe.

love me
Dear you,
I want to be positive but I know it is very likely that I am not going to be the same person in 3 month time.

I might forget you, forget everything around me. I might never be able to wake up again.

I love you...

Love,

Me
Dear you,

I'm struggling to not shout from the rooftops how awful you and your friends are. Some of those poor lads know nothing about what you lot got up to. Some of them don't know their girlfriends cheated on them. You have all acted like you don't care about anyone but yourselves and those lads deserve a hell of a lot better.

You're lucky I don't know them at all, as if I knew even just one of them they'd know by now. They deserve to know. They deserve the truth. I don't know if it's better for them to hear it from a complete stranger though, so I keep quiet. One day though, all of this will come out, it always does. And you girls will be shown in the true light that you deserve to be shown in. Everyone will realise what spiteful, horrible girls you are. Immature, not knowing of love of knowing of what is right. And one day, you will all regret that holiday.

Enjoy the happiness you can get from that holiday now whilst you can. One day they'll know, and you'll all have nowhere to turn.
Dear you,
I am wondering what you are doing right now.
I am just not good for you. I am such a bad person who always caused troubles for everyone around me. I am dishonest, I am a bad person... why do I allow myself to love such an angel like you???

Love,
Me
Dear You,

When we'd walk and talk together, 10 minutes would seem like 5 seconds. I comforted you and talked to you because I care about you, and I think we could be really good friends. You seemed to really enjoy spending time with me. You seem like a wonderful guy - please don't shut yourself away from me. I've half given up already. I don't like providing someone with support and then being dropped like a hot potato when everything's alright again.

Love me.
Dear you,

Let's never stop being friends. I want to race against you with my mobility scooter when I'm 70. You're such a lovely person and I'm sorry you're going through the tough times that you are right now. I wish I could be there in person for you more, as well as just emotionally.

Love me.
Original post by Anonymous
Dear You,

You make me restless, frustrated, excited and hormonal. You make me wish like hell I could have you RIGHT NOW. And at the same time, I'm terrified of you. I'm terrified of how much I'll love you, and want you in my life, and how it would just kill me if you didn't return those feelings. I've been waiting for someone like you forever it feels like, and I'm a very lonely person inside where I like to pretend others can't see. I truly wish you could be with me right now, not because you'd be my happiness, not because I need you, but because I want to feel something- anything- for another human being besides mild interest. I want to love someone and know what it is to be loved, and only you can do that for me. So until then, I'm waiting for you. Please hurry,

-Me.

Oh dear me, this is my life in a paragraph.
Dear you,

I wish you could understand how I feel about you and how much you have changed my life in such a short space of time. Your an amazing person and I never wanna lose you.

No matter what comes between us I hope we can always be friends if nothing else.

I love you lots

From me :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e
Dear you

I wish we were still in contact with each other because I still miss you. You were a big part of my life, you were the only person who I ever truly trusted. I still wonder how you managed to break my shell. I never let people see me for who I really am, I never open myself up to anyone because I know once I let someone in, I’ll also be letting in the potential heartache, troubles, and emotions which I can’t handle right now. Yet, somehow, you managed to get past all that and gave me the confidence in myself that I so desperately needed. Thank you for that.

You’ve moved on now, you’re dating her (my best friend) and it’s so difficult for me when she comes to me for advice, tells me about your problems, and asks me for help picking an outfit for your dates. It hurts so much knowing she has what I want but I won’t be bitter and let me own emotions ruin what you both have. You both deserve a chance to be together, so I’ll take a step back.

I do wonder if you ever think about me. Is that wrong? I still think about you, I can’t help it, the more I try to block you out, the harder it gets. I thought deleting your number would be a good start but even that didn’t work because it’s stuck in my head.

Great, now I’m smiling, I must look like a complete nutcase, I just remembered how you use to joke about my selective memory.

I’m glad we met and became friends. I still think we were perfect for each other but I guess you don’t.

I wish you all the best, I really do. I hope we both find what we’re looking for.

Love me.
Dear you,

The feelings I had have all returned. Because you asked me to do that one thing. I know you don't feel the same. I really hurt you after everything went down the pan. I never really meant to. It was only because I was so angry and upset.

I think I really shocked you with a few things I said the other day, and the things I've planned to do. You can see I've grown up. But it has been really hard since it ended. To a degree I'm glad we broke up because I would of stayed in my little rut. But now I've opened my eyes to the world I can see that I can do all these things I wanted to do and more. But I know I can do all these things but I want to do them with you by my side. I'd never have the guts to tell you this face to face. Or even by email. So I just hope for some crazy reason you come on here and see this.

I love you. Always have. Always will.

My little koibito. X

Love.
Me.
X

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Dear you,
I am fighting my own feelings... I miss you so bad... I miss the way you made those stupid jokes but still could make me laugh like mad :frown: I miss your evil look... I miss your warm voice asking me if I am ok...

I miss you, the most silly guy who ever believed that my sarcasm! Yesss I am the 20% girls who do not like you, silly boy! :frown:

I guess you probably don't know what it means when I said I would try my best to put my feelings away... Silly boy, listen I cannot do it no matter what much I want to... ok?

I know one thing I have to do is stopping bothering you :frown:

It will heal a litter later :frown:

Love,
Mex
Dear you
Let's stop playing these games. Last time I saw you it was awkward and there was so much pent-up tension..Next time I see you and it's just the two of us, I'll open up to you, cards on the table. Then you can take it or leave it and then we'll know if we're wasting our time or not.

Hope I've lost a shedload by then. :\

H xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending